“better than last visit”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah
Ranked #15 of 174 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed 21 November 2013

this is my second visit for this hotel and many changes have been implemented.
the internet is great and the breakfast is much better.

the hotel is a non smoking hotel which is a good progress since I used to suffer from the heavy smoke in the lobby even though I am a smoker.

Room Tip: choose a room in he fifth floor to benefit from business lounge
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We are happy that you felt the implemented improvements in the hotel.

It was great having you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Seemed unlike most Radisson Blu properties, and have I stayed at many of those
Good for business traveler and within the main city
Rooms were average, seemed kind of "stuffy"
The service was good, particularly that of the limousine hiring service
Wanted to stay an extra hour over the standard check out time due to flight delays but was not obliged....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service.

We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

If you look for a good value hotel, the radisson is a good option. You shouldn't expect however a great experience.

The good points are the price, the friendly staff. the size of the rooms and the breakfast offers all what you expect.

The issues of this hotel are the rooms. They are a bit outdated and mine was smelling. It is in need of some renovation. I had a Splitting headache the next morning (which could not have been from a hangover obviously). I am not sure if it was from the smell in the room. Also the location is not ideal and the rooms have these small windows, which hardly let any light through. My colleague who also stayed in this hotel, had no problems, so I guess I just had bad luck.

I will never get back though, I rather pay the higher rate to get some more luxury and comfort.

• Stayed: November 2013
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review.

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room.

We will discuss the conditions of your room to ensure that guest rooms are up to Radisson Blu standards.

We will highly appreciate if we can have another chance to meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here in the month of Sept 2013. I was here as a business traveler and found it quite comfortable and affordable to stay in. Located in a good locality and with good connectivity to all areas of Jeddah.

The food is awesome and the breakfast can get a tad filling ! if you are not conscious of how much of the goodies you are actually consuming. I also found the spread very good for all types of nationalities who visit Jeddah.

Their Tabouleh is awesome. So is their Strong cuppa coffee in the lobby coffee shop.

The internet is complimentary and this was the best part of the deal.

I would anyday like to return to this hotel if in Jeddah again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Choose one of the non-smoking rooms if you want clean air to breathe after a har...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

We greatly appreciate that you chosen to stay with us and to take the time to write this review.

Its a nice source of happiness to see that you was satisfied with your stay and liked the comfort level, location, breakfast and our free internet.

We would be grateful to welcome you again on board.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel has seen some renovation across the year, but still needs more. I am a frequent visitor to the hotel since the 90's, and glad to see some rooms floors are improving but some are still the same.

I travel here at lest once a month for business on company contract with the hotel. Though I have some other options, the location on the center is a big advantage. The food here is so good, and the staff are so friendly.

They can do better on the renovation of the old rooms, the Internet connections are weak in some floors, and the turn down service should be faster.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

We are glad to have you as a repeated guest in our hotel and we highly appreciate your feed back and will use it to fine tune our operations and services.

looking forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Radisson gives a comfortable and friendly base for a good price.

I stayed in one of their club rooms, all of which come with brand new and incredibly comfortable beds. I had some of the best nights sleep that I've ever had in a hotel.

WiFi signal is strong throughout, and also FREE! It's all you can eat, so no problem logging-in your phone, iPad, and laptop.

The hotel has a couple of restaurants. There is a Japanese one that I didn't get the chance to try, and a very good nightly buffet. Food choices are different each evening, and the "theme" rotates throughout the week: sea-food night / Italian night / barbecue night etc.

If you stay on the Club Floor, there's also a lounge that does a small-plates happy hour each evening. There's normally a soup choice, a couple of warm options, some cheese and some salads, and something sweet to finish. If you already had a good lunch, then it's enough to snack on.

Staff are friendly and responsive to any needs you have.

Gym is a particular feature. It has a real spa quality to it, with good machines, free weights, dry-sauna, steam-room, and a seating area for you to cool off between steams. The spa did seem to be men-only though (well... this is Saudi after all!), so I'm not sure if there is a ladies spa somewhere else in the building.

My lasting memory, will be the incredible windows in the rooms. They're small, traditional Arabian windows with an ornamental modesty grid on the outside. Comes as a surprise when you first see them, but they grow on you so incredibly fast. This went on to become the only hotel in the world where I've ever left my curtains open all night because the light filtering through this oriental lattice really is one of the neatest hotel window-designs I've ever met.

Would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Worth doing taking the upgrade to do the Club Room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you so much for the great 5 stars rating, for giving us the chance to be your host and serve you.

I am so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a memorable experience.

It was great pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcome you again and again.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed 2 nights in this hotel: the 1st in a normal room which is too old and in desperate need of renovation. I moved during the second to a Royal Club room on the 5th floor and I have to say it was much better: new, renovated with modern decor and bathroom. Both rooms, just like all hotel ones have a tiny wooden window so the room is always dark... The breakfast was above average and the gym quiet good actually with nice equipment (cardio, weight machines and free weight) and facilities (steam and sauna). The location is bad in the middle of the traffic and the staff quiet unprofessional I have to say... Verdict: you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: September 2013
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Royal Club Rooms, Breakfast and our Gym, also will consider your feedback to enhance our services and product.

We hope to have another chance to serve you better.