“Really A Great New-Comer”
Review of Burasari Heritage

Burasari Heritage
Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Really A Great New-Comer”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Because of the lay-out of the property, you almost feel as though you are in a private residence. You never need to go through a "lobby". You simply walk out your door and you are on the street as if you were walking out of a private home. The restaurant across the street is beautifully situated overlooking the river and serves an acceptable breakfast (not buffet) and very decent dinners. As with most of the properties, it is a very short walk to all points of interest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank blairbill47
Burasarigroup G, Manager at Burasari Heritage, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear blairbill47,

Thank you for choosing Burasari Heritage and for taking the time to share your review here on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you think we are "Really A Great New-Comer" and praised our restaurant's beautiful location.

I am also thankful that you pointed out that we are a short walk to all points of interest and you felt as though you were in a private home as we strive for guests to feel at home, down to the small details such as complimentary mini-bar and free bicycle rental.

We would be delighted to welcome you back one day and hope you will continue to have fond memories of your stay with us. Thank you again for your time and providing your feedback.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cooroy, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The room is spacious and clean. Stunning location for LPG and staff are very friendly. Breakfast is simple but very tasty. The one issue we have is the 'acoustic' music every night in the restaurant . It does not seem in keeping with the layback attitude of this stunning destination. It certainly doesn't seem appropriate for such a quiet World Heritage listed site. It must be a real annoyance to the locals and it will only encourage similar entertainment from other bars and restaurants and soon enough this will be like so many other places around the world where Hotel Calfornia rings out. Please don't become like the Greek Isles.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Karen G,

Thank you for having taken the time to share feedback on your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you found us to be a "Central and charming hotel" in a stunning location. We are very pleased that you also mentioned our friendly staff and the spaciousness of your room. Thank you!

We take all comments and feedback seriously and I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the acoustic music at the restaurant. Live music is a rare treat in Luang Prabang and the feedback from our guests and patrons (both locals and foreign visitors) has been overwhelmingly positive. We have always taken measures to ensure the disturbance is minimal: The Terrace Restaurant was created as an intimate spot with only ten tables, it is directly across from the hotel - not a private residence, and music ends at 9:30 pm.

We carefully consider all comments and we have taken note of yours. Once again, on behalf of our entire team, thank you for your time and providing valuable feedback. We would be delighted to welcome you back one day.

Kind regards,

Stratford on Avon
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Situated in a lovely position within easy walking distance of main attractions of the old city. Open air restaurant is on the other side of a quiet road and has wonderful views of the river, particularly at breakfast when the sun has just risen. Rooms very well appointed, service excellent and though a small hotel the public areas were very comfortable. Great place for a few days indulgence.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jintz
Dear Jintz,

Thank you for choosing Burasari Heritage for your sojourn in Luang Prabang and for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the restaurant, its views and the service. I am also glad you noticed our lovely location and were able to take advantage of it walking to the old city's main attractions.

We would love to welcome you back one day and I hope you will continue to have fond memories of your stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for your time and providing your valuable comments.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It was our perfect trip again in Luang Prabang. My friends and I wanted to say thanks for the exceptional service and food you provided for our dinner at "The Terrace” restaurant overlooking Nam Khan River of Burasari Heritage Hotel.

The menu "Pan Ped" was really impressed & delighted , special thanks to Ms.Nok (F&B Mgr.) for your hospitality and the excellent food & matched-wine that you prepared. We love and enjoy it.

All the staff were great and on hand at all the right times.

Yes we had a brilliant dining time here !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JoeyLoveFree
Dear JoeyLoveFree,

It is with great pleasure and joy that I read your feedback on Trip Advisor. Thank you sharing your dining experience at The Terrace and I'm delighted to hear that you found the food and service to be exceptional and brilliant. I will certainly pass on your praise to Ms. Nok and our entire F&B team. I'm especially glad to hear you loved the "pan ped".

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Terrace one day so you can experience another "perfect trip" in Luang Prabang. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had stayed before in 2011 which was called The Chang Heritage now with the new management it's even better! After having escaped from the horrible stay from Zen Namkhan resort. We had. Wonderful retreat from this stunning and luxurious hotel for 4 nights. My first impression was the reception they were very helpful,cheerful and very friendly especial mr. Peng everything we needed helps he always took care of us, I did like the room overlooking Namkhan river room was designed with glamorous and luxurious, mmmm bathroom is suitable for couples, it's quite sexy but not quite no privacy when needed to do the monkey business so one needed to get out of the room. The location was perfect it was easy to get round by walking or bicycle. Breakfast was incredible I did like the idea of many selections on menu and did like the service by a Thai staff named Nok. If I went back to LPB this will be my number one choice again. P.S a very special thank for khun Ploy Athitaya for arranging my booking

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mattkompat
Dear Mattkompat,

it is with great pleasure that I read your feedback on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I'm delighted to hear that you found Burasari Heritage to be a "wonderful retreat".

I am delighted that you have praised the location, breakfast, the reception and several of our team members - I will be sure to pass it on to Mr. Peng, Ms. Nok and Ms. Ploy.

We do hope you return to Luang Prabang and we'd be most delighted to welcome you back to Burasari Heritage. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for having taken the time to share your comments here.

Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had a great experience here - the attention to detail at Burasari is really fantastic. The location is ideal, in the old city and on a relatively high-end, quiet strip of waterfront. The lobby, rooms and Terrace restaurant are beautifully decorated in a very classic, simple way. The Terrace is a great location - overlooking the river, literally the most perfect place for meals & drinks. Every morning my eggs were cooked perfectly at breakfast and the other food was delicious. Even the live music at happy hour every night was amazing. Everything is clean and the room was very well air-conditioned. The shower pressure and temperature was fabulous, which isn't a given in Asia. The staff was incredible - they were so friendly, they always asked how our day/adventures were (always remembered what we said we were going to do!), they pro-actively supplied our room w beach towels when they heard we were planning on going to the waterfalls, etc. The free bicycles were in good condition and when we rented a scooter through them it was great. I would stay there again and am planning on booking my parents to stay there later this year.

The only downsides to this hotel are 1) no pool, 2) the bedroom was small-ish (but the bathroom was spacious) and 3) if the restaurant was busy in the morning my toast wasn't piping hot. But I wouldn't have traded my stay there for any other place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vnyc80
Burasarigroup G, Manager at Burasari Heritage, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Vnyc80,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. It is with great joy that I read your feedback and I'm thrilled that you summarized your stay as "Beautiful hotel, amazing service, attention to detail".

I'm delighted that you praised so many aspects of your experience, including The Terrace and its live music, the rooms, the meals and our attention to detail. I have also noted your commented about the toast and we will strive for a flawless experience on your next visit.

We would be delighted to welcome your parents later this year and hope we can welcome you back again as well. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I wish you all the best.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in Jan/Feb 2014, in a room with a balcony overlooking the Nam Khan river.
The room was extremely comfortable and luxurious, probably the best hotel room I've ever stayed in, and the location was stunning. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast service was prompt and efficient with good choice and quality food.
The only reason I didn't mark this as 'excellent' is because it's a tad overpriced - another hotel very close by has rooms very nearly as good (albeit without the river view) at about 1/3 the price. Having said that, the price did mean that this was one of the few places where we could have stayed - most places were fully booked! And they did give me a discount, too.

Room Tip: Upstairs room with balcony.