We stayed at the Apsara over Chinese New Year and loved it. I must say that the photos don't do it justice. I was pleasantly surprised by our room which was a downstairs standard room. As a lot of the reviews mention already - the bed was amazing! The bathroom was also really great.
The staff were lovely and attentive. It was the kind of place where you could just sit around the lobby or balcony reading a book all day long. The breakfasts were excellent and I love that they were served until midday. We also had a very nice dinner at the hotel sitting by the riverside. Try the fish for two!
I also really liked the location on the Nam Khan river. It was much nicer than the Mekong river side of town.
Our room was really great value for money and I have very few complaints, but if I were to critique the hotel I would say:
1. Being on street level we couldn't really open our doors and windows as there was no privacy, so the room was fairly dark. It was also quite noisy during the day, but it was quiet at night.
2. There was no swimming pool, but we knew this before we booked. It would have been nice to have a pool, especially as Luang Prabang is a quiet, sleepy town conducive to relaxing. One day my boyfriend and I went rented bicycles and rode to the pool at the Kiridara hotel, which is open to the public for $5. I would definitely recommend doing this. We were thinking about staying at the Kiridara, but having seen the rooms, we were very glad we chose the Apsara instead. The Kiridara was nice, but it definitely wasn't worth the price - it was almost 3 times the price of the Apsara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang