“Worth the Visit”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Worth the Visit”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Beautiful set of falls, fast moving in the rainy season. Worth the time and hike to visit. Pack in some water with you.

Visited August 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Pretty but busy ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We came here as part of Elephant Village tour (rather than coming on our own accord)... Was pretty and nice, but quite busy - in low season too - worth an hour or two, I'm glad we fitted it in as part of another tour anyway. I much preferred Kuang Si Falls as it was impressive and the area more relax.

Cincinnati, Ohio
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Beautiful in August”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Visited Tad Sae today and they were beautiful! My hotel manager told me it's only really nice in the rainy season because there isn't much water in dry season. Lucky for me it's rainy season and there was plenty of water! I really enjoyed these falls - as much or more than Kuang si. These falls are not as high as Kuang si, but wider and very pretty with the water flowing over boulders and through trees.
I hiked up the right side as well. If you take the path through the jungle after the wood plank path ends you come to another big pretty set of falls. There was no one else on the trail when i went, but did pass one group of 4 and 1 solo woman on way back. At those falls there is also a path up to the right up a lot of stairs - not sure where it goes as I decided not to follow since I wasn't sure. The path was muddy and slippery in August so I would recommend proper footwear - ie not flip flops/thong sandals.
I took a tuk tuk from my hotel in town and it took about 30-35 min to the small village where you take the 5 min long tail boat ride down the mekong to the falls entrance. It's very pretty out there. The boat is 10,000 kip round trip. Falls entrance fee is 15,000 kip and my tuk tuk was 180,000 kip round trip. Well worth it!
The natural pool there for swimming looked great and a lot of people were enjoying it. There were clean toilets and changing facilities as well as places for lunch or snacks. There are elephant rides and ziplines, which I didn't try. I felt sorry for the elephants as I don't think they like going under the water and they're made to so that repeatedly so the users get dunked. I hope one day they end the elephant rides here :(

3 Thank Luv2Travel484
Melbourne, Australia
513 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 356 helpful votes
“Beautiful with option to ride Elephants”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Truly beautiful location with its clear blue ponds filled with lots of small waterfalls. There are kiosks to buy lunch or snacks and also a ropes course (cost).
You can also pay and ride on the back of Elephants

Visited July 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nature at it best when the water flows”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were there in late Sep 2012 about 3 weeks after the Mekong had flooded the low line town North of Luang Prabang. So there were lots of water :-)
Tad Sae Waterfall is fed by 3 streams further up the mountains the water is fresh clean and tasted of mineral water unfiltered.
Great pool to swim in, enjoying a 30 minutes Elephant ride about US$5, hiking track to the springs is about 3 hours. Worth checking it out if you are in the area around Aug-Oct to see the water after the wet season.
To get a tour guide or hire car/taxi day trip then a small canoe up stream.

Visited September 2013