“Very nice hotel but experienced some problems”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #61 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at the Westin for 10 last days of March as a family with the executive package.
Pros:
- very nice hotel, clean, wonderful swimming pools, service at the beach ok
- nice rooms, clean
- many russians but who can "behave" I would say, not like in some other hotels of Dubai
- Many nice and vgood restaurants within the hotel, staff polite and definitely trying to please you
Cons;
- The executive floor with the breakfast and the cocktails is not good at all. The terrace is noisy and the inside dining room is sad, you just want to avoid this place, plus after 10 days of staying there the lady at the front desk was still not able to remember our names and room nbr
- Dinner reservations are a mess. It takes them ages to pick up your call and they don't confirm your reservation except once when they decided to wake us up at 11pm to confirm a booking!
- Rooms are big but they look like a disco in the night as there are so many lights which you are unable to turn off, so we had to put a few cloths on on each of them
- Phones and Internet in the rooms are a joke. Phones are toys and internet is so slow, you just don't want to use it

1  Thank jeanadam
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear jeanadam,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us.

Although I am delighted to hear that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us I am disappointed to hear that the facilities in the Executive Club were not up to your expectations and that you have experienced challenges with your internet connection and some of our associates who did not offer the level of service you expect in a 5 star Resort.

Please rest assured that we take all our guest comments very seriously and regularly discuss them with our Management Team to continuously improve the services to our guests.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Stewart Selbie

Write a ReviewReviews (3,159)

Reviewed 4 April 2012

can't wait to go back when it's not business - wow. Stayed on club floor - great room, loved the food offerings for breakfast, appetizers, drinks - service - everyone knew our names from check in to check out. Had a bit of a rough time organizing some meetings from home but once there it was seamless. Room was gorgeous, beautiful ocean view with generous patio space and good lounging chairs. Only viewed the pool area but sure looked amazing. Lovely public spaces. View to the left is the Dubai Yacht Club to the right is the Burj - only bummer is that straight ahead is the Palms as opposed to the ocean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Geordie_calgarian

Dear Geordie_calgarian,

thank you for taking the time to post your great comments about your stay with us in 2011!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Resort and especially proud that our associates were able to make you feel welcome and at ease as this is one of our main concerns for every guest.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future where you will hopefully also be able to enjoy our pool and beach facilities!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

It has been a week since I returned from my three days stay at Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. I was there for the Broadband MEA conference, taking place in the same hotel. Everything was amazing including my room, the facilities, the service, the balcony view, and the water sports including the pool and the beach. The employees at the concierge services, I still remember their names, Mir, Ansar and Rajyana, were extremely helpful in guiding me explore Dubai and arranging the transport services for the trip. Looking forward to spend my next holiday at Westin Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SarimKhalid
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear SarimKhalid,

I am delighted to hear that altough you were in Dubai on a business trip you were still able to enjoy some time off and I am especially proud to hear that our associates assisted you with all your requirements. Please rest assured that we have passed on the comments to them as well.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel has a beautiful sea view outstretch where you can enjoy all water sports and take your share of sun ray. It is actually a resort with luxury facilities. The rooms were big and having a nice balcony overlooking the beautiful sea. You can see the famous Atlantis hotel far away if you have good eyesight. The only drawback is you need to use a car to reach to other areas outside the hotel. Mina Seyahi is near Dubai Marina and it has a nice shopping mall and some restaurants overlooking the Marina. We enjoyed our relaxing stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view to be worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear NanaMoo,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that it was an enjoyable one.

It is always great to know that our guests were able to make use of many of our facilities and it seems that you experienced many of them. I am especially delighted that you have liked our rooms out of which many have balconies and our offerings in our private pool and beach area.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have just returned from 10 days stay in Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. We were there four, two adults and two small children. We liked this hotel very much. Hotel has a good position. You can easily reach center of Dubai by cheap taxi (only thing which is cheap in Dubai) or by close metro. After tiring day in centre or mall you can relax by pools, which are really nice, warm and well maintaned, or on a nice beach. Instead of palms you can admire a lot of skyscrapers behind hotel´s back, which is attractive. Hotel is quite safe for children. Balcony door has a special lock so it can not be easily open by children. On the beach and by the pools is unbelieveable number of lifeguards. I have never seen so many lifeguards at one place. They are really nice, they originate mainly from SriLanka. We liked food prepared in hotel restaurant Blue Orange ( amazing choice and delicious) and also restaurant Busola. Thursday barbecue is worth trying.
What I didn´t like was a noice. We stayed on a right hand side of the hotel. So we still heard noise of aircondition ventilator coming from restaurant Busola which was under our balcony. It was not very loud however still present. But in a whole we spent nice holiday in nice place which I can recommed for visit.

Room Tip: Probably on the left hand side. Further from Busola restaurant.
1  Thank ambravecna

Dear ambravecna,

thank you for posting your feedback about your 10 day stay with us earlier last month.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a great time whilst staying with us and that you were able to make use of many of our facilities which is always rewarding.

I am grateful to hear that you felt you could relax in the room and on the beach after being out in Dubai, especially because of our safety measures such as sufficient lifeguards and our double locks on the balcony doors for child safety.

We hope to welcome you back to the Resort for another relaxing stay in the future!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We arrived on Sunday 18th march from a three day stay at Ras -All- khahaim we were pleased with the hotel we stayed at in Ras so the Westin had a lot to live up to .
The Westin certainly excelled on everything in comparison, and my wife and i were treated with the best four days of our holiday. which was to celebrate our 40 years of marriage and my wifes birthday.I am so glad i took the advice of the Virgin holidays cosultant who recomended this hotel and to stay there at the end of our stay rather than the beginning .We stayed a total of eight days in the emirates four days at Ras and the rest of our holiday at the Westin.

On our arrival Vera on the checkin desk explained that our room was ready but if we would
like to wait in the Blue Orange She would be able to upgrade us to a nicer room and get it made ready. she organised a complimentary lunch while the room was made ready .
After a superb meal we were shown the most woderfull room with large balcony over loking the Palm and marina , large bedroom with the most comfortable kingsize bed ever. after unpacking our clothes a cake for my wifes birthday arrived with flowers and another cake for our anniversary with a bottle of wine.
We had the most relaxing stay which is what we wanted as my wfe had just started returning to full health after a serious medical procedure
The Westin team could not be faulted and not once were we disapointed . everyone of them so kind and friendly made us special
The Westin is a place we hope to return to in the near future perhaps next year
Ron & Elaine Regan

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HullYorkshireSandman

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Regan,

thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am also proud of our associates who have made this happen throughout your stay. Please rest assured that we have passed on the comments to them as well.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your various special occasions with us and that your wife is on the way to recovery.

We hope to welcome you back in the future again!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am currently staying at the Westin, Check in was terrible had to wait for half an hour until they picked up my reservation had to on my laptop log in and show them i was holding a reservation on starwood website, first time ever had a problem like this since was booked directly through starwoodhotels.

Ibrahim at the front desk was very helpful though explained that did not show on the system and made it up with a room upgrade.

However when he was at the back checking on my reservation i overheard a lady asking the receptionist how far is ferrari world to which he replies 2 and a half hours when i "butt in" to say its a mere 45 minutes drive he asks me what speed i drive lol, i did assure the guest it will take no longer than an hour and told him to rather get his facts in order than giving misleading information to the guests at the hotel

Now back to the hotel, Room is large, plenty of light, amazing large corridors, service is excellent, pools are beautiful, tennis court and lots of kids activities, i could go on and on an amazing resort style hotel, kids will have a blast of a time

Breakfast at blue orange was good, nice variety

Overall an excellent stay except for the small hiccup at check-in

1  Thank ERT786

Dear ERT768,

thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us earlier last month.

Although I am disappointed to hear about your initial check in challenges, I am delighted that you were able to enjoy your stay and especially the rooms after and our pool and beach facilities after you had checked in.

I have forwarded your comments about the information given to another guest to our Front Office Team to ensure that the correct timings and information are given. It is through feedback like yours that we can continuously improve our services to all our guests.