We spent four nights at the Apsara in Jan 2007 and simply can't wait to return. We booked a downstairs deluxe room and loved the convenience of having a balcony that fronted right on to the street and river opposite. It also meant we were right next to the restuarant & bar any time we wanted something. I loved their "can do" attitude. If guests want a G&T on their balcony, it's absolutely no trouble at all. Service was always friendly and never obtrusive. As a same-sex couple we had absolutely no discomfort staying here (apart from some American guests...but that's their issue to deal with...).
Our room was beautifully and tastefully furnished and kept spotlessly clean by housekeeping. The bathroom was large - perhaps the only small gripes being that the bath is high so despite being fit and young it was an adventure stepping in an out. by design, there is no shower curtain meaning that the floor got wet. Also, while there is sop in the room, no shampo or other amenities were provided.
These really are the only tiny things I could find at the Apsara that weren't entirely positive. Dinner was a great experience - though be warned, servings are enormous!! We loved the simplicity of the continental breakfast - especially the homemade preserves and the delicious fresh baguettes.
I can't wait to return to Luang Prabang, and I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere other than the Apsara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang