“Expensive and far from clean”
Review of Burasari Heritage

Burasari Heritage
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed six nights, sounded terrific on the internet. Definitely the terrace restaurant was in a great location on the river and a perfect place to while away a few hours, gorgeous view and lovely staff. The room was weird with a shower inside the room, no privacy at all, worse for us as we were not a couple. The toilet and floors were dirty, never saw the girls doing the cleaning use a mop or brush, just dusters and sodt broom. The location of the hotel was good but there are many cheaper quality hotels close by. Don't bother with this one.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eva G
Burasarigroup G, General Manager at Burasari Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Eva G,

Thank you for letting us know your feedback about your stay.

I am very sorry to learn of your less than satisfying experience via TripAdvisor. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere apologies for any disappointment you felt. I was particularly concerned about your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. I have addressed the entire housekeeping staff about this lapse and will certainly ensure that our high standard for cleanliness are upheld at all times.

I am glad you enjoyed spending time at The Terrace Restaurant. We are committed to turning all comments we receive from guests into positive improvements and we would be delighted in welcoming you back in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We checked in as a family after a disastrous one night stay in another hotel.

Ok, so the good stuff:-
Perfect position to explore Luang Prabang
Lovely smiling staff that are eager to help
Gorgeous comfy beds
Great breakfast at The Terrace overlooking the river which is A la Carte rather than a buffet.
Complimentary mini bar
Complimentary bicycle
Beautifully restored buildings.

If I had to find somewhere for improvement, and I'm struggling here!
Maybe a curtain or screen between the bathroom and bedroom and some insect repellant in the room for the Mosquitos.

All in all a magical stay. Particular thanks to Nok in the Terrace restaurant for her friendly, happy demeanour and tips of where to visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mattelliottknight
Burasarigroup G, Manager at Burasari Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Mattelliottknight,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled that you and your family had a magical stay and you pointed out so many positive details.

I am delighted that you found the staff smiling and eager to help. I will also be sure to share your thanks to Ms. Nok at The Terrace. She will no doubt be satisfied to hear how she contributed to your overall positive stay.

Your thoughts on improvements has been duly noted. In fact, we do normally have our own brand of natural mosquito repellant that we offer to guests by request. We will certainly try to better communicate this to guests in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back to Burasari Heritage one day and I wish you and your family all the very best.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

It was a good decision; My friends and I were very happy with your quality of hospitality service you provided us the days of our stay at Burasari Heritage Hotel. We enjoyed the peace and quiet we needed, offered in all the facilities of your hotel , very good location. Including with the excellent service of the staff,

The compliments that we have received on your staff’s courteousness and the excellent food that your F&B Manger recommended for the occasion have been numerous.

I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family, and I’m sure I’ll be back on vacation. I hope to get the same quality of service when I return. Thanks again, see you soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A friend recommended and booked me and a mate into this hotel. We were alloted different rooms, off the main building. The rooms were well-appointed with the usual amenities including a portable heater, which came in useful when it dropped to 8 Celcius. The decor is a mix and match of old and new, and can be a wee bit disorientating. Wifi signal at the far side of hotel was intermittent. Overall a nice hotel but comes with a pricey tag.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Burasari Heritage has been recently bought and re-designed by a Thai company. The result is a charming addition to the collection of boutique hotels in Luang Prabang. This one has probably one of the very best location and the decor, although not very much Lao, is well thought through. The rooms are not very large though, and the bathrooms are not partitioned, which can really be an issue if you are sharing your room with a friend. The breakfast, decent, is offered on a beautiful platform overlooking the river.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My spouse and I stayed in the Burasari a short while ago and were super impressed and appreciative of the very kind and helpful staff as well as the nice location of the hotel and the river-side restaurant. I fell off a bike and broke my leg one day after arriving but was relocated, without any drama, to a ground-floor room, and had breakfast delivered to my terrace where i could watch the world flow by. I got help to move with crutches to the restaurant for supper and, similarly, was provided with cushions to make the return journey by road to Vientiane comfortable. My thanks and appreciation to the Manager and her team.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Burasari from Dec 30 - Jan 2. While we had a nice stay overall, and I do realized that it was over the New Years, I didn't think the stay warranted anywhere near the price we paid, which ended up being about $300 USD per night.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are indeed stylishly decorated, and the hotel is in a very good location. If it weren't for the exorbitant nightly rate and the slight stench that came from the toilet, I would rank our stay as being excellent.

Another point on the rate, be VERY AWARE if you book through an online booking engine. We booked our room via Expedia. Upon checking in, we were then told that there would be a mandatory dinner with the hotel that costs an additional $120 for the two of us. The low-ball tactic more than rubbed us the wrong way.

On the positive front, we were exceptionally impressed with one of the waiters, Jamorn. He went out of his way to be helpful and looked out for us. In fact, Jamorn should really be working the front desk to help with check-in process instead of waiting tables. He would leave a far better customer first impression than the current staff.

Room Tip: if booking a room with balcony, ask for a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tsip92
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay.

I do sincerely apologize for any confusion over the special New Year's dinner celebration. Please trust that it was not meant to be deceptive in any way and it was not our intention to make you feel uncomfortable. I am glad we were able to make the dinner optional after you kindly pointed out you did not want to attend. Once again, I am sorry if it caused you any distress.

Thank you for sharing your commendation of Jamorn and feedback regarding our staff. I consider all comments as valuable input as we continually strive to improve our service. We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future so that we can provide you with a better experience.

Best regards,