Satri House(Luang Prabang)
US$117
US$246
US$98
US$224
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$145
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$127
US$99
US$115
US$56
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

US$138
US$132
Priceline
US$460
1,073 results
All reviewsthong bayriver view bungalowthe riverfree shuttletuk tukriverside bungalowseach morningbreakfast deliveredkaraoke barfamily bungalowin townwooden bungalowsthe nam khan riverregular shuttlebeautiful gardenshuttle servicehomemade yogurt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had 3 great nights at thongbay. Great staff, real family feeling and quiet and beautifully positioned on the river. I loved the gardens. The cabins are neat and work well. Transport to the city centre was convenient. We walked sometimes and that was not too difficult. It is out of the main centre so there are advantages and disadvantages of that. We had pre planned a move to another hotel for our final 2 nights in the city as it had a pool. We were very sad to leave Thongbay.

Room Tip: River view cabins
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We stayed in a lovely, rustic bungalow surrounded by beautiful gardens, a few steps away from the Mekong River. The staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and warm. Breakfast was delicious, and could be enjoyed in our room or on a deck overlooking the river. The setting was quiet, and relaxed, outside of the town center, and a convenient shuttle made it easy to get to and from the central area. After traveling for 6 weeks in SE Asia, Thongbay Guesthouse was our favorite lodging experience.

Room Tip: We were happy with our garden view. The river view would have been nice as well.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We went during the Laos new year for a brief 4 days holiday. We wish it could be longer. It's my second time in Luang Prabang and my husband's first. The place is an eden garden on earth. Wake up to a lovely choice of breakfast which you preorder the night before. It can be all set for you to wake up to on your lodge veranda over looking a river, in the garden or at the river view dining area. The staff were super friendly and helpful and they also invited us to join in with their new year celebration which made it extra special as we really felt part of the "family feel" to the whole place. Since I love orchids they even gave me a small cutting of their orchid which is indicative of Laos. It is not central but we liked it for this as it was very noisy in town with all the late celebration. We would love to go back there and it would be our first choice of stay if we visit Luang Prabang again. Decently priced for what you get at this place. Highly recommend this haven, you will love it and feel refreshed after staying here!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the lodge with river view! You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

...Because Thongbay is going to be my choice every time I stay in Luang Prabang. It was for my husband’s birthday and since we’ve always booked very affordable budget places I wanted to book somewhere a bit more special. We’re both nature lovers and love to stay in the jungle, by the river or by the sea. Usually these kind of places are pretty expensive. So I was quite surprised to see that Thongbay offered such a high standard of accommodation for the price. I booked via Agoda but it’s pretty much the same on all booking websites.

I ordered a birthday cake to surprise my husband when we arrived and Wan and family did a great job ordering a very cute cake and greeted my husband with a birthday song. We immediately felt like we came “home” to family. The staff all treated us like family. It was just like staying at a relative’s house. We kept our personal belongings in the safe behind the office and I totally trusted them to take care of our things which they did. Also we booked a motorbike rental through them which made it easier for us, as they kept our passport instead of the rental company. Also they took care of all our complaints instead of having to deal with the company ourself.

Thongbay is in fact a beautiful garden! I just couldn’t stop taking pictures of every plant. All beautifully take care of. Hats off to their gardener. I love the huge geckos and the sound they make. I just felt one with nature! We booked into the river view bungalow and I’m so glad we did! We sat in the balcony watching the river and fishermen and dogs playing the water. Basically watching a wonderful simple world which is better than watching tv! I read my book on the balcony and also did my morning yoga every day with such an amazing view. There is also a lounge by th river that you can choose to relax on too.

Our breakfast was served on the dot every morning on our balcony! Even 5 star hotels don’t offer this as a regular thing! We were so pampered! And the breakfast was so good! Perfectly cooked eggs and fresh baguette every morning. There is also a choice of muesli and Asian soup noodles too. We just writ our choice and time every night on the board at the reception. I also tried the restaurant at lunch time and it was good! So you don’t really need to leave this place and just be utterly relaxed. When you need to travel to town, just hop on the free shuttle that is provided. There is a timetable for this service.

We promised Thongbay we will return and we will one day! Really can’t wait, thank you Wan and the wonderful team at Thongbay for taking care of us so well. See you soon!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is about 10 minutes from main city hotel free transfer from airport . All staff very good , small breakfast but ok for us , room is big with river view , I recommend this hotel if you want relax

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends