My friend and I have just had five fabulous days in Luang Prabang, Satri house was just perfect the hotel is just stunning mixing old charm with beautiful gardens and is just so peaceful. We had a room near the small pool on the ground floor which was very comfortable and well serviced with a lovely large bathroom. All the staff were so helpful and polite,nothing was too much trouble and everyone took time to talk to us each day. We felt very welcome and at home there. We used the spa which was very relaxing and the restaurant, where the food was amazing, but more expensive than the good places in the town and very quiet.
If you want peace and quiet and the bonus of being able to walk or jump in a tuk tuk for the short ride into town then this hotel is ideal.It doesn't have super modern bathrooms and shiny TV,s or an expansive breakfast buffet with endless services. However it has wonderful staff with great service in a beautifully decorated boutique environment that more than exceeded our expectations. I know what I prefer and we will be back because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang