In India, several cities host hotels which were created from palaces belonging to the erstwhile maharajahs. I was surprised to learn that the Satri House hotel in Luang Prabang was once the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. The house was built over a hundred years ago and now has been refurbished to be run as a small hotel. The hotel has added some more rooms to match the earlier architecture. The entire hotel is well appointed with some exquisite art in the form of sculptures or paintings displayed at vantage points. Though a small hotel, it features two pools. The entire hotel is set amidst landscaped gardens giving it a feel of royalty. The location is in the heart of the city. The hotel offers free Internet access, free parking and free breakfast. The food served is excellent Laotian cuisine as well as Western cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang