A confession. According to my husband, my quest for the perfect holiday accom can verge on the obsessive. How to find charming, well located, authentic, charming staff, stylishly decorated, well priced accom - that no-one else has yet found?
We hit the jackpot with Lotus Villa (apart from the no-one else has found it bit).
We stayed for nearly a week in the Orchid Suite and it felt as comfortable as staying in a stylish friend's apartment. It is certainly large enough for four people, but we loved it for the two of us. We took the larger room as a treat for ourselves and we were thrilled we did.
We loved the attention to detail - fabulous fabrics, lovely artwork, gorgeous dark wood features, super comfy bed, divine large bath, spectacular shower with gorgeous tiles, books to read, computer to use, day bed to lie on, fruit, tea and coffee to enjoy.
One of our favourite times of the day was to get up at 6.30 and watch the monks' procession from the quiet of our own balcony. In fact we loved the balcony in the evening as well, when we sat with a chilled glass of wine and watched the street and local lane life unfold.
Breakfast delicious, staff charming and consistently helpful, courtyard inviting. We even enjoyed the company of other guests.
We also really liked the location - close enough to the action of the main street and restaurants and many of the wats, but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet.
Downside? ...I guess the inability to easily get out first thing in the morning without waking up the staff.......but, that was only a small thing and when we did it the first morning, he answered the door with a smile on his face.. The rest of the mornings we watched the procession from our own balcony so it didn't really matter.
Can't really think of anything else we didn't enjoy. All in all, fabulous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the UNESCO precinct of Luang Prabang, Lotus Villa is an established boutique hotel with 15 tranquil rooms and 2 suites. Nestled amongst cafes, temples, restaurants and local life, you are part of the enchanting atmosphere of the UNESCO World Heritage precinct by simply stepping outside the doors of the hotel. Neither a standard hotel nor a guesthouse, we strive to bring you the perfect synergy of both. Ideally located in between the mighty Mekong and Namkhan Rivers, a short walk to the heritage listed temples Wat Nong and Wat Xieng Thong as well as the Royal Palace are surrounded the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Villa Laos Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Laos