“Lovely Place To Chill Out”
Review of Dao Fa Bistro

Dao Fa Bistro
Ranked #123 of 202 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, Pizza, International
Bangkok, Thailand
“Lovely Place To Chill Out”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was in Luang Prabang in June this year. It was my second visit to LP and I wish I'd discovered Dao Fa Bistro the first time. I stopped here twice and although I didn't eat here, only because I wasn't hungry at the time, I will next time. Instead I just stopped and had a few Beer Lao and chilled out. Love the decor and very relaxing. Only slight niggle would be that I had to keep asking for more ice for my beer.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“What a positive surprise”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We had pasta and burger at this place and both was a very possitive surprise! Very fresh, homemade and good!

• Visited July 2013
Bangkok
“Fine, nothing great but good location and cold beer”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Dao Fa is right on the main street, as other reviews have pointed out, and serves a mix of western and Lao meals. I had a buffalo steak as the main, but they also had deer stroganoff or crocodile, along with some more traditional fare. The buffalo was, as it is, a bit tougher than a beef steak, but very tasty and well presented. The beer was cold. The prices reasonable. You won't come to this place for its uniqueness, but you could do worse. Get a front table and watch the people go by.

• Visited February 2013
DaoFaBistro, Manager at Dao Fa Bistro, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you Harkish for your time reviewing us!

Indeed, we try to offer as well different and exotic meats such as Buffalo steak, which comes from Luang Prabang. We only use Buffalo fillet, which is the most tender part we can have!
Our crocodile and deer comes from Thai farms.

Hope you come by again on your next trip to Luang Prabang to appreciate our front table!
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dishonest”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

After an average meal at Dao Fa the waitress handed us a bill including one item that we had not ordered. After mentioning the mistake the item was removed, however when we paid the remaining amount the waitress informed us we had used a 20,000 kip note instead of a 50,000 note to pay, it being our first night in Laos we assumed we had incorrectly given them the 20,000 and swapped for a 50,000.

After leaving I realised that the only money we had were 50,000 notes seen as I had been to the nearest ATM five minutes previously.

The waitress swapped the note when she left our table. Although it was only a small amount it is a shame the restaurant had to resort to such tricks!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kevin M
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice spot to chill”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stopped on our way to the night market for dinner as my sons had a hankering for Western food after a few days of eating Laotian dishes. Location is great, right on the main road of Luang Prabang, and the service was very good. As is the case in most restaurants, the Western food is more expensive. My family had a pizza (kip 70k) and a buffalo steak (kip 80k), both of which were very good and came out of the kitchen quickly. We also had a serving of chicken fried rice that was also perfectly cooked. We arrived early so the BeerLao was 2 for 1 (from 6-8). Overall it was decent food, good service, and we certainly recommend it to others.

• Visited December 2012