“Laos tour - Luang Prabang”

Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location for wandering around Luang Prabang with markets within 5 minute walk.
Rated 4 star but 5 star treatment. Close proximity to Mekong river with many good dining options nearby. Luang Prabang is just starting to cater for tourists but many backpacker hotels in this heritage listed location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Serge_Ditesheim, Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Frank G,

I trust you have had a smooth and uneventful journey back to Australia.

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your insights with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is great to learn that you found the location of Maison Souvannaphoum to be ideal for wondering around this wonderful heritage town. Luang Prabang is indeed in the early stages of tourism which makes it a truly authentic, aesthetically as well as culturally pleasant place to visit.

We hope you will have the chance to travel to this wonderful part of the world again in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back to our “Maison”.

Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang and all the best!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed in a the garden room wing on the upper level. It was a spacious & well equipped room that included a super kingsized comfortable bed, also a large balcony overlooking the garden & pool. It was simply but tastefully decorated and the bathroom included a large shower - both were spotless when we arrived & were kept maintained that way throughout our stay. The grounds too were immaculate as was the pool & it's surroundings. The dining area was pleasantly located near the pool with some tables outside & the breakfast included was varied & very tasty especially some small coconut pancakes. The staff were delightful, thoughtful & extremely helpful & it was a pleasure to stay here. I would happily return to this hotel for a further visit in the future - probably for longer. Very relaxing environment away from the lively main road only a brief walk away.

Room Tip: The upper level garden wing has good views over the gardens & pool area
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ElisabethM527,

Thank you for kindly having taken the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor. I did read your account with utmost interest and joy. I am truly delighted to learn that we were able to make you feel so much at home here at Maison Souvannaphoum and that you would gladly return to our hotel again. Also, I have taken your feedback as a good reason to give our two gardeners a tap on the shoulder and they were very proud to learn that you found the grounds and gardens to be immaculately maintained and pleasant.

On behalf of my entire team here – thank you very much for your encouraging words!

Please trust that we are sparing no effort to make Maison Souvannaphoum a more enjoyable and pleasant place on a daily basis and shall hence certainly not rest on our laurels now.

Once again ElisabethM527, thank you for your time and consideration and for providing us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

In the meantime, have a good day and all the very best!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

If you're not for the soul-less 'could be anywhere' hotels, this is the place for you. The rooms were spacious,clean and comfortable; the 'Welcome Home' spelled out in cut palm fronds on our bed on arrival really says it all. Only two storeys and built in colonial style it is set in lush tropical grounds with poolside bar. It is close enough to walk to the night markets in town after dinner. This was our favourite accommodation of our SE Asia tours. Staff were friendly and happy to tell us about their culture. Loved the total feel of the place.
Be sure to order the 'Dragon Boat' meal one evening for dinner!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Serge_Ditesheim, Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Liz H,

Greetings from Luang Prabang and a BIG thank you for posting your review here on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that we, at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel were able to contribute to an overall pleasant and memorable sojourn in Luang Prabang. We are especially proud to learn that we top your personal list of favorite accommodations in SE. Thank you also for your kind words about our employees and I do indeed realize just how lucky I am to be working with such a delightful group of young and eager people.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future and in the meantime I wish you happy travels and all the very best!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Having just spent 4 nights at MSH I can attest to its charm and tranquility. The staff are very attentive and accommodating. We felt very welcome and well taken care of. I took a cooking class while there and thoroughly enjoyed it from the trip to the morning market to the cooking. The spa is sublime. Our transport to and from the airport was efficient. Our room was comfortable and clean with a sizable private terrace in the garden like estate grounds which meticulously maintained. Nice pool and bar area as well with good bartenders and cocktails. Perfect location. Can't go wrong with this one.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Zamborgini,

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review which I have read with great interest and joy!

It was a great pleasure to have made your acquaintance during your recent visit to Luang Prabang and I would like to thank you yet again for having selected Maison Souvannaphoum as your hotel of choice.

I have gladly shared your feedback with the team and especially Chef Vanhsay, our gardeners, bartenders as well as our SPA therapists were delighted to have received such kind praise from your good self. On behalf of the entire team here – thank you very much!

I truly hope you will have the occasion to travel to this wonderful part of the world again soon. We would certainly love to host yet another comfortable and memorable stay for you then.

In the meantime I would like to wish you a good day and all the very best!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Having recently returned from visiting Laos I feel compelled to write a review to praise this hotel. From our arrival to departure four days later staff made our stay a memorable one. From day one they remembered our names and were friendly and extremely helpful. I had a wonderful massage in the spa which could have been spoilt by a misunderstanding regarding the price (listen carefully to the exact details of any discounts) however the manager kindly charged me the price I had expected to pay without any dispute. Te staff at breakfast were lovely particularly two young trainees. Rooms were always spotless as was the hotel itself. I would recommend this hotel without reservation and hope to return myself one day.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KazBn

Dear KazBn

I trust you have had a smooth and uneventful journey back to the UK.

Please allow me to first and foremost thank you yet again for having selected Maison Souvannaphoum as your preferred Hotel for your recent vacation in Luang Prabang.

I am thrilled to learn that my team was able to contribute to a memorable and overall delightful sojourn and I have not missed to share your feedback with everyone here. Especially our two trainees (now full time employees) Mr. Bounmee and Ms. Outhai were very proud to have received such kind praise from your good self. Also on their behalf – thank you very much!

My apologies again for the slight misunderstanding concerning our SPA promotion and I am glad you informed us right away so that we were able to resolve the matter swiftly.

Once again KazBn, thank you for your time and consideration and for providing us with your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to your return and in the meantime I wish you happy travels and all the best!

A TripAdvisor Member
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was a relaxing, peaceful stay in a pleasant, well maintained setting.Our accommodation was very tidy with the rooms being serviced to high standard.There was a wide range food available and we were found all staff and management friendly and attentive. Top value for money, overall a good choice to stay with.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for kindly having taken the time to review your recent sojourn at Maison Souvannaphoum here on Tripadvisor.

I have gladly shared your feedback on the cleanliness of our rooms with the respective housekeeping staff and told them how good a job you thought they were doing. On behalf of my housekeeping team – thank you for your kind praise and encouragement.

We are very pleased to know that you feel you have made a good choice by staying with us and we would certainly be delighted to host yet another comfortable stay for you when you may return to wonderful Luang Prabang.

In the meantime, I would like to wish you a good time and all the best!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this charming hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are cheerful, and breakfast is delicious (make sure you try the Laotian pancakes--we're still dreaming about them!) Our room was very pretty, welcoming, and well tended to. The bathroom was fairly spacious and clean. We appreciated that they lit citronella in the room every night to help keep the mosquitos at bay. It's a short walk into town, but we thought it was nice to be a bit away from all the hustle of downtown. I'll stay here again if I return to LP!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Itc1002,

Greetings from Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel and many thanks for your encouraging feedback.

We were all delighted to read your review and I am particularly happy to learn that you found our staff to be friendly, our breakfast delicious and the rooms to be comfortable and well serviced. Please trust that we are fully committed to upkeep and improve our services and facilities on a daily basis in order to make “Maison” an ever more comfortable and pleasant place.

It would certainly be a great pleasure to welcoming you back when you may return to Luang Prabang.

In the meantime, I would like to wish you happy travels and all the very best.