Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Ban Lakkham(Luang Prabang)
The Apsara(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Santi Hotel(Luang Prabang)
Burasari Heritage(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
The Apsara Rive Droite(Luang Prabang)
Calao Hotel(Luang Prabang)
  • Restaurant
Sokdee Residence(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
All reviewsexecutive suitethe main streetnight marketevery morningfour poster bedmonks walkhotel consistssister propertywooden buildingquiet endin towncharming boutique hotelswimming poola ground floor roomlao foodold quarterairport transfer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The beds were comfortable, the building was beautiful, the location is prime which perhaps justifies the high price. When we checked in, we were placed in Room #1. Since we reserved this room online and the room was located in a high traffic area, I asked Mr. Vong (sp) to show us other options. He indicted there were no other rooms available. When the people above checked in, the noisy wooden floors were unacceptable (mentioned by a previous reviewer.) At this time Ms. Noy really listened to our concerns and found us another room. She also offered us other options, if we were willing to change after one night. Room #3 was smaller and feet away from a small yipping dog exit door. Management needs to choose between higher profits and insuring all guests a restful sleep.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank rbyers
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear rbyers,

Sabaidee and very warm greetings from 3 Nagas.

Thank you for your comments and I take on board all you are saying. We have limitation with what we are able to do with the hotel given we are stringently protected by UNESCO. Structural changes prohibited given the age and value of the building.

3 Nagas is one of very few hotels that are located on the High Street, our the only one with rooms facing directly on to the street (great for Alms viewing each morning as the procession passes directly in front of the hotel) and hence is afforded a fairly amazing position in relation to other hotels in our little village.

The town has a curfew that see all restaurants, shops etc closing no later than 23:30 each night but I am not able to control the neighboring dog. I do apologize that he/she kept you awake. We do all we can to ensure a restful night sleep and I am sure you would agree our beds are simply amazing. Hopefully the puppy will grow up to be a less yipping one, for all our sanity sake. ☺

Wishing you safe journey always - Kirsty

Reviewed 3 March 2014

As a further travel agent, I would like to share a review which takes into account the rather high price and general level of rates in Laos. I was sure I wanted to stay at the 3 Nagas hotel but have to say that there is some truth in all the negative critiques I have read about it here.
Rooms are dark, many things would need to be repaired, breakfast is inequal depending on the day and not for people with good appetite, bathrooms are run down, furniture would need to be refreshed, hotel and rooms are lacking small & smart details you would expect in a boutique hotel, and same for service level even though most of the staff is eager to please you. The wooden surrounding of the mirror in the bathroom was broken, but nobody thought doing something about it, even when I told the front desk to draw their attention on that somewhat dangerous situation. They just put it back where it was before, without fixing it.
Worst for me : rooms in the reception builing (Lamarche) are really noisy - whereas certainly L.P. is not a big city, tuktuks and motorbikes are noisy, start early and there is only a small wooden wall between you and them. In other terms, I felt like the tuktuks were crossing the room... and do not even think about an afternoon nap. When I had booked, I was told that the hotel was on a "main" street but it seemed they could have a solution to accomodate my wish for a calm room. One week before arrival, I wrote an e-mail again, kindly reminding that I would appreciate to be allocated a calm room (we were staying 5 nights, which is not a short stay compared to many other tourists in Luang Prabang). The room was ready when we arrived for what was an early check-in (11 pm) which was great, but we got a room just above the bar and kitchen... When I told the manager at the end of our stay that the noise had been a problem, I understood that there was no real solution to that at 3 Nagas (he said "I know"), whatever room you are in. I hope I will not get a comment back from the hotel managment here, pretending that I should have told them and that they would have changed us to another room. I did so, beforehand and twice - but my request was just ignored, which is not what I expect from a small, boutique hotel in terms of service.
Some staff members at the reception seem to seriously lack of discretion. First day, a man at front desk asked me what we had beeing doing in the afternoon and what time we would go out the next morning. When I frowned back (I was surprised to be asked about next day plans), he said that he would have to fill in a log book at the reception with this information... ?! but no other front office staff member ever asked me that or something similar during the next 5 days. And when I asked front desk to connect me to a number in Luang Prabang, they said I should come down to the reception and talk there, with their phone ... which meens with them at my side and the restaurant tables just 5m away. I insisted on getting the phone call in my room but it did not succeed, for whatever reason.
The restaurant is excellent, even though it is very expensive for Laos, it is a very reasonable - you get a loatian gastronomic meal (one of the very best we had within 2 weeks) for what would be just a normal 2-course-meal in Western Europe.
It is true that the location is central, but there are many many other options in the same area, including what seemed to me rather good ones in small side streets, or luxury residences a bit further away in the middle of nice and quite large gardens. Be aware that L.P. is a small town, so distances are always short. Wherever you stay, it will be easy to get to a place to see - and discreetly - the tak bat (morning alms) ceremony.
The rooms in the first floor of the Lamarche building, where the reception is, share a common balcony, with wooden, mobile separations - you do not feel private.

Room Tip: For calm, silent rooms - go to another hotel. Rooms in the building where the front desk and garden restaurant is located, are noisy and have only light wooden walls. If your neighours next door snork, we will hear them very well... not speaking about the traffic, bar, restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cvxa
ManagerHotel1, Hotel Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your comments about your stay and are being taken very seriously in order to retrain the team and be better prepared for all guests.

We deeply apologize if you feel it was not up to your expectations and hope to meet you personally on your next trip to Laos so we can further talk about it.
Many guests come to 3 Nagas due to its unique location, character, architecture, which is designated as a World Heritage by UNESCO, therefore we do our best to conserve the original structure, look and feel of the Hotel.

We are going through a big upgrading of our property, including the service, so we hope you will get to experience it on your next visit.

Pablo
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Second visit in this hotel in two years time.
Time stood still here, meaning, appearance of hotel went downhill.
Especially, (but not only), visible in the bathroom, (mouldy wood around the bath/shower), and the breakfast terrace.
Management changed 3 times in between, not for the best in my opinion.
Ceiling fan...5 levels of speed...no way, every level same speed.
Decrepit cushions with stains on the couch.
Sleep Quality was good, very good mattress and clean bed linen, but, stayed in a room on front side of the hotel, there was a lot of noise from motorcycles and trucks very early in the morning.
Staff in restaurant is, although very friendly, clearly not sufficient trained for the job in a supposed to be 4 star hotel. Breakfast took ages until served.
Diner was, (same as before), good, nice selection of wines are served and the first glass was complementary.
Conclusion : I'm sure that, at this moment, there are much better hotel options in Luang Prabang.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank eMBieAntwerp
ManagerHotel1, Hotel Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear eMBieAntwerp

Thank you for taking the time to share with us the feedback about your recent visit. We truly appreciate that you had returned to stay with us again and very sorry that your experience did not turn out the way you expected.

Now that Accor has taken over the hotel and managed the whole operation, I can guarantee to you that a drastic improvement will be noticed and maintained.
With Sofitel's brand standards to be a strong guideline for the team, we are certain the high standards of service that we are proud of will be consistently transcended.

Regarding the noise factor, we are located in a unique location in the heart of charming quaint Luang Prabang, which is a UNESCO protected Heritage site, therefore we are very limited in terms of what can be implemented.
Currently we are undergoing processes to insulate some of the noise form outside and we expect very soon this will not be an issue.

We hope to welcome you back very soon so you can experience a magnifique time in Luang Prabang.

Have a great weekend!

Best Regards

Pablo
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice old houses converted to a hotel. Service is excellent and location is perfect.
However, I found it very overpriced for what it offers.
Room was dark and not functional.
The architecture is nice but the hotel lacks more attention to details. There are many better options in town for this price.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EduardoCancado
Kirsty D, General Manager at Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear EduardoCancado,

Sabaidee from 3 Nagas, Luang Prabang.

Thank you for your review and comments about the hotel. We do have some challenges with what we are and are not allowed to do to with the hotel, we are privileged enough to be well protected by UNESCO. That being said your comments for more attention to detail does not go unheeded and I will be sure to take this to heart.

There are other options in town and Luang Prabang does offer the full spectrum of accommodation to suit all travel tastes. One just needs to decide if they are indeed after "excellent service" and a "perfect location", and if so…3 Nagas is accommodation of choice.

We have plans afoot for the hotel and are looking forward to continuing to delight and deliver exceptional guest experiences to the intrepid travellers that pass through Luang Prabang.

Wishing you a safe journey where ever you may travel.

Warmest regards - Kirsty

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We spent three days in January 2014 at the 3Nagas and it was simply a wonderful experience. As a top end accommodation, it is central, amazingly comfortable with incredible staff led by a superior manager. From a 50 year old to an 8 year old perspective - we both loved our stay here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EmmaSquid

Dear EmmaSquid,

Sabaidee and warm greetings from 3 Nagas. I am so glad you enjoyed our 3 Nagas property having moved over from Hotel de la Paix. We do indeed have incredible staff at 3 Nagas, in fact the team operates both hotels and moves interchangeably as does the management. Your praise is well received and most gracious.

With warmest regards - Kirsty