“Good stay at luang prabang”
Review of Khem Khong

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luang Prabang
Khem Khong
Ranked #30 of 259 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Good stay at luang prabang”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I had a good time while I stayed at view them khong. On the good side, the owner is super friendly and will help you with anything you may need, prices are affordable, the location is great (right in front of the Mekong river and just a few blocks away from the main action) and the restaurant is good and has great prices. On the down side, the room was really small (standard room with ac), there was no TV, no safety deposit box, and there was no separation between the shower and the toilet, so once you took a shower the floor of the whole bathroom will be wet for quite a while. Weight pros and cons and take your own decision, all in all I enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a few days. It was the beginning of cold season. We paid 70,000 kip for a fan room, no air-con but the weather was cool enough at that time. Room was a bit small but clean and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and had hot shower. The staffs were friendly and helpful. Location is great, choices of eateries right in front of the guesthouse, at the riverside. Bicycle rental is just a few houses away. Boats to Pak Ou cave was also close. Downtown area is in walking distance. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is an 11 room guesthouse set right across the street from the beautiful Mekong (aka Khem Khong in Lao). There is one larger room (overlooking the street and with a glimpse of the river) but the other 10 rooms are small. The small rooms have enough room for your suitcase/backback; the a/c works well; the bathroom/shower is nice; the bed is comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious as is all the food at the restaurant. The best part about the place, however, are the owner and staff.

The owner is super sweet and the manager (Eric) is French and one of the nicest guys imaginable. It seems as though he would do ANYTHING for his guests. While we stayed there he even took one of the guests to the hospital and looked after her. Super guy!

The location of the hotel couldn't be better (on the river, close to the main street, close to many restaurants, etc).

Don't miss going to the waterfalls! Eric can set up the trip for you--in a van instead of a tuk-tuk (which is MUCH better for the long drive). The price is very reasonable. Definitely go!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BJ G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have been traveling a lot and this is the best place I have stayed . So welcoming and friendly the staff can't do enough and the owner will bend over back wards to help and advise you in anyway . When I arrived at the guest house I was quite ill . I spent a day in a my room being sick and the the owner and his staff were always checking up on me bringing me water offering to take me the doctors . Anything I needed it wasn't to much to ask. I am traveling alone and do not know what I would have done with out them . The restaurant is over looking the river and has amazing food and such lovely staff. I highly recommend this guest house to anyone going to Laos . I will definitely be going back !

• Stayed April 2014
New york
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

So glad I stayed here. The owner Eric was such a nice guy; helpful and knowledgable. Speaks french and english perfectly. Went out of his way to find a few people staying in the hotel, introduce us, and organize a trip to the waterfalls. The location was perfect especially for the price.

Stayed loger than I had planned and will stay here again next time for sure.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

In contrast to another guest house that I stayed in the previous weekend, the staff here, particularly the French manager (Eric?) could not have been more helpful. I would have given it 5 stars but for the rather small rooms (I had both a twin and upstairs double room), and also the fact that most of the time the staff are running a restaurant across the road. This is not a bad place to have a coffee or a meal but there is not much going on socially in the building itself and only a small reception area with free water.
However, the manager let me borrow a bike for free for half a day to cycle around the city and it was very useful. He is a mine of information as well about things to do
Be careful of catching a tuk-tuk from the bus station as the hotel's name (View Khemkong) means Mekong river in Lao, so the driver will probably drop you off at the night market/main street and go no further, pointing towards the riverside. The guest house is some distance to walk. The attitude of the tuk-tuk drivers and their charging needs to be addressed, it's the worst thing about the city

Room Tip: I think airconditioning is an optional extra for more money, my room had a unit but no control. THe...