Second visit in this hotel in two years time.
Time stood still here, meaning, appearance of hotel went downhill.
Especially, (but not only), visible in the bathroom, (mouldy wood around the bath/shower), and the breakfast terrace.
Management changed 3 times in between, not for the best in my opinion.
Ceiling fan...5 levels of speed...no way, every level same speed.
Decrepit cushions with stains on the couch.
Sleep Quality was good, very good mattress and clean bed linen, but, stayed in a room on front side of the hotel, there was a lot of noise from motorcycles and trucks very early in the morning.
Staff in restaurant is, although very friendly, clearly not sufficient trained for the job in a supposed to be 4 star hotel. Breakfast took ages until served.
Diner was, (same as before), good, nice selection of wines are served and the first glass was complementary.
Conclusion : I'm sure that, at this moment, there are much better hotel options in Luang Prabang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel is a small charming boutique hotel comprising three restored historic UNESCO World Heritage buildings more than a century old. The hotel is ideally located in the towns Old Quarter, just a short walking distance from the major tourist attractions, on the path of the morning alms-giving procession. High ceilings, exotic dark wooden floors, four-poster beds, silk fabrics and traditional weavings ooze elegance, style and character. A beautiful courtyard garden beside the Nam Khan River plus an acclaimed fine dining restaurant, serving exquisite Laotion food, make this hotel the perfect place to relax and enjoy the serene Lao lifestyle. The hotel's intimate collection of 15 rooms and suites each blend space, luxury and exquisite charm, exuding a warm and inviting ambiance amid the tranquil surroundings. Eight rooms are located in The Khamboua House, a jewel of traditional Lao architecture. Built in 1903, it opens onto a beautiful garden edging the Nam Khan River, from where you can glimpse the serene Lao lifestyle. The other seven rooms are located in The Lamache House, built originally in 1898 to host the Royal Court. The house was restored using traditional techniques and materials, indulging guests in a truly authentic stay in this charming historical town. The hotel guests are invited to use these facilities at our 5-star sister resort, Sofitel Luang Prabang, located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Nagas Hotel Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Hotel