City Star Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I've been in City Star hotel for 8 day's in may 2010. I paid 450$ in Tehran (including hotel, visa and ticket) that I think it was very cheap. I think they give reduction to Iranian tours because the prices of rooms were more expensive than I paid in Tehran. The foods are Persian and tasty(specially for Iranians). The rooms are large, clean and the air condition works very well. the location is not great but it is 400 meters to metro station that you can go anywhere by it. Also it is about 200 meters to Al Ghurair city (one of the famous malls in Dubai). There are 5 nightclubs in hotel but I don't hear a noise in my room. There is no wireless and you must pay for using internet in lobby. The room service is all right and the waiters are very polite. I liked City Star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
14  Thank reza690
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed there for three days during holy Ramadan. This is not definitely a 3 star hotel. You can say maybe 2 star top. The food was not eatable .Very crowded and noisy restaurants.
We had no problem with the disco noise due to Ramadan but lot's of construction noise starting early morning.One day we got stuck in traffic (Deira area is very crowded )during lunch hours and called the hotel three times to inform them.After being 7 to 10 minutes late had no lunch during Ramadan and every restaurant is closed .They said you want lunch we charge you 150 Durhams per person. Off course we did't pay them and hated the way the talked to us.No manager and no customer service what so ever.
We hated staying there nothing to enjoy at this hotel. . Very rude staffs (reception and restaurant staff) never smiling. Hate this hotel and everything about it. Don't go near it if you can.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
11  Thank shabnamhori
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have bad memories of this hotel!!!!!!!
My family and I wet to this hotel Feb.2010 in Dubai. Already we have booked this hotel from IRAN (Tehran Agancy ) and we paied money before of traveling ,but when we went Dubai and citystar hotel , The staff of city star saied us that we can not give you room !!!!
we were 10 people ( my family ) and we booked 4 rooms ! Unfortinatly they didnt cooperate with us .........and I have been woozy with 9 others people (one of them 80 years & another 2 years ). all of the hotels in Dubai was full !!!! and we stayed in the steet!
Finaly I called police (torism police in dubai ) and police man found us another hotel .police man who was very kindly and nice man.
This was my worst travel experince ,very bad very bad situation .
please do not go to this hotle (city star) !

Woman of Tehran

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
14  Thank flowerIran
Reviewed 25 August 2009

i like:
1. Rooms
2. Foods ( HB. Break Fast & Lunch ) The Foods Were Iranian.
3. Staffs
4. View Of Hotel.
5. Clean
6. Cheap & Good Rate
7. I will Back to This Hotel For Next time

Dislikes:
1. Not Located in Great Area.
2. Noisy Night Clubs ( We had Room in Upstairs But You Can Hear Night Clubs Sounds. ).

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Moogeh
Reviewed 28 October 2008

This was one of two hotels we tried in Dubai, and would not recommend this one to anyone (unless you are Middle Eastern). This hotel clearly caters for a specific type of clientele, and if you are not in that group, you are virtually ignored. Our (double) room was located directly above one of the three very loud night clubs in this hotel, which operates every night till 2am.
Not particularly well located, difficult for taxis to get access to (so they do not), and not all of the services they state they offer are. Our laundry disappeared for three days.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank FyingKiwi