“In disrepair”
Review of Biet Nassif

Biet Nassif
Ranked #8 of 56 things to do in Jeddah
More attraction details
Owner description: See a 700-year-old flag mast and a 15th-century cannon at this restored building, one of several crumbling structures preserved by the government.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

While interesting, this house is in severe disrepair. It is dusty, grimy, and there are even dead pigeons inside. Walk in and go up the central staircase all the way to the roof. Arrive just before maghrib to head the calls to prayer from all directions.

2  Thank JacquesWeber
There are newer reviews for Biet Nassif

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We went on a Jeddah tour with business associates, the tour through old Jeddah led us to Beit Nassif, we had a traditional welcome on the rooftop with honey and a special type of bread and tea. This happened of course after we had the chance to sit on the thrown of late king abdulaziz

3  Thank Gass1
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was told it was a nice old house with an exhibition inside, and frankly what I found was an old, direlict building, that wouldn't even open on time despite our previous booking, with few artifacts and noyhing whatsovever on the house and its use. It was a big disappointment.

1  Thank LuciliaP
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I grow up knowing this house . I visited it when I was a kid 50 yrs ago and I visited it last week . It is a museum now . It has a very nice looking front terrace . the stair case was made specially for horse ridders to be able to go to higher floors without having to leave theier horses behind .

11  Thank M O
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Best preserved hitorical Hijazi house. A must see.