We stayed in Lao Spirit Resort from 31 July - 4 August 2014. If you love nature, rest and relaxation, this is the place to be in Luang Prabang! We had a wonderful stay here and I would definitely go back to get Zen.
What you can expect:
- Very friendly hosts and staff.
- Good food at the restaurant.
- Plenty of opportunities to do local jungle, mountain and village trekkings, kayaking, mountain-biking, elephant riding, etc.
- Nature all around, this also means plenty of bugs so you are best advised to use the mosquito net at night.
- Lovely spacious huts with comfortable beds and a great bathroom with bath and open-air shower.
- About a 20-30 minute drive to Luang Prabang village at a cost of around 20 - 25 USD for one-way trip.
- During our stay Wifi was only available at the restaurant, possible the coverage will be extended to the huts but it is to be seen in the future whether they will push ahead with this.
- During our stay we did not have air-conditioning in our hut, there were only fans. It may be that other huts do have aircon but this is something you want to check with the resort.
- It’s a great place for nature and outdoors-oriented families but do not expect things like a playground or swimming pool at the resort itself, it’s not (yet) there (with the exception of a “jeux de boules” stretch and a fire place :). For this you have to walk to the elephant village at 10 minutes walk.
- Power outages do rarely occur so you might wanna bring a flashlight.
Our overall assessment is that this is a resort that offers good value for money and positively distinguishes itself from the accommodations in Luang Prabang village. Magnificent when you are looking for an idyllic place in nature with a fine level of comfort and exposure to the beautiful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is located 15 km outside of Luang Prabang city in beautiful jungle area. We offer 5 beautiful styled Bungalows with a large terrace and an appr. size of 45 square meters space. The bungalows are built in a traditional style from local craftsman and artists. Materials of wood, stone and an interior of antique furniture give each bungalow a unique atmosphere. There are no electric appliances like aircon and TV which may disturb the laid back atmosphere of the resort. Bathrooms with tub, open air shower and a big terrace facing the river offer peace and relaxation to the guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lao Spirit Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lao Spirit Hotel Luang Prabang
- Hotel Lao Spirit