I chose this accommodation for relaxation and peace. Instead;
- I had to endure 6 days of foul language and relentless screaming & arguing between the manager (Ms May?) & the owner (Graham Madge).
- Had to move rooms because the ceiling leaked over atleast half of the room.
- Woke up to a huge rat close by my head, gecko defacation and parts of the ceiling continually falling into the bathroom sink.
- On the sixth day having politely and calmly brought all of this to the attention of the manager, she lost complete control and started swearing at me, repeatedly using the "F" word.
- When I advised her I was leaving and I would like a refund for the final two nights I had prepaid for (I made the mistake of pre paying for 8 nights), she point blank refused and continued screaming that arguments between her & her boss were none of my business. I disagree. If a paying customer is made to feel uncomfortable so as to stay away from the property until as late in the evening as possible, I'm afraid this is my business.
- She proceeded to tell me about her sexual relations with 'the boss' and that she was not just an employee but also a partner. Even though I told her this was no business of mine and irrelevant she continued to repeat this using profane language. It was evident that she thought this gave her more authority & therefore she could say what she liked to me.
- The manager shouted there was nothing I could do to harm her business, she knew what my email address was and that she would be watching for any negative reviews in my name.
- She then said that the Police were looking for me and immigration would be waiting at the airport.
- There is no menu on offer even though a restaurant is advertised and there is certainly no pool or wifi.
- The whole complex is in terrible disrepair which the owner told me was due to the business being in financial crisis and him having no money to fix anything.
I spend a huge part of my life travelling. I am well accustomed to ants cockroaches, huge geckos and nocturnal noises all of which you certainly get at this place. These are to be expected from this type of accommodation and are not complaint worthy in my opinion. However, having travelled to over 40 countries and staying in all manner of accommodation, never have I been verbally abused, threatened or intimidated in this way nor have I ever written a negative review before.
I am a qualified barrister & solicitor with extensive experience in recognising psychological & social issues and it was clear from what I observed in my stay here that the manager is not able to deal with any form of criticism and is completely delusional & irrational. For this reason I feel compelled to write this review.
Before you make your own decision check reviews for Nam Songsai Eco Lodge (they have recently changed the name of this business, probably because Mrs Madge (who sounds lovely) is no longer involved with the running of this business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear customer: Nam Song Sai EcoLodge former Namkhan Villas Resort is situated on the banks of the Nam Khan River close to the airport and city centre we have a selection of traditional Laotian village houses for our accommodation all rooms have river view balconies and en suite bathrooms we have a restaurant serving a selection of Lao and European food the houses are set in a natural native jungle setting. Dome and stay here with us; just pay for the room, we provide free bicycle along your staying here, free herb drinks from our herb garden, free booklet and more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Nam Khan Hotel
- Nam Khan Resort