“Fantastic - although half-term week was a bit chaotic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #48 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - although half-term week was a bit chaotic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I'm writing this on my final night at the Westin and am so sad to be going. We have had the best time. This hotel was great and very impressive overall. Right on the beach you had great access to the lovely see, as well as lots of pools dotted around.

We arrive on the early morning flight and I had pre-registered to get into our room. They gave us a complimentary breakfast and told us we had been upgraded to half board. Our room was the most basic deluxe one but amazing! We were on the 8th floor. Hugeeeeeee bed and great size room. Lovely bathroom. If anything a tiny bit corporate but you expect that with chains.

We were at the pool most of the days and did some of the water sports too. The pools were great. Just so many children jumping and screaming though. We went and did dune bashing which is well worth it. Didn't eat in the hotel that much as wanted to get out and see as much as possible. Breakfast v v v good with lots of selection, but at 9am it was chaotic. Lots of plates left and tables not cleared. But the staff were working hard.

All in all a great trip. Would highly recommend. I will be returning to Dubai.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Portugal611

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at the Westin Dubai for two nights in a Deluxe Sea View room. The purpose of my visit was purely rest and relaxation, while on an extended stop-over travelling through Abu Dhabi. I thought that the hotel was absolutely fantastic. My room was very large with a very high quality fit-out in both the bedroom and the bathroom. The beach/pool area was absolutely lovely, with enough space to never be over-crowded. There is a large team of staff serving the beach/pool seating areas and this made the afternoons I spent there very enjoyable and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good and again the lovely helpful staff made it for me.

The only things I would say to watch out for are :

Wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel, but costs approx. 20 Euro per.day

There can be quite a lot of families and thus young kids, so if you are seeking a silent retreat maybe look elsewhere, particularly at popular times of year.

Overall though I have had a wonderful sty and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are well worth getting and if your not particularly fussed about executive lounge acc...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have just returned from our stay at the westin we had a fantastic time the staff were so friendly and helpful we were upgraded to a balcony room with the most stunning views the room was very spacious and had all the amenities you would expect in a five star we were on a bed and breakfast package and I have to say breakfast was excellent. They allowed us a late checkout at 2 as our flight was not until midnight and you could have a shower in the spa before leaving I did have a spa treatment and the service was excellent. Hope to return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosemarydub
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear rosemarydub,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team in Blue Orange was able to assist you with all your requirements during breakfast. It is always our aim to make the stay of each of our guests as enjoyable as possible and it is great to see that our team was able to do so on this occasion.

I hope to be able welcome you back to the resort in the near future!

With best regards,
Stewart Selbie General Manager
Basel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been more than 8 times in Dubai, and this is the most disappoint hotel I ever have been. Let me summarize all the issues we had during stay there:

Check-in:
- Very bad check in service: Waiting time more than 20 minutes. Staff was unfriendly, and not helpful at all. Staff was not well trained, did not have knowledge about opening times of restaurants.
- After this very slow check-process, we had to wait another 45 minutes to get our room. Nobody informed as where we could wait.
- There is no warm welcome when you arrive. Luggage was ripped off.

Rooms:
- Rooms are very nice, well furnished with a nice view on the sea
- Houskeeping is horrible. Staff no trained, not friendly. Room was dirty, towels were not renewed, bed was dirt. How could this happen in a five star hotel???
- Terrace was not cleaned, used plates were not taken away
- No nightturndown service

Pool:
-Poolarea itself nice
-Staff also here very unfriendly
-Guest had to take their own towels from the room or pick-up at the entrance
- Noisy from all the jetski's
- Children were jumping into to pool, although it was forbidden and there is a separate pool area for kids
- Chairs were dirty
- Pool service came rarely, waiting time either to order or to get the drinks more than 30 minutes

Blue orange restaurant:
- Very high priced compared to other buffet restaurants
- Dirty chairs, and dishes
- Used plates were not taken away from the table
- Unfriendly staff
- Fruits were not filled up

We also spoke to the guest manager, however there was no improvement seen during the whole stay. As a reimbursement we got a bottle of wine, which I think in a islamic country not the best idea...!!!

Well, my recommendation is just not to go to this hotel. It should not be rated as a 5 Star hotel at all. Go to other hotels e.g. The Palace Old town or the Adress Hotel. Really lovely hotels, there you get what you pay for!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bet T
Dear Bet T,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us.

As previosly mentioned in our communication, I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expecations during your stay with us and that we were not able to recitify your challenges to your satisfcation while you were here.

I would like to assure you that I have shared and discussed your comments in detail with our Management Team in order for this not to be repeated in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great hotel and fantastic facilities having stayed there many many times. Problems is that unlike many other resort hotels is has an agreement with the just about every airline going to Dubai for their crew to stay there. Whilst this should not be a problem you see in the non family areas groups of cabin crew, typically groups of 5 or 6 people per airline who do not know how to behave who have either consumed to much alcohol whilst exchange experiences with other visiting airline cabin crew. At one time I noticed first hand over 8 different airline cabin crew at the hotel at the same time. Mostly taking over the hotel swimming pool bar.

Great place but a shame about having to share it with with people who have not chosen to stay there but fully use the facilities in such a way that make the staying
there a disappointment. Most of the comments are from people who have stayed with children which which you could not fault, but if you are there either on business or as a couple get used to to sharing it with the cabin crew,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon C
Dear alex c,

Although I am happy to hear that you generally liked our facilities during your return visit, I understand that you felt disturbed while using the beach facilities.

I am sorry to hear that this has influenced your stay with us and would like to assure you that we will be working on a solution to your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to the Resort.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

On the plus side, the interior facilities are perfectly nice and the food is good. Otherwise, this property fell short of what I expect from Westin. The beach is sandwiched between a bridge and a marina, and has an unpleasant view of drab Palm Jumeira highrises. The swimming pool has large exposed pipes that ruin the high-end illusion. The included wi-fi service is like using dial-up. The worst, though, is staff attention to guest needs.

The front desk staff assured me I had a non-smoking room when I checked in, but the room reeked of smoke and had a hotel ashtray in it. When I returned to the desk, staff insisted it had been aired out. I eventually got another room, which was heavily perfumed (perhaps to hide an underlying odor?)

On my third night, a hotel bar upstairs from my room was very loud. I called the front desk, where a woman said she would look into it. Nothing happened. Half an hour later, I got dressed and went upstairs to ask at the club myself. The night manager said he would deal with it. It got a little quieter (not much) for less than 5 minutes. The front desk called and said "It's OK now, right?" I responded that it wasn't great--I could still hear the noise, though it was a little quieter. "I'm glad it's OK. Good night." Not 5 minutes later, the music got very loud again. I called the front desk and said that if they weren't going to keep it down, I would like another room so I could get some sleep. She said she'd see what she could do. Over an hour later, I again went to the desk because I'd heard nothing. The man I spoke with investigated, and the woman I'd spoken with claimed I had said everything was fine. I eventually got another room, and the night manager offered me a complimentary car to the airport as an apology.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Frequent_Flier_Girl
Dear Frequent_Flier Girl,

I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us and I would like to assure you that we take all our guest comments very serioulsy.

Please accept my apology. I have shared your comments with our Executive Team so that we can further improve our services and avoid guest dissatisfaction in the future.

With best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2012, in an ocean view room. The views were simply stunning.

The hotels choice of food was endless. You could pretty much have any cuisine during your stay here. Each food station would have the local chef from that cuisine behind the counter to give it that authentic taste. Eg if it was Indian food, then the food will have been prepared and cooked by an Indian chef, Chinese from a Chinese chef etc.

You can see why there are so many return customers coming back to the hotel. We will be one of those added to the endless list of names!

Room Tip: Get a Ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeeten P
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear JeetenP,

thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Resort and Dubai.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the offerings of our Blue Orange Restaurant, where we serve a lavish breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet every day and that you enjoyed the facilities of your room.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future as well!