“Amazing”

Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq
Ranked #15 of 178 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I'm spending my honey-moon in this outstanding hotel.It's my 1st night. The check in was super fast only 5min. The staff is extremly friendly. The man in the reception when he knew it is my honey moon he gave me a sea view room. Overall Perfect hotel with 5 stars qualities. It's highly recommended....

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank AbdullahAlmaghraby

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The hotel & rooms(Suites) are breath taking everything in the Suite is impressive and lavish. Being there on business only, at one point I seriously thought of changing hotels because it was so bling bling. Tea & coffee are complimentary just call your butler to deliver it, see what I mean.
But the service of the staff is not up to par as upon mycheck-in I was given a suite & when Concierge employee & I walk in I had to back away very quickly as it was very obvious someone is in the room with their clothes on bed and slippers on floor. This was a major mistake on the recieption empoyees, which their manager called me later and appologies for. The room service menu as you would expect it is quite expensive, example a basic cheese sandwich is at $24.
Location is on corniche road beautiful outlook on the Red sea & It's adjacent to Hilton with easy access to Hilton (external walk way).
I had a BB package, so people at the hotel have the option to order in room instead of going down to restaurant for Breakfast, I was surprise to see that there's no buffet, only menu orders. I then realized people at such a grand hotel would not wake up so early (6:30am) for a business eeting or a breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a sea veiw suite & order breakfast the night before!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Du13
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The hotel itself is breath-taking and the rooms stunning but even during the booking process the customer service was lacking severely. I should have booked at the Le Meridien at that point, but still wanted to give the Qasr Al Sharq a try. I had to make 5 calls to try and reserve a room with absolutely no help given their system was down for most of the day. I ended up booking online myself. I, of course, do what I always do and call the hotel to confirm my bookings and requirements and all was confirmed to me. Then I took an extremely early morning flight, only to stand at the airport exhausted and hot with no driver in sight. It didn't end there, I was very clear in asking for an early check in and my request was confirmed the day before over the phone only to finally get to the hotel and find out no room was ready. Not to mention, I specifically chose the more expensive rate just for the breakfast only to find more resistance from customer service and had to walk over to reception to have it settled. All of this before a decent cup of coffee. I didn't even go into the number of times I was transferred only to be transferred again. Customer service is far more important to me than cost. At any rate, thankfully I was only there for one night and will most certainly never return. Shame, I travel to Jeddah constantly and was hoping Qasr Al Sharq would be my go-to hotel. It's being compared to the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi and let me tell you there is no comparison. Let me put it to you this way, Emirates Palace has already won the race when Qasr Al Sharq is still stuck at the 'Start' line. I'm going back to the Le Meridien where efficiency and organization is evident in every aspect. It's half the price and triple the service. My suggestion, run to the Le Meridien.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank LadyBluesMusic
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences that you may have experienced during your recent stay at Qasr Al Sharq. Please rest assured that corrective measurements have been taken.

Should your future travel bring you back to Jeddah, please contact my office directly (+966 02 659 0000 Ext 3505) so we can reinstate your trust again.

Axel Hauser

Reviewed 9 December 2011

As some other reviews suggest, it's a great luxurious building compined with unattentive staff who make you feel unwelcome. Check in took forever because i didn't get them a printed copy of my booking which i never did for five years (although they have my reservation in the system!). The next morning, they refused to provide the included breakfast which also make my stay unpleasent as i had to go to receiption to settle the matter as they were not helpful over the phone. Overall, i wouldn't stay there for even half the price i paid.

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank almuhalhal
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Qasr Al Sharq, Jeddah and for taking the time to write us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is with great regret and concern when I received your complaint detailing how unhappy you are with the service and our people.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. This should have not been the case, and I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Qasr Al Sharq and any of our Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Axel Hauser

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Dream hotel, interior work is very rich , you need to select the timing to get the best rate

• Stayed: August 2011
Jeddah_Hilton, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Jeddah - Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Thank You very much for sharing your positive impression of Qasr Al Sharq which is much appreciated.
At Qasr Al Sharq, we always feature a suitable, seasonable promotional offer. Although conditions apply, these offers are available when booking on-line or via our reservations center.
Again, thank you for writing!
Wolfgang Maier

Reviewed 26 January 2011

One of the most opulent hotel palaces that have ever been built and certainly appealing to oriental tastes. In spite of the grandezza, there is no feeling of public space inside. One does feel a bit squeezed. Service is a weak for a top luxury hotel. As is typical in Saudi, there are hardly any outside facilities (swimming/bar/restaurant).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2011

As soon as we set foot in the hotel it was one problem after another. Although I did everything possible to avoid such faults but who was I kidding.

Objective:
The place seriously lacks hospitality (service and courtesy), far from being the cleanest, unorganised, and unprofessional.

Subjective:
My wife and I spent our very first night together at this miserable place and it made me look really bad. Despite showing up early to the hotel and checking in to the suite in order to make sure that everything will be alright when my wife and I arrive after our wedding night, they gave us a smaller room when we arrived. Their understanding of a wedding package was to offer you a fruit basket and A rose! and when we ordered our meal it arrived late and cold. The tap water was constantly coloured. Housekeeping come and go in 1.5 mins without even letting you know they are leaving, which always keeps you wondering is he coming back. The view of the room and the windows are covered, smothered, filled with bird crap.

There is never any staff at the lobby, reception, or even at the main entrance. I even had to park the car myself a few times. When I read the positivereviews I think that maybe the guests were fooled by the luxury surrounding their walls. If you are lucky enough to spot a member of staff they wont greet you, no good mornings,no hellos. More often than never they are seen with their mobiles and seem like they have better things to do. I decided that I have had enough and so we checked out early. The checkout process took well over 3 hours because it did not show in their system that I had paid any amount towards the deposit and they wanted to rip me off because I did not have 'evidence'. They refused to let me leave the hotel. They had to call a colleague and wake him up in the middle of the night and even then the receptionist refused to take his word for it, they stayed on the phone for 30 mins to resolve the matter.

If it was not my first night with my wife I would have handled things differently I would not have been so patient and well mannered. If you got there I guarantee that you will get into a fight or be humiliated.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple