“Friendly and very helpful!! Our new family in Luang Prabang!”
Review of Apple Guesthouse

Apple Guesthouse
Ranked #12 of 261 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Christmas Island, Australia
“Friendly and very helpful!! Our new family in Luang Prabang!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed in the apple guest house for 11 days, and we loved every minute of it. They always say the people make a country worthy of visiting, this is why Loas is one of my favourite place to travel. Jimmy, his wife, and the other staff were very helpful and always had a smile on their faces. After 2 days of the stay my girlfriend started to feel unwell. Luckily Jimmy took a lot of time out of his day and took myself and my girlfriend to the hospital. We were so grateful that we found this very welcoming and friendly guest house. It is in a great location and also is very clean. We would recommend it to any one visiting Luang Prabang! Thank u so much Jimmy! And hope u enjoyed your wine!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Ryno,

Thank you so much for your FABULOUS review that you have given to an Apple Guesthouse, on be half of Guesthouse we truly appreciate every moment of your time and your effort that you put toward this review.

Ryno, My wife and I are really really happy to see your REMARKABLE comment that you have given to Apple Guesthouse on the TripAdvisor. We are glad to have an opportunity to take care of an extraordinary people like YOU.

For taking your lovely girlfriend to the hospital that is my first priority as the guesthouse operator. Ryno "No worry" ok, it is my pleasure to do that, It is also my principle to help someone who needs.
My wife, staffs and I enjoyed your Lao traditional foods such as "Streamed chicken with Banana leafs and Maipo Red Wine etc." that you bought for us.

THANK YOU again for your generality and friendliness while you were staying with us. We all feel that, you both are Apple Guesthouse's family members. However by any chance that you come to Laos again please visiting us in Luang prabang. We will sit and drink Beer Lao with sticky rice and BBQ chicken together at a lovely cafe along Mekong River.

I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to see you again in the near future.
Look forwards to hearing from you soon Ryno " KEEP IN TOUCH"

Best Regards
Jimmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 November 2013

After staying somewhere else, my girlfriend and I stumbled across Apple Guest House in a quiet street extremely close to the Mekong River. The place was quiet and clean, the people were friendly and spoke great English, and it was a great value (especially in an upmarket area). I loved being so close to the Mekong and being in the middle of the historic district of Luang Prabang. We felt wel taken care of in this cheerful and friendly guest house.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe H
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Joe H,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review that you have given Apple Guesthouse.
I, Jimmy as the owner of Apple Guesthouse appreciate your time and your effort that you put toward this review. I also would like to say “BIG THANK YOU” that you have scarified your valuable time and knowledge teaching me about computer while you were at the Guesthouse. Moreover, I admire your knowledge, your friendliness and your kindness that you have shown me I also appreciate that and I am very glad to have an opportunity to meet such a wonderful people like you. “You & Your girlfriend are awesome couple”

I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Look forwards to hearing from you soon

Lille, France
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Jimmy and his wife will welcome you in their wonderful brand new guesthouse. Ideally located, very quiet and sparkling, we recommand the view from the balcony on the little pedestrian street. We make a round the world travel and this is probably the best accomodation we had. Price is the best for value in town. Moreover it is close from restaurants, temples, markets and from Mekong riverside. It deserves 3 stars.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Steph,

Thank you so much for your excellent review that you have given Apple Guesthouse, on be half of Apple Guesthouse WE appreciate your time and your effort that you put toward this review. And also, I am very glad to hear that you and your family have god time while you were staying at the guesthouse. I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Look forwards to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here five nights and liked it a lot! Location is central but still quiet in a nice alley. The owner couple is great and really friendly. There is also a nice balcony with free coffee and tea! Price is cheap for that quality.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Tanjasai,

On be half of Apple Guesthouse, I would like to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH" for your review. We all appreciate what you have rated for us. We are sorry if we have done not good enough for you while you were staying with us, we hope to do more for your next return and would improve all the weak points those indicating at the guesthouse. All over all, we are very happy for your review.

Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at Apple Guest House for about a week in October 2013. The place had just reopened, so all the rooms were new, spacious and clean, and really good value!
It's located in the old town, just meters from the Mekong. Great location with lots of good riverside restaurants nearby, and just one block from the main street.
Jimmy, the owner is really friendly and helpful, and speaks perfect english. I felt very welcome in this place, and it will be my number one choice when I return to Luang Prabang.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Vegar,

Thank you so much for your excellent review that you have given Apple Guesthouse, on be half of Apple Guesthouse I appreciate every minute of your time and your effort that you put toward this review.
Vegar, My wife and I are really really happy to see your fabulous comment on the TripAdvisor and we are glad to hear that you had good time while you were staying at the guesthouse. I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to see you again in the future.

Look forwards to hearing from you soon Vegar " miss you my friend"

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a lovely looking guesthouse with a great location but it is definitely more expensive than it should be.

Our double room was tiny, the water shut off for much of one day and the cable tv kept malfunctioning (when you are paying for such things it is nice to have them work). Although they were willing to give us a small discount for these troubles. The beds were not comfortable.

We had wanted to book some tours and a bus onward through the guesthouse. The staff were indeed very friendly and tried to be helpful but they didn't speak english very well so we decided to wait to discuss it with the owner. We ended up waiting three days because every time we asked for him, he was out on some errand or away for the day.

Also, for what we were paying, we would expect our room to be made up daily, our bathroom cleaned and the garbage taken out, but this was not the case. We had to ask for more toilet paper when it ran out and for the garbage to be delt with (considering what goes in bathroom bin this was quite gross). By the end of our 5 night stay there was mold accumulating in the bathroom sink.

The general sentiment is in the title of this review. The place looks lovely and charming but looks aren't everything. There are much better values out there.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice looking with windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelcie Y
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Kelcie Y,

First of all, I would like to say Thank you for your review that you given to Chanthanome Guesthouse. Kelcie, I totally understand your frustration and stressful feeling when you need information but you could not get it right away.

Anyway, Luang Prabang has no Chanthanome Guesthouse that you have stayed anymore. I, Jimmy have bought that guesthouse and changed the name to Apple Guesthouse so i'm a new owner and manager. I have done major renovation and built 3 more rooms and improved most of facility in the guesthouse. Even though internet, i have upgraded to high speed internet and add more router into the building so you can surf internet inside the bedrooms and anywhere around the building I also purchased LED TVs for every room upstair and changing new beds for some room etc. I am sure it will be better than previous owner managing the guesthouse you stayed last time. I have heard a previous owner could not speak any English.

By any chance you come to Luang Prabang please come to say hello. My name is Jimmy, I am an owner/manger of Apple Guesthouse. I have graduated University degree from Thailand so I could speak English quite ok "no worry" I can have a conversation with you when you come to visit me next time. I will try to answer any questions you would like to ask as much as i can.
Apple Guesthouse was born in 25/08/2013, now it fully open for tourist who come to visit Luang Prabang. The door of the guesthouse is opened for everyone please come and stay with us.

Look forwards to meeting you in the near future

Best Regards