Stayed at the Lotus for a few nights to explore Luang Prabang and found it to be an excellent choice. Aside from the beautiful and cozy rooms, the courtyard is lovely for breakfast and the hotel's location central. The staff were also great. They were always very friendly and helpful. They even fulfilled a request from home to get my travel mate a bottle of wine for her birthday.
The only things I found a little weird at the Lotus was the lock and the shower. The locks don't necessarily lock unless you are in the room (They provide a safe in the room). Also, the shower is not in a separate room, but is separated slightly by a wall. I think it would have been helpful to have a curtain there.
Overall, an excellent choice and I'd be happy to recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the UNESCO precinct of Luang Prabang, Lotus Villa is an established boutique hotel with 15 tranquil rooms and 2 suites. Nestled amongst cafes, temples, restaurants and local life, you are part of the enchanting atmosphere of the UNESCO World Heritage precinct by simply stepping outside the doors of the hotel. Neither a standard hotel nor a guesthouse, we strive to bring you the perfect synergy of both. Ideally located in between the mighty Mekong and Namkhan Rivers, a short walk to the heritage listed temples Wat Nong and Wat Xieng Thong as well as the Royal Palace are surrounded the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Villa Laos Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Laos