We booked a Mountain and Pool View Room and when we walked in we had a beautiful view of the mountains and a temple off in the distance. The bed (with mosquito netting) had flower petals all over it and there were even flower petals in the toilet. The room had a beautiful terrace with 2 beds. The service was outstanding, food was great and the bar was a wonderful place to start the evening. We had a couple's massage ($110/90 minutes) and it was so romantic and relaxing. It was wonderful to come back from dinner and find the mosquito netting over the bed and a plate of Macroons to snack on. The bathroom was huge, clean and well appointed. The staff were so friendly and they always took us into town whenever we asked. Luang Prabang is such a beautiful and yet undiscovered place and I can't wait to go back. The only other hotel that I think compares to this one is the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai, Thailand. If you do come to this part of the world, please stay here. It fills early so you'll need to book at least 6 months in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned atop a hill, gazing across the sacred mountains, Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao is an unforgettable place to stay. Its calm, tranquil ambiance echoes that of sleepy World Heritage town of Luang Prabang - former royal capital of Laos - spread out below. Designed in a traditional style, this intimate hotel is gemmed with teak, silk and fresh cotton accents. The hotel's Phou Savanh restaurant is famed for its wonderful French-influenced local cuisine while Doc Champa bar offers guests a range of Laotian and classic cocktails. The award-winning Mekong Spa blends ancient techniques with modern understanding to ensure complete indulgence and well-being and is the first luxury spa in Luang Prabang, Laos. Furthermore the hotel offers a gym, boutique, tours & excursion desk, meeting room and organic garden with cooking class area. The hotel's 34 suites are elegantly furnished with emphasis on local styles and materials. The combination of parquet and traditional Lao textiles creates an immediate sense of peace and space in all suites. Large windows provide plenty of natural light and open onto the exotic gardens. A conveniently arranged terrace offers privacy, comfort and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond La Residence Phou Vao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Phou Vao By Orient-Express Hotel Luang Prabang
- La Residence Phou Vao Hotel
- La Residence Phou Vao Resort