Not at all sure that this qualifies as five star except in one respect - the prices. Whilst I have no real
problems with the hotel as such the quality is most definitely not 5 *. The rooms are a bit worn, the acoustics from the bathroom are off putting as is the opening into the bedroom, the lack of a separate shower is not good - I have a bad back and stepping in and out of the bath is problematic. The beds are rock hard although the hotel provided two soft covers which helped. The prices in the restaurant are European city centre prices as are the drinks. If the food was Michelin starred I could just about understand it but it most definitely is not - average at best is how I would describe it. The commercial logic of this escapes me - unsurprisingly the restaurant was completely empty when we were there despite the hotel being full. Crazy?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned atop a hill, gazing across the sacred mountains, Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao is an unforgettable place to stay. Its calm, tranquil ambiance echoes that of sleepy World Heritage town of Luang Prabang - former royal capital of Laos - spread out below. Designed in a traditional style, this intimate hotel is gemmed with teak, silk and fresh cotton accents. The hotel's Phou Savanh restaurant is famed for its wonderful French-influenced local cuisine while Doc Champa bar offers guests a range of Laotian and classic cocktails. The award-winning Mekong Spa blends ancient techniques with modern understanding to ensure complete indulgence and well-being and is the first luxury spa in Luang Prabang, Laos. Furthermore the hotel offers a gym, boutique, tours & excursion desk, meeting room and organic garden with cooking class area. The hotel's 34 suites are elegantly furnished with emphasis on local styles and materials. The combination of parquet and traditional Lao textiles creates an immediate sense of peace and space in all suites. Large windows provide plenty of natural light and open onto the exotic gardens. A conveniently arranged terrace offers privacy, comfort and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond La Residence Phou Vao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Phou Vao By Orient-Express Hotel Luang Prabang
- La Residence Phou Vao Hotel
- La Residence Phou Vao Resort