“Brilliant!”

Garden of Eden Shop
Ranked #7 of 23 Shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Owner description: Make Your Own jewelry. Free Jewelry Making Class, learn how to stitch, weave, embroidery and more techniques,relaxed atmosphere in the garden, that are sure to provide any participant with a unique experience Kop Jai!!!
Newbridge, Ireland
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent the whole afternoon at Garden of eden yesterday. He made a small bracelet while I chose to make a ring. This proved quite difficult as my crochet skills are non existent but Nick was very patient and helped me for almost 2 hours to make sure I had a beautiful piece to take home. We were there quite late in the afternoon and Nick, her husband and their friend offered us dinner. It was so nice to sit and chat with them, they are lovely people with excellent English. Very enjoyable afternoon, I bought some beautiful earrings there too-all handmade and unique. Go go go!!! Thank you Nick. :-)

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing and Memorable”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I am so happy with my experience at Garden of Eden. My sister and I spent the afternoon crafting with Nick, and we not only have beautiful jewelry to take home with us, we also had the opportunity to chat with Nick. She is an outstanding instructor, and was a pleasure to hang out with during the session. If you're looking for a repose from the heat, the chance to meet locals, and to learn about Laotian arts - go to Garden of Eden!

Oxford, United Kingdom
“INCREDIBLE”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

me and my friend saw this place advertised on the back of a toilet door and decided to get some bikes and head down! We arrived at a gorgeous little shop full of handmade jewellery to buy or just use as inspiration! I choose a necklace I liked and used the idea to make my own as a present for someone back in the uk! The time attention and patience they gave to us was amazing. We ended up spending a whole day in the jewellery making class and she helped me design some matching earrings to go with the necklace. The setting is a beautiful wooden terrace and gorgeous green back drop! The whole snipe was made by the family above there home. One of my favourite days in Laos! I MUST go!! Oh and there's a nice place to have lunch next door or buy some refreshments from while you make your masterpiece!

Visited March 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“jewelry class”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we crossed the bridge after we saw a small sign about the shop and we wanted to see what is about. there we met Nik, a young and friendly girl with excellent English. she told us that the class is free and we have to pay only for the materials. it took a while till we decided what we want to make but Nik was there to guide us through. we started working and each of us got Nik's full attention and creative input that helped us reach the desired outcome.
It was really satisfying to create something of our own (whether it was of our own idea or based on something in Nik's shop) in a reasonable price, and of course accompanied by the wonderful Nik!
if you would like to arrange in advance you can send an email - nicklpb@ymail.com or call 071410456

Visited February 2014
1 Thank adtravler
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A hidden gem- literally- an afternoon of delight”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stumbled upon this place when a tuk tuk driver dropped me off by Dyen Sabia. I was wanting to visit somewhere "authentic" and was thinking of walking 2km to the weaving village on the east side of town, south side of the river.

But the sign for jewelery making classes caught my eye and I also liked how this place was sort of carved out of the scenery. We looked around and spoke to the husband who was staffing the store. He called his wife, Nic- who had been out doing errands.

When she arrived she took us on the back balcony and we had already selected what pieces we wanted to make. It took longer than we envisioned, as I had a hard time getting the hang of crocheting, but she was VERY patient. We were there for probably 2 hours and got to meet their friends.

I ended up buying the piece I liked, and making a donation for the piece I made (she had invested quite a bit of time into helping us). Nic speaks excellent English, and even with a US accent when she does so, which was helpful as we don't speak Laotian. She told us a bit about how her and her husband got the store started and how they live underneath (the store being the top floor).

When we left, we commented that we felt like we got to enter the home and life of a typical citizen in LP and how wonderful it was. This place is a bit hidden (across the bridge) and so it probably doesn't get as much foot traffic as it deserves. So you will need to make a point of going in their, but if you enjoy crafts and supporting the local artists- it is more than worth your time. This store and people deserve your support.

Visited March 2014