“Centrally located for business travelers”

Jeddah Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 159 Hotels in Jeddah
Edmonton, Canada
“Centrally located for business travelers”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Perfect location in the centre of the city near most of business offices but not the best location for holiday travelers .. clean rooms and friendly staff .. 24hrs gym .. Check in & out takes long sometimes but not recently as it seems they increased no. of receptionists or it's not the season .. They have to change the internet policy to offer a free access at least on lobby.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about the Jeddah Marriott. Yes, the rooms could use an update but for me it's about the people. All the staff at this property are fantastic! From the manager, front desk, bellman, security to the restaurant servers, chefs and room service to the "at your service" personnel, drivers and laundry, they make sure I have everything that I need. They are very detail orientated and it's always a pleasure staying here! I feel very safe and know that if I need anything, there will be someone to help. This is very important for a female expat. Of course I'm a Marriott fan, but the Jeddah Marriott will always be a special place for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I visited Marriott for business meeting with my Company, Rooms are very old style , sleep quality is fair
Meeting rooms are average
Dinner and Lunch were not very rich and not much of selection
Breakfast is excellent , good selection
Location is far from Jeddah red sea Korniesh , there is no good view of anything

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
KSAhotels, Front Office Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for spending the time to participate in our Guest Satisfaction Survey. Your comments and suggestions are of utmost importance to us to ensure your satisfaction and comfort at all times

Sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the room style ,Dinner and lunch food variety and location of the hotel not close to see side. We are working with our owner on a refurbishment and hope that this can be initiated this year.

Also ,I appreciate your positive comments in recognizing the Breakfast buffet variety and bed quality . I have shared your comments with the various team leaders and thank you for your feedback.

Should you have any further comments or concerns I would welcome hearing them from you.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback and looking forward to being at your service in the near future

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was greeted by friendly, efficient parking attendant and luggage handling staff. I was also pleased to see that all guests are screened as they enter the hotel-- this is commonplace in The Middle East. The check-in process was smooth and the front desk staff were welcoming and very friendly. The man who checked ,e in took the time to go over every detail of things I may need during my stay. My room was basic yet still well appointed, large, and the bed linens were luxurious, giving me a great night's sleep. As a woman traveling alone in Saudi Arabia, this hotel experience was perfect in my opinion. I felt safe, pampered, and well looked after. Nice job Jedah Marriott!

Room Tip: They have real non-smoking rooms!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Jeddah Marriott Hotel

I appreciate your positive comments recognizing the hotel staff services . iwill certainly share these positive comments with our teams. I do thank you for letting me know about the wonderful stay and it was interesting and extra efforts of our staff,

Damascus, Syria
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I really like the Jeddah Marriott!! Why, well from the start when midget "Tony" collects your bags from your car; to the great Reception Desk and expeditious check in process; to the rooms; and a great breakfast buffet and then a fast and professional check-out!!

Only real "negative criticism" is the hotel is in desperate need for a total refurbishment!! The furniture is so old you may be able to make a fifties movie in their rooms!!

They also really need an additional restaurant plus an executive lounge!! Well maybe next trip...Inshalla...

Room Tip: Any tower as long as you face the pool...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ThomasfromDamascus
Dear Sir,
On behalf of the Jeddah Marriott Hotel, it is our privilege to have you as one of our valued guests.
I appreciate receiving your comments and note the concern for the condition of the rooms being outdated. We are working with our owner on a refurbishment and hope that this can be initiated this year.
thank you for taking the time to recognize the speed check in and check out ,restaurant staff and food and highlighting Tony,
Othman
JAKARTA
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Arrived at this hotel, we rather dissapointed with the room, although it was huge but it seemed old and tired. No coffee/tea making facility & very noisy hair dryer. But....after you lie down to the bed, you'll be grateful because the bed is so cozy, and the ultimate is their pillow....so soft. But the location quite far from shopping center or other tourist object. Nearest mall is Haifa Mall (about 10 riyal by taxi).

The staffs also very polite & helpful, especially staffs on dining room, they are very friendly and always bring us soup or their cakes and sweets to taste. The buffet is satisfying, wide variety and very delicious (ooh I still remember their seafood soup so delicious & fit my asian tounge)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KSAhotels, Othman.tanineh@marriott.com at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
dear Adevia,

I was very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and that we have failed to meet your expectations. I do regret that due to the rooms looks old and smiley ,there was no coffee and tea facilities ,hotel far away from the shopping centers .

also I appreciate your positive comments in recognizing Bed and Pillow quality and comfortably ,food quality items, and highlighting the restaurant staffs hospitality .

Our hotel is due for renovation by the fourth quarter of this year and our aim is to provide our valued partners with a “New” hotel, which is both comfortable and luxurious. We are working hard to accomplish this and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bangalore
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is not like the usual Marriott property you will expect. The property is quite old, but the service is quite good compared to the other hotels i have stayed in Saudi Arabia. The breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
KSAhotels, Public Relations Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your overall experience with the Jeddah Marriott Hotel was enjoyable.

I do thank you for letting us know about the wonderful stay ,and every think was peaceful .

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Othman Tanineh