“What a waste of time & money”
Review of L'Hibiscus Spa

L'Hibiscus Spa
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I had the misfortune to goto this spa this afternoon. I asked for a 90minute leg and foot massage. A child woman washed my feet she then proceeded to "massage them" i cannot find words to describe this non massage a featherlight smoothing of my feet only. Semireclined on an uncomfortable and grubby matress. It pains me to think about the waste of time and money.
i thoroughly detested the whole experience that incidentailly lasted 45 minutes
Going out to get drunk now perhaps it will help me to forget.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

absolutely loved this place. the open air feel with beautiful billowing curtains blowing in the wind. truly a special place. my friend and i got the foot/leg massage with cream (i think that's what it was called). amazing and relaxing. i highly recommend this beautiful sanctuary.

1  Thank Caroline R
Reviewed 10 March 2014

when a fellow tourist told us the highlight of her 7 day stay in Luang Prabang was her daily Hibiscus foot massage we decided we had to try it....and we went back 3 times. The first time hubby, 2 teens and I had the most wonderful foot massage EVER. The second time was just as good and the third we booked, after a 3 day mountain trek, for the works - scrub, massage, facial. Sublime pampering from gorgeous staff. Now don't get me wrong this is not a fancy sparkling tiles kinda place - it is a local business with friendly young Laos staff in a breezy timber building. WE all loved it.

2  Thank Louise E
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Went here upon the recommendation of our tour leader. Had a very nice typical Laotian massage (different from Thai or traditional Swedish) $US 8 for 90 minutes. Very typical with the mats on the floor, sometimes 2 in a room (you are dressed in scrubs they provide). I would go here again

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I went here due to overall good reviews on trip advisor. I was looking for somewhere professional, with a nice environment and quality massage. I booked the day before for a 3pm appointment, in an upstairs A/C room for 2 people to fit in around other activities we had planned. When we turned up the booking was lost (i think it was written in on the wrong page of the diary!) so we had to wait 45mins to begin. There seemed to be a lot of people around the building, coming and going and chatting - it wasn't exactly a serene setting. We began our 2 hour session with a shower and change into robes (which were pretty tired and scratchy), we then went upstairs to the massage room and entered an area with partitioned off beds that had very very poor privacy (dodgy curtains that didn't fully cover the entrances so anyone who walked past could see in). My partner and I were taken to different rooms, with me being taken in about 10 minutes earlier than him. Despite that, my massage started for about 2 minutes and the masseur asked if I could wait a minute because she had to do something, then didn't return for 10 minutes! By the time she returned I was already feeling uncomfortable about the experience so far so I went into my partners partitioned area and said "lets jut make this 1 hour!" - I couldn't wait for it to be over. The massage continued but it was the worst I had had for my whole 7 week holiday (in which i received massages about 8 times) - it felt really slap stick and I couldn't shake this feeling that the masseur had somewhere else to be. Surely enough, she finished the massage 10 minutes early (after having started 10 mins late!). The whole time there was people talking loudly in the building. I must admit my partner had a better experience with his massuer who was apparently very good - and the noise issue didn't bother him so much. As we were leaving, a woman said to us just outside the building "I"m sorry, we are getting ready for a wedding today". I assume she was the manager/owner. Anyway, it was awful. I won't be giving them a second chance.