“Good Value, Great Location, Friendly Manager” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hamah
Riad Hotel
Nonthaburi, Thailand
“Good Value, Great Location, Friendly Manager”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Good Value, Great Location, Friendly Manager

Very good value for money. Location was great, close to downtown and norias of Hama (water wheels). The room was clean and the hotel had free Wi-Fi. I bought 2 one-day tours from the hotel and was pleased with their service and price. (One trip I went with a driver named "Abdul", he was nice and professional).

The hotel manager "Abduallah" was really a nice guy and was knowledgeable in Syrian tourist destinations. His friendly hospitality made me feel at home despite the fact that I was in Syria in May 2011 during Sryian uprising. I called him every time I was in trouble and He helped me a lot even when I had already left his hotel and was traveling in other Syrian regions.

I was happy staying in this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

Totally agreed with the previous comment, staffs are friendly, can meet backpackers & hotel is in a good location, however the 'tours' offered are expensive - No guides & all you get is an Arabic speaking driver, I appreciate his effort in briefly explaining the sights before we go in, but I would expect more when I pay that price.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights. Location ideal. Bed narrow but comfortable. Bathroom adequate. Everything clean. OK breakfast. Some rooms have small balconies. Bring earplugs; the street is noisy.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

Our room and the hotel generally were very good - the room was very clean, seemingly freshly painted, with satellite tv, and good wifi (for 100 SP extra).

The only point we wanted to note was regarding the tours - we took the trip to Crac and paid 800 SP each. (Interestingly three others on the tour were quoted 700, and one 900 SP - we couldn't figure any reason for the difference.) While we had no complaints about the driver, he was just that - a driver. We had assumed the tour was all inclusive given it could be done much more economically by public transport - instead we paid all entrance fees and had no guide. I think this is normal practice in Syria but something to be aware of.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Moscow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

The hotel ia very simple, but very good price and helpful staff. It is ideal for backpackers and budget tourists. The location is exelent - in the centre of Hama - only few minutes walking to citadel and norias.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

Everything was great - the staff who helped us to arrange excursions (first to Qala'at ash-Shmemis, Sarouj and Qasr Ibn Wardan, second to Krak Des Chevaliers), the room (clean with huge windows, balcony but without a bathroom), the localization of the hotel (just few meters from Nuria Wheels). The hotel is not spoiled by great opinions in Lonely Planet and it still keeps high level of services. We paid 18 USD - that's still very good price for backpackers. Definitely go there!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Rayong, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with my brother. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They were able to recommend a couple of tours for us, one which helped us get to our next destination! The night we arrived, I was rather sick, and one of the gentlemen at the desk took me to a local hospital and helped translate for the doctor! He definitely went out of his way for me. I appreciated that so much, as going to a foreign hospital is rather daunting. The hotel had an overall great traveler's vibe, which was hard to find in the rest of the places I've stayed. Even the simple breakfast was great!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Riad Hotel? Share your experiences!