“Verry good food”

Salt 'n' Pepper
Belgium
“Verry good food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the food at salt & pepper I went back three times because it was that good defenly a place I could recommend

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Food, but waiting staff still learning”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Positives
Price and Food quality - great dishes where served up. The Noodles with vegetables and chicken had more vegetables than anywhere else in last 4 weeks in Asia - and still lots of chicken.
Brilliant Mango smoothies
Great large fan blowing on humid night

Areas that stopped a higher rating
Waiter trouble with english so order incorrectly taken and unable to engage with customers when ordering

“Very cheating”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our last day at luang prabang. Me and my husband had accidently walked pass to salt and peper restaurant as we saw the price from outside it looked alright and reasonable.at the end the bill come up at 75,000 kip.1) stir fry chicken with basil leaf=15,000
2) stir fry chicken with ginger =15,000
3) noodle soup with chicken lao style=15,000
4) mango juice =15,000
5) coke also15,000
When I saw the bill I was surprise that the food an drink is the same price. I didn't bother to ask them back for the menu As I think it's ok if they wanna charge a bit more. Then I pay by 1,000 bath which I calculated it about 300 bath if u divide by 250 kip which everywhere were using this exchange rate.after I got my change back I was a bit confusing that they gave us change only 165,000 kip instead of 175,000 and answer that this restaurant use 1 bath for 240 kip exchange rate. I think that so doggy anyway no point to argue but I just wanna share my bad experience to another people that should be aware of.

1 Thank CKchuti
“Great local food at nice price”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Looking for Khaosi (local noodle), we went there on July. Khamsoi was really tasty and just 15k kip! They serve both Lao food and some of western food.

Atomosohere in the restaurant is good and very calm place. I will visit here again!

“Good and not so good”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went there after reading reviews. Had a very good Bbq duck with a lovely Tamarind sauce. Service was good and waiters friendly.A few negatives.....I think 8000 kip is expensive for a small bottle of water. Normally about 3000. I also don't like restaurants that allow patrons to bring in their pets. Two expats came with 2 large dogs. Even though they were on leashes and well behaved (the dogs and owners) this is just my personal feelings. Also a cat walked in with a rat in its mouth and proceeded to eat next to my table. This is not the restaurant's fault but the staff could have chased it away instead of just watching it. Don't let this put you off as the food was good but a little more than you could pay elsewhere in this lovely city.