“Nice and Clean Guesthouse with Excellent Location”

My Lao Home Capsule Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luang Prabang
My Lao Home Capsule Guesthouse
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice and Clean Guesthouse with Excellent Location”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Firstly, I must say its a very neat and clean guesthouse conveniently located along the Mekong river area. The staff are very helpful in giving assistance as well.

For those who intend to see or make offerings during the daily alms-giving procession, this is really a wonderful place. Local Lao ladies would prepare the sticky rice and other offerings near the guesthouse and one just need to walk out towards the main street behind guesthouse where the monks procession passed by before 6:00 am in the morning.

Joma Bakery is just around the corner. One can rent bicycle from the guesthouse and most areas are easily accessible with a City Bike.

The only shortcoming is the poor WiFi quality. The WiFi connection at the lobby always get disconnected.

Other than that the rest works perfectly fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This place aims a capsule dormitory of Japan. But there's a difference on look. Rooms are clean. And there is a stand and a electric socket each bed. Good to making a new friends. The only bad thing is staffs are not kind. But it was not a big problem to me. You know, It's very cheap. It just value of price. It's a good place to stay short.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I came here only for two reasons : they had female dorm and it was not expensive for a place which seemed to be clean. You have to know that their is no locker in the room but at the desk for 10 000 Kips.
I paied my ladies dorm and went out for the afternoon. When I came back, my 3 roomates were 3 men!, nice for a female dorm... The man at the reception told me he was not the boss so he couldn't do anything for me and that I have to talk with the boss in the morning.

I changed place at 7pm, and came back next morning to get my money back which was not easy! Finally I got it but whithout any smile or apologize.

Their are many nicer other places in the old city for the same price...

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alice C

Travellers are raving about these Luang Prabang hotels

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

My double room was clean and comfy. The strange thing was is that I had three walls of windows. So if you need pitch black darkness to sleep, it will not be appropriate as you can see the light in the corridor through the curtain.

I had three night of great rest here. The only issue is that there is a curfew type of thing at 11pm. Most places in laos and cambodia have that. However as the watchman was fast asleep he couldnt hear the people wanting to enter at 2am. I woke up and let them in which was fine but they really should have signs explaining that there is a lock out and where to knock to call the watchman.

Usually it is cheaper booking directly with the locals however agoda was much cheaper and I booked all my nights through it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
The world
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The private double room is so dirty. The dirt is falling off the walls. The bathroom is foul. The urine stains are stuck to the toilet bowl. Lots of stains on he towels and bed sheets and the room bn had not even been empty from the last people who stayed in the room.

The staff are nothing short of hopeless. Just a few young lads who spends their days on the internet and watching tv. They don't even look up at you when you try and ask a question. We had to end up booking all tours and buses up town.

The place would be ok for one night, two at a push. Our 3 nights nearly killed us!!!

Its not worth the 130,000 kip he tried to charge us. Its not even worth the 100,000 kip we ended up paying.

We won't be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We were given a spacious and most importantly clean room and bathroom for 4 at a very inexpensive price. The staff is very friendly and willing to help with anything needed. The guesthouse provides wifi in rooms and comes with breakfast every morning. Rooms also have an electric kettle to make tea and coffee with.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hanoi
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My friend and I came to the Luang Prabang on a late night bus and had a hard time locating the Guesthouse. It stays in a small street right beside the National Museum. My Lao Home has totally 3 guesthouses, two of them offer dorm rooms. It is a must that you look carefully at the address (which Ban?) and locate it in advance or you will find yourself walking to this one and then pointed to the other.
After 5 minutes waiting for the receptionist making phone calls (because they couldn't find our Agoda bookings - they are not very used to booking through Agoda in small hostels), we were taken to our room and told that there was only 1 bed left (and we booked for 2). We agreed that we would share the bed left coz its already very late at night. The room was very small with only 2 beds, one was already occupied by a Chinese guy. The bed was ok, but the frame was very shaky. THe ceiling was not high enough for a dorm room.
The toilet and the bathroom were small and not very clean like they don't take enough care.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends