We stayed three nights in the hotel in Jan, 2014. The hotel has an excellent location and friendly staff.
But the problem are downstairs rooms . Both of our rooms are adjacent to hotel's restaurant, there is a table at the side of the window's room! So it's possible to imagine the noise in the night, when you're back to hotel and want to rest!
Another problem is hot water! You have to wait a considerable time for heating the water and sometimes (twice in three days) we could not have a shower when we desire, we have to do it late in the night.
The breakfast would be more generous, small and limited portions, the same every day (exceptions are fruits and jam - change a little).
And take care with check out, out landry was overcharged and some food and drink expenses of another rooms charged. This was promptly corrected when we complained, I have to say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang