“Good choice!”

Singharat Guest House
Ranked #13 of 268 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2014

There are tons of guesthouses in LP, but I am happy with my choice to stay at Singharat. Taxi from airport knew exactly where it was (I paid the 50k kip at the desk rather than wandering around on the road to look for a tuk tuk and am glad I did since I didn't see anyone as we drove out). They were welcoming, got me set up and prepared me a map of the area to get me oriented. Room was very clean, with nice hot shower (in fact I tried to take a cold shower and couldn't!), fridge, kettle. The wifi didn't quite work in my room but there's nice seating on the porch out front and the signal is good. My AC was struggling to keep up with the stifling hot weather, but it was a lifesaver. They also supply a mosquito net which I didn't even bother using. There's also a tv in the room and it had HBO (fun luxury). I think it's not the cheapest place in town, but I have heard many people who weren't that happy with their accommodations, so I was happy to find this place- already extended my stay once! Location wise it's a 5 minute walk to the night market end of town, but further to reach the end of the peninsula. I was fine walking, but in the heat it felt rough at times. They also have bikes that are usually available for 20k kip a day, but they did run out one day and suggested I try down the road. Breakfast was lovely. I like that it's quiet and clean, and LP feels really safe to walk even at night so location was fine for me. Other guests very nice, I heard zero noise. Oh and the shutters make the room almost pitch dark so I kept sleeping in, but I think it's a plus for many people. The staff is very sweet and always ask how you are and what you're up to, so it was nice to come home to. I think within the price range, it's a great place to stay. No sales pitches on activities either, which is a plus!

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs in the corner and it was really quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank nysurfgirl

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed three nights at the guesthouse which was very clean and breakfast was included. The staff were so friendly- especially Luon, the sweet Vietnamese lady. The rooms were comfortable with air con.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sophie C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

stay here for five night, ignites ang it as amazing! Great location, just a five minute walk to town. The service was simply amazing! The staff provided me with a map of bunch of sights and restaurants and bars to go to throughout my stay which was extremely helpful. My room was on the second flood and was clean and the air conditioning worked so well. They also provide free wifi and great breakfast . This is the best breakfast i've had in all of Southeast Asia! i had excellent stay and have no complaints, you should definitely stay here. Great price, great staff, great service and location. So pleased"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 653sung
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After struggling to find a room anywhere luckily we came across this guest house and they were more than accommodating-
Hotel is great value for money and the service has been great! En suite rooms with aircon with a nice breakfast included, we had pancakes with bowls of fruit and mango smoothies all included- it's also a 5 minute walk to the centre of town, we would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kebabab
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I planned to stay at this guesthouse for 3-5 days and ended up extending for 8 days. The hosts, Loan and Duc, are so nice and accommodating - we are all friends now! My favorite aspect of this place is the cleanliness. They clean it top to bottom every day - very important to me. Also this is great value for money, a 5 minute walk to "downtown" and great (included in price) breakfast options. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Demandajean
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. 10 minutes walk to night market Our flights got delayed but the staff here are super friendly that allow us to extend our stay without extra charge. Breakfast are so far the best i have ever tried. Staff here speak pretty good english and would show you around the area. Our stay here was very pleasent except with the cock next door make noise every 5 am sharp.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 485elaineh
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for four. Ignites and it as amazing! Great location, just a five minute walk to town, but tucked away enough from the noise. The service was simply amazing! The staff provided me with a map of a bunch of sights and restaurants and bars to go to throughout my stay which was extremely helpful. My room was on the second floor and was clean and the air conditioning worked so well. They also provide free wifi and great breakfast. This is the best breakfast I've had in all of Southeast Asia! I had an excellent stay and have no complaints, you should definitely stay here! great price, great staff, great service and location. So pleased!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo