“Yum!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Joy was very welcoming and attentive despite our early arrival for dinner. The food is fresh, tasty and true Laotian style. The garlic fish we shared for main deserves special mention, it was amazing. We also had the laarb, very very tasty. It's a bit hard to find, for some reason the locals don't seem to know where it is unlike other popular restaurants - go figure! Easiest route is to head along the Main Street away from town, turn right at the fountain that has no water and joys is on the right just before you hit the river. Prices are very cheap, food is sensational and Joy was a fabulous hostess. Must go!

1  Thank pandabear_11

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Really good food surrounded by wonderful photos taken by Joy's Australian photographer husband. Make sure you read Joy's story, proudly framed on the wall.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Clean tidy - good range of Lao food and falang food. I liked the photographs mounted on the walls! Very relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

After reading the good reviews on here whilst we were in Luang Probang we decided to give it a try! The food was amazing!! I have been travelling Asia for 2 months now and it was one of the best meals I have eaten so far. The fried fish in garlic was so delicious. The portions are generous too! If you are in Luang Probang then definitely pay a visit to Joys, you will be in for a treat!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We had dinner tonight at "Joys" based on other trip advisors. Boy were they right on. I never tasted fish so delicious in my life and I am a lover of fish and seafood. I had the steamed lemongrass Mekong River fish and it was outstanding! My daughter had a beef dish cooked with veggies and it was also really good. Everything was fresh with authentic Lao flavors. Only a few tables in the dining room and Joy is right there to answer any questions and to happily welcome you. Only two days left here and I'm already dreaming of going back!