Beautiful and exquisitely appointed property. Large and warmly decorated rooms. Well manicured grounds. However, the service provided just isn't what I have come to know as the standard for a Relais & Chateaux. The staff are lovely but they do not speak English for the most part (yes, I know I am in Lao) and it makes it very difficult to score points for service when simple requests are not understood -- at all. The manager and the restaurant supervisor are working to address a recognized gap and were very helpful in doing the extra to make our experience pleasant (much appreciated) but the staffing issues do need to be addressed to meet the expectations for a Relais & Chateaux and the price that goes along with that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang