Although this hotel was a bit out of my budget, I thought it was worth every extra kip (Lao currency). The location is superb - a quiet area along the river near the old city center. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. But above all else, I was overwhelmed by the gracious hospitality of the staff. Traveling alone on my birthday, two of the hotel staff actually took me out to dinner, and one asked me to join his family for the annual boat races in a nearby village. It was one of my most-memorable birthdays ever! Please do consider this place if your budget will allow. You won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang