“High rate for low grade”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Beit El Kroum

and 1 more site!
Beit El Kroum
Ranked #1 of 5 Zahle B&B and Inns
Lebanon
“High rate for low grade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

With a great location and wide panoramic view on the Bekaa valley sits Beit el Kroum hotel.
the staff are very lovely and friendly
Rooms are not hotel rooms that you have payed this amount for, they are more like a room of an old rented house. Elecrtic wires a scattered on the walls, bathroom is below average, the breakfast is so cheap.
In my opinion a lot of improving has to be done to meet the room rates.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Joe_Frangieh
edmond j, Guest Relations Manager at Beit El Kroum, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest and constructive review. I really appreciate your comments, because it is through these reviews that we can meet our challenges head on.
I will personally look into the issues that you have outlined, meet with our staff and take necessary action in order to make sure to renovate and upgrade the hotel as we move forward.
Please feel free to contact on 03913854 or by email edmond@beitelkroum.com if you would like to elaborate more on the matter as your opinion matters to us
Edmond Jeha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The only words that I can express for this hotel and the management of this hotel are the following: Amazing, Awesome and Extremely great hospitality. Beautiful sunset, Extremely comforting terrace, Great food and service. Great family management, very helpful and welcoming.
What makes the hotel unique is its clean rooms and very chic simple décor. The rooms are very spacious, the bed are ultra relaxing, the toilets extremely clean.
Thank you for this great hospitality, thank you for creating in my opinion the first true hotel with international standards.
I hope to see you soon, and to be able to relax and chill in this great hotel.
Thank you for your hospitality. And I highly recommend this hotel to every person that is visiting the Bekaa Valey and more specially Zahlei.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We spent a week-end there enjoying a beautiful sunset view of the Bekaa. The terrasse is just the place to be and savor a homemade dinner served in a very friendly atmosphere. Very attentive family management. An experience to repeat when we want to escape the noise of Beirut.

• Stayed September 2013
Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We searched the net looking for a convenient place to stay in Zahle for a night in order to attend a wedding. Beit El Kroum was one of the options. This Boutique brand-new cozy hotel is situated near the statue of mother Mary in a quiet suburb in Zahle–Lebanon. The place is incredibly convenient for a getaway. It is only 50 minutes away from the busy hectic life of the city. The management was very friendly and helpful, very much a family run establishment. With their help, my kids, my husband and I felt at home. What makes the hotel unique is its clean rooms and very chic simple décor. The rooms are of different types where each has flower characteristics. We chose two that were somehow connected spacious with all required amenities. Its remarkable delicious continental Lebanese homemade breakfast was served in the hotel’s lovely and rich garden next to its infinity pool overlooking the mountains and Bekaaa Valley. It is simply an ideal choice to stay with family away in a dazzling place but still feel as if we’re home and for a very good price. We would recommend this Hotel for its quiet location and its individuality. It's a choice you won't regret. My kids enjoyed the place as it was a true sample of family enjoyable quality time. Having lived in the city this was a great break. We would have loved to stay for more days

Room Tip: A suite is an appropriate room for a family of four
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was in Zahle for my friend's wedding and i stayed at Beit El Kroum for 4 nigths... It was fantastic !!
I received a warm welcoming from the 3 language speaking staff (Arabic, French and English). Their tailored attention makes you feel very comfortable.
I definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I and my mother-in-law stayed at Beit el-Kroum for two nights to do some research and visit the area. The property is second to none -- breathtaking view of the Bekaa valley, gorgeous pool, well-tended garden of fruit trees and herbs. Just being in that space was incredibly relaxing and uplifting; there is clearly a refined aesthetic sense in the whole design of the place. Do be forewarned that the price of that view is that you are up in the hills above town, so if you don't have a car you will have to take cabs back and forth for about 10 thou ($7) each way. The family who runs the place is so sweet and friendly though, once one of them took pity on us and just drove us into town (Thanks Tomy!), and another put us personally in touch with people to help with my husband's research (thanks Irene!). There really is an overall homey, open, family-style feeling to the place that's lovely. It was common for Irene (hotel manager) to appear with delicious fresh juice and tea gratis while we lounged by the pool, and she was always down for conversations and giving advice.

They are a new hotel, and working out the kinks of being one. Our room was never cleaned, and we had to ask for everything we needed or wanted in terms of info about Zahle or the hotel itself. If you're outgoing and don't mind tracking people down, they are extremely generous and helpful; it just has to be your idea. So don't be shy!

Room Tip: "Deluxe" rooms means with a balcony and a view; our standard rooms were first-floor, no vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was compelled to write a review after having my expectations raised by the other reviews.

Looking forward to a weekend away from Beirut, my husband and I were sorely disappointed to be shown our room with two single beds on either side of it. I said we'd booked a double. We were shown another room but it smelt so damp so we had to go back to the first and requested the beds be pushed together. This took some time and I then had to ask the staff to put double sheets on it. The room was stuffy and hot and the small fan did little to cool it down. The rug in the middle had a huge stain on it. We didn't have hot water in the shower and the water sprayed right across the shower recess on to the bathroom floor - I guess a similar situation in the room next door and why it would smell.

In regards to hospitality we were never shown the details of the hotel, asked if we wanted info. about Zahle or if we intended to see anything in the region.

The pool was nice to relax by.

Considering the price for a room advertised on the hotel I would expect a lot more from the place.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Travellingmt
edmond j, Owner at Beit El Kroum, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 03913854, to discuss this with you further. (email is edmond@beitelkroum.com)
Regards,
Edmond Jeha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zahle
Cristal Grand Hotel Kadri
Layali Al Shams Hotel
Layali Al Shams Hotel
#1 of 1 in Anjar
Cherry Blossom Boutique Hotel
Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa
Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand

Been to Beit El Kroum? Share your experiences!