Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq
US$682
US$293
US$176
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbutler serviceluxury roomsister hoteljunior suitespaseafacilitiesmeetingsaudi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Dream hotel, interior work is very rich , you need to select the timing to get the best rate

• Stayed: August 2011
Jeddah_Hilton, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Thank You very much for sharing your positive impression of Qasr Al Sharq which is much appreciated.
At Qasr Al Sharq, we always feature a suitable, seasonable promotional offer. Although conditions apply, these offers are available when booking on-line or via our reservations center.
Again, thank you for writing!
Wolfgang Maier

Reviewed 26 January 2011

One of the most opulent hotel palaces that have ever been built and certainly appealing to oriental tastes. In spite of the grandezza, there is no feeling of public space inside. One does feel a bit squeezed. Service is a weak for a top luxury hotel. As is typical in Saudi, there are hardly any outside facilities (swimming/bar/restaurant).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2011

As soon as we set foot in the hotel it was one problem after another. Although I did everything possible to avoid such faults but who was I kidding.

Objective:
The place seriously lacks hospitality (service and courtesy), far from being the cleanest, unorganised, and unprofessional.

Subjective:
My wife and I spent our very first night together at this miserable place and it made me look really bad. Despite showing up early to the hotel and checking in to the suite in order to make sure that everything will be alright when my wife and I arrive after our wedding night, they gave us a smaller room when we arrived. Their understanding of a wedding package was to offer you a fruit basket and A rose! and when we ordered our meal it arrived late and cold. The tap water was constantly coloured. Housekeeping come and go in 1.5 mins without even letting you know they are leaving, which always keeps you wondering is he coming back. The view of the room and the windows are covered, smothered, filled with bird crap.

There is never any staff at the lobby, reception, or even at the main entrance. I even had to park the car myself a few times. When I read the positivereviews I think that maybe the guests were fooled by the luxury surrounding their walls. If you are lucky enough to spot a member of staff they wont greet you, no good mornings,no hellos. More often than never they are seen with their mobiles and seem like they have better things to do. I decided that I have had enough and so we checked out early. The checkout process took well over 3 hours because it did not show in their system that I had paid any amount towards the deposit and they wanted to rip me off because I did not have 'evidence'. They refused to let me leave the hotel. They had to call a colleague and wake him up in the middle of the night and even then the receptionist refused to take his word for it, they stayed on the phone for 30 mins to resolve the matter.

If it was not my first night with my wife I would have handled things differently I would not have been so patient and well mannered. If you got there I guarantee that you will get into a fight or be humiliated.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank qataris
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I have stayed at Qasr Al Sharq actually 2 years ago on a short trip to jeddah...
The hotel is such a luxury in all the areas from the public spaces to the amazing room which is huge with the finest amenities you can ask for in any hotel....

BUT the problem is lack of service or lets say the quality of the service compared to the class of the hotel.... the service was very bad from check in up to the butler service which was maybe even worse!!!

as a hotel quality i will easily give it a 5 star but the quality of service drops to 3 star....

i did return to jeddah but stayed next door at the hilton which has less luxury bur has more life and maybe better service compared to the Qasr.... specially the lobby area of the qasr is such an empty lobby that you feel weird sitting in the lobby....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dubai976
Jeddah_Hilton, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

Thank you for your most positive comments relating to the quality of accomodations, the amenities and the overall luxury you experienced during your recent stay at Qasr Al Sharq which are most appreciated!

Regarding your observations of the "quiet lobby & public areas" please remember this property is a residential "Palace" merely featuring 38 units and aimed at providing the utmost level of privacy to it's guests at all times. It should not be compared with a high volume Hotel featuring hundreds of accomodations as at Qasr Al Sharq the opposite is desirable.

Your comments regarding the "lack of service" alarm us and we extend our sincerest appologies for any issues you may have encountered as this is not the objective of the Palace. Please though, could you contact me (Wolfgang.Maier@Hilton.com) with the specific service issues you encountered so that we may investigate these and take immediate corrective actions with all concerned.

Many thanks
Wolfgang Maier

Reviewed 11 February 2010

Oh my, the level of finish is a wealthy potentate's dream. Gold leaf , Italian that, French this totally totally wonderful and honestly Arabic.
I can not fault anything on the room which was a total dream, maybe a bigger flat screen to compensate for the Huge room.
Bathroom perfect, a dream, a private spa.
Parking easy and free.
2 negatives, would be lack of complimentary wifi in the room, and strangely not in the excecutive lounge free or paid. The other might be the level of comfort that some of the check-in staff had in dealing in English.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business