Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel
Hotels.com
The Apsara(Luang Prabang)
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Santi Resort & Spa(Luang Prabang)
US$74
US$69
US$130
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Lan Kham Riverside(Luang Prabang)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$24
Agoda.com
US$228
TripAdvisor
US$72
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslotus rootevery morningquiet streetbanana treeswhere breakfast is servedthe main streetlovely courtyardopen showertamarind jaminner courtyardmonks walkalms ceremonysticky ricenight marketalms givingexcellent breakfasttak bat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I loved Lotus Villa. The location is superb. When we arrived in Luang Prabang, we walked to the hotel from the slow boat pier site. We could also walk to the restaurants and sites and night market.
The breakfasts are devine. The best throughout our month of travelling. Cooked to order and so much choice. Breakfast is served until 11 which really suited us.
I stayed at the front of the hotel and watched the monks walk by early in the morning.
There is a fridge and good quality toiletries. You have to rent a padlock for the safe and the safe wasn't big enough for a large tablet so we left the tablet at reception. There isn't a pool.
So what makes this 5 stars? It's down to Evelyn and the rest of the staff. From the moment we were welcomed, I knew we were in good and safe hands. It is a smooth operation. They know what tourists require and they go out of their way to provide it. It was like a little, relaxing breathing space in the middle of our hectic holiday. They look after you and it feels really nice.
I also like their ethical attitudes and the way they do not mark up the cost of any taxi or tour.
I would certainly stay here if I am fortunate enough to be in Luang Prabang again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rare_Pearl
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at Villa Lotus in Frangipani room as a break from work in Vientiane. We were looking for a quaint hotel, good location and somewhere that was "Luang Prabang" and we found it. Evelyn, the manager, was excellent and all the staff were well-trained, attentive and genuinely warm. I have stayed at other Luang Prabang hotels at higher price points but I will return to Villa Lotus. Rooms are tropical style with beautiful touches, such as the central courtyard. The rooms are well thought out. The only thing I found lacking was the availability of face towels--handtowels being too large to shower with. We especially appreciated the cold water cooler in the lobby after long days of sightseeing and shopping. I look forward to future stays.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Enjoythe j
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Evelyn and her staff were so friendly, warm and hospitable! I loved everything about this hotel from the location, staff, rooms, the VERY comfortable bed, to the food, it was all fantastic! I really didn't want to leave. It enhanced our trip to Luang Prabang!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Johnnynuyorkr
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Evelyn and her staff made us feel right at home. The rooms were very clean and everyone was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The breakfast was yummy. Would definitely recommend!!!!! Would return!!!! Thanks so much!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wermuthp
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We thoroughly loved our stay at Lotus Villa. Our upstairs room overlooking the street was fantastic. Aside from the very comfortable room we could either sit on the balcony and watch life on the street or sit on the rear deck overlooking the courtyard area. An added bonus is the monks go right by each morning so no need to get out of your pj's! The breakfast provided was easily the best we encounted in staying at similar priced guest houses. The staff speak good English and are very helpful. Umbrellas are available free if rains threatens while going for a walk. Location is great and easy walk to all attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple