“After 23 years -” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Jeddah
New York City, New York
“After 23 years -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I left Jeddah in 1991 and visited after 23 years in 2014. To be honest, nothing has changed much in the city. I roam around all my childhood neighborhoods, eat my favorite shawarma, Al-Baik Broast, took pictures and spent wonderful 3 days.

While planning the trip, I was concerned about my Jeddah Stay as I know how average usually hotels are in KSA and with kids I want to make sure of a correct choice. Rosewood Jeddah turns out to be wonderful. Comparing to other Rosewood Properties we stayed around the world,they all are much much better than this one BUT in Jeddah KSA, this is one of the best or best hotel and does meet Rosewood minimum standards for hospitality. We stayed in a suite, which is nicely decorated.

Staff can be divided into 2 categories - the foreigners and locals -

Foreigners, like Filipino, Indians, Srilankan or from any where are 5 star because they know how important it is for them to perform. From bell man to door man, all are nice.

Locals - means you need to struggle with them in any thing you want and its just because of their vary nature, lack of experience, language barriers and their love for locals rather others. I give them 3 star and I am very generous here.

The GM of this hotel is ONE true through professional. I spoke to him for 30 minutes and shared my comments on the hotel. very nice, professional, trained and top of all - a Local, which was a surprise.

We didn't eat at the hotel except breakfast, which is very much usual like any other top chain hotels.

If you can afford, stay in a suite - its worth spending money and the Arabian Sea views are beautiful. The roof top pool is fun, but remember - in Kingdom only men can swim.
I

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BurneyNYC
Saud I, General Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for providing such a complementary feedback for your recent stay and experience at Rosewood Corniche. I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back here at Rosewood Corniche in the not so distance future.

I remain sincerely yours

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 15days. Excellent view of sea. Costly Services. If you order food by Room services it takes more time n give irrelevant answers and some staff are cooperative. I don't suggest longer stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ravi P
Thank you for your extended stay and your constructive feedback which has been shared with the relevant Department Heads. It would be a pleasure of mine if you could provide me with some more details at your convenience by forwarding it to my personal email: Peter.Leitzke@rosewoodhotels.com

Looking forward to hear from you. I remain sincerely yours

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The service and food are decent, I give the hotel that. However, the hotel is very outdated paint is peeling off on the outdoor. It does not at all feel like a 5 star hotel and thus the prices are not justified. The rooms are decent, but very outdated - who has audio system to tun on so to have TV volume up? Nothing is close by, I guess it is on the less advantaged corniche! I would go there next time, but only if no other more decent options.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FahadDM
Thank you for your feedback and your patronage. We appreciate your valuable feedback and would like to herewith inform you, that the blue metal cladding for which the paint is peeling off will be replaced towards the end of September or early October this year. This task will take about 6 months until this project is completed and Rosewood Corniche will be put back toward its old/new glory.

Our TV system is due to be replaced starting with installation of new IPTVs as of September. We are currently preparing the necessary cabling.

I do hope that the new features will meet your expectations and that we can see you soon back in Rosewood Corniche. Thanking you once again for your feedback.
Sincerely yours

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

this luxurious 5-star hotel features panoramic Red Sea views. 4 restaurants, and a modern gym on the 17th floor. Rooms are really big, look to be apartments more than hotel rooms. 4 flat screen, fresh fruit on the table, newspaper in the morning and very comfortable beds. I didn't t like the courtesy products which were from London. The staff was lovely and ready to help and assists the guests. Breakfast was OK.

INTERNET SHOULD BE FREE BUT IT IS NOT. UNACCEPTABLE.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Roberto P
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
It gave us the great pleasure to have your review, and glad that your recent stay and experience at Rosewood Corniche was an enjoyable & memorable one.

We will look forward to welcome you back to Jeddah, the Pearl of the Red Sea and the Premium Hospitality venue.

Regarding the internet service, please note that we are charging the internet service as same as the Jeddah's other five star hotel, but I would like to recommend you to check offers on our website on your next visit, as few of the packages includes the Internet which we tailor made for our business travelers, i.e. Business Bundle, Delightful Weekend Escape.

Regards,
Asst. Marketing Manager
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

1.bed mattress make sounds you can here the springs,low quality
2.lights don't work properly most of them are burned.
3.butler service don't meet requirements,very slow ,don't answer the phone,and they won't respect time.
4. 40 minutes for tea to be delivered at the room.
5.room Dinning food quality doesn't meet rosewood standers .
6.food standard room service is really bad I ordered Burger a salad above 40 USD so at least it needs to be Enjoyable.
7.ordered house keeping for more than four hours and still no one showed up.
8.buffet Breakfast is really normal nothing special,cleanses zero rate.
9.when anyone pays this kind of amount he will expect superable service and a unique experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Faisal B
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your detailed observations during your recent stay at the Rosewood Corniche. We greatly appreciate and acknowledge your notes, all feedback has been noted and we will make sure that it will be discussed and action for improvement will be taken.

We also appreciate you for taking time to answer call from our Head Butler - Issam Rajab and as he ensured you, your next stay with us will be the most memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back!

Regards,

Assistant Marketing Manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel sits next to the Red Sea, and has great views. Rooms were very clean. The lighting is a bit dark in the "rotunda", almost could not see. It is also kept very cold, the room air conditioning was set to low after the room was made up almost everyday. My biggest complaint was the daily charges for the internet and only being allowed one device. I was able to get an additional device after asking reception. Just include internet in the room rate somehow. This hotel is not inexpensive, so i guess they figure you can just afford it. Breakfast was great and had plenty of choice, considering i stayed for almost one week. Cafe has nice sweets and both formal restaurants were good, but not spectacular. Adjoining room doors allow a lot of sound to pass, I enjoyed Arabic language television every evening from my neighbor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CBresloff
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing Rosewood Corniche for your favorable stay, your feedback is very essential for us to make things better.

We are glad that your stay was comfortable; although the light in the room and ac cooling upset you a bit but happy to know that room view and friendly beach atmosphere pleased your days.

It is always good to know about the feedback of the food as well, as we are very keen on food quality, recently we have added few new Arabic items on our breakfast like foul, balila, saj station served with zaatar, cheese and labneh, fresh honeycomb and homemade date jam, I hope you had a chance to try them.

We look forward to welcome you back at Rosewood Corniche.

Best regards,

Assistant Marketing Manager
switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed the first time in a Rosewood hotel. Location is ok, yet nothing good within walking distance, but the beach.
Service friendly and rooms a re clean. Touch screen panel to manipulate the lights, the shades etc is kind of old style and certainly not intuitive, but the personal butler was very helpful.
Biggest disappointment is wi-fi. It is not complementary, unbelievable….but when we asked and 'complained' the manager provided us with a three day voucher to wave the cost of it.

Room Tip: Try to get one with the view over the red sea.