“Eid Holiday Break”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #53 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
“Eid Holiday Break”
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

We decided to take a break in Dubai for the Eid Holiday. Having previously lived in Dubai, we know the Westin well and have frequented the Barasti bar. However we have never stayed at the Westin.

The rooms are large and well appointed. We dined in the Hunter Grill room one night, which was excellent. The staff were friendly and efficient and the hotel is well-located to get out and about in Dubai.

Breakfast is normally served up to 10.30am and we found that towards the end of the breakfast period i.e. between 10-10.30am there were large queues at the cooking stations, particularly for eggs/omelettes.

All-in-all an excellent hotel and will probably stay there on our next visit to Dubai.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lanzarote7
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear Lanzarote7,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent vacation experience with us over the Eid period.It is great to see that you chose our resort as your destination in Dubai, especially as you have previously lived here.

Please rest assured that we will review your comments about Blue Orange Restaurant as it does get quite busy sometimes just before closing. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal in Hunter's Room & Grill.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Stewart Selbie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Recently held a corporate training event at the hotel for around 60 people and was pleasantly surprised at the service provided. The setup and facilities in the conference room were top notch with the great idea of "Clutter Free Desks" - all stationary was kept at the back of the room instead of the desks. A simple yet clever idea most hotels dont get when organising a meeting of such nature. The corporate package was reasonably priced for a 5* hotel. The event lasted the whole day with 3 breaks including the lunch. The 2 coffee breaks had a great selection of canapés and kept the guys going thru the day. The lunch however was another story. It was brilliant. Being a vegetarian I usually hit brick walls when the food comes into play. However the spread was vast and catered to choosiest of eaters - like me.

Definitely recommend the property for corporate and holidays. Will be looking to hold the next event there.

Room Tip: Didnt use the room but the conference services are definitely worth trying
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank meherish
Dear meherish,

thank you for your kind comments about your recent meeting experience with us.

It is great to read that our Banqueting & Events Team was able to cater to your requirements as they have and that you enjoyed our Westin "Clutter Free Meeting" concept.

Please rest assured that I have also passed your comments to our Culinary Team in Blue Orange Restaurant.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future be it for Leisure or another corporate event!

London
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I'm not one to rate anything 5 star normally as I think there is always room for improvement, but when it comes to the Westin a "4 Star very good" just didn't feel right. Is there room for improvement, yes there is, but the level of service we got was just amazing.

On check in being a family of four the hotel ensured we got a room with 2 king size beds, oh and there really are very comfortable beds.

On a half board package, we were given an option of when to use our daily allowance, either for lunch or dinner. I last stayed at this hotel when it opened some years ago and I did feel there was a smaller selection on offer for both breakfast and\or lunch but the food was still excellent.

An improvement here could be the hotel gives you vouchers to use so that you have the flexibility of using two on one day and none on another should you plan long excursions away from the hotel.

The staff at this hotel are excellent, friendly, helpful and get things done when you need something. Rooms were cleaned well, ongoing maintenance was non disruptive and a special mention for the staff in the kids club who kept my daughter very well entertained on her occasional visit there. (ps. Its a free kids club unlike some other hotels, Atlantis anyone!! )

The gym in the Westin is "compact" but has a good range of equipment along but can seem crowded if there are more than 6-8 people using it (which only happened once in my week long stay). The facilities also have a steam room, sauna and a spa so all bases covered. If you really do feel the need for a larger range of activities or machines to use then you also have free access to the gym of the sister hotel next door which is a couple of minutes walk away. Oddly enough fitness classes were not available over the summer months and resume in September. One other point to make is some of equipment is probably in need of updating compared to lets say the Madinat, but that's really a minor point..

The beach is clean and has a water sports centre, the pools are well managed and supervised. The kids pool could probably do with an upgrade, maybe some more slides and water fountains etc but on the whole was ok. There is a pool with lanes for the early morning swimmers and a lazy river style pool with pool bar so something for everyone.

When visiting Dubai I like a good balance in my accommodation between food, service, room quality and a little bit of peace and quiet. This hotel ticks all the boxes.. If you want a carnival environment where staff and visitors are running around like headless chickens try the Atlantis.

The Westin ensures when you are checking out you feel like you really wanted to stay longer. Most certainly a hotel I would recommend and visit again.

Room Tip: I had a sea view room on the 7th floor on the right side of the hotel when looking from the rear. L...
1 Thank nabz72
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear nabz72,

thank you for taking your time on posting your feedback about your recent family vacation with us!

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time ar out Resort and it is especially rewarding to read that our associates were able to assist you along the way.

Rest assured that I have noted your valuable feedback on various areas in the hotel and we will certainly discuss them within our Teams.

I hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family and I have just returned from a two week holiday at the Westin Mina Seyahi hotel. We were very happy with our stay. The staff were excellent, friendly and efficient. They went out of their way to give good service.
We had a Deluxe sea view room with two queen size beds and a large balcony. There were three of us, myself my husband and our fifteen year old daughter and we had plenty of space and it was very quiet. Something I was worried about.
We were on a half board deal with Virgin. There was some confusion at the end of our stay with the bill. Half board consists of breakfast at the Blue Orange restaurant and either lunch or dinner, at the same restaurant. Half board means breakfast free and dinner or lunch you have a 165 dirham allowance for food. This was never explained to us. We think it was all sorted, but it caused some confusion for both the Westin staff at Reception and us.
The food at the Blue Orange was lovely and changed every day.It was always hot and plentiful.
The pool areas and beach are extremely good and well maintained. The water sports area on the beach was great ,well run by very friendly staff. The only gripe we had was the constant chain smoking from some of the other residents. They have an adult only area, I think the hotel should think about a non smoking area too,.
I would recommend this hotel to people who like a fairly quiet relaxing holiday.It is a very comfortable and relaxing hotel. You can't walk outside the hotel at the moment, as there are some major road works taking place. No noise though.It is easy and cheap to get taxis every where and they are also air conditioned. We were in Dubai in August , when it is very hot and humid, so we waited until the evening to go out.
A fantastic evening that I can recommend is the visit to the Burj Khalifa, the Worlds tallest building. I booked on line before my visit. We chose 6.30 pm so we had sunset and Dubai at night, It is a quarter of the price. The Burj Khalifa is in the beautiful Dubai Mall worth a trip on its own and outside every half an hour there is a fountain show to music , like the one outside the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
We had a fabulous family holiday with lots of great photographs and happy memories.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe sea view room on the 3rd floor. It was extremely quiet and had a large balcony. Not...
4 Thank thejessies
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear thejessies,

thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us in August.

It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found the relaxation you were looking for in this holiday.

Please rest assured that I will pass your kind comments to our associates and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Just returned fom an eight day holiday with the family and the Westin compares with anything else and indeed exceeds most of the other hotels I have stayed in on my previous nine visits to Dubai. Arrived at 8.30am in the morning with check in not due until the afternoon but immediately offered a complimentary breakfast followed by the room being provided an hour or so later. Ibrahim and Awais on reception like all the staff throughout the hotel were courteous and helpful while Sam and his colleagues in the Pengin club were exemplary with the kids.
Bedrooms are great for a family of four with plenty of space and a nice balcony and the location is great being close to JBR, the Marina and the Mall of Emirates.
We were on a half board package and ate mainly in the orange blue restaurant and the food and service here is outstanding. Having previously stayed next door at the Mina Seyahi we were aware of the excellent outdoor facilities the Westin shares with its neighbour and again these were impeccably maintained with plenty of pools for adult and kids alike. Only slight gripes would be the outdated kids club which is in need of refurbishment and the high prices for kids drinks at the pool bars.(we paid 96 dirhams - about £18 for basically 3 'slush puppy' type drinks)
This withstanding I wold have no hesitation in booking the Westin again and would strongly recommend it for a family break.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hibah M
Dear Hibah M,

thank you for posting your feedback about your very recent stay with us at The Westin after you have visisted our sister property Le Meridien Mina Seyahi before.

We always try and accomodate our guests arriving prior to our check in time, especially when travelling with children. I am delighted to see that we were able to accomodate your requirements upon your arrival with us.

It is great to see that our associates in the Penguin CLub and around the Resort were able to make your stay with us memorable and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

kent
Reviewed 30 August 2012

brilliant hotel,staff great and the kids club was fantastic and a special thank you to Sam and his wonderfull team.I have never been to hotel where the staff are so dedicated.The westin hotel should be proud of its team but especially proud of the kids staff.I have one happy child with some wonderfull memories
food was brilliant well catered for ,a massive variety.

2 Thank kay021
Dear kay021,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent family vacation with us.

I am glad to hear that you and your son have left us with fond memories of your time spend in the Resort and with our associates.

Please rest assured that I will pass your comments especially to Sam and the team in the Penguin Club.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Essex
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have just spent a fantastic week with our two young boys at this fabulous hotel and would thoroughly recommend it. After a great flight on emirates, we arrived late in the evening and was very impressed with the smooth check in and general service of the staff. We were accompanied to our super deluxe room on the ground floor and it was amazing. We had a quick late dinner at the Blue Orange restaurant and knew we were not going to have any complaints about the food. I cant say enough about the quality and choice of food on offer, it was well above average. We stayed half board and enjoyed some fantastic meals. In conclusion: the rooms are superb - the cleaners are so thorough, the grounds immaculate, the pool scene gorgeous (tons of sunbeds - no 7am rush), the food amazing, the staff amazing....and the sea is like bath water! We liked the position of the hotel too, its central for the Dubai Marina, Jumeriah Beach Walk, the Burj Al Arab and the Atlantis.
The boys enjoyed 2 visits to the AquaAventure park at the Atlantis, which is brilliant, and also a visit to the Wild Wadi Water Park. This park was good but packed solid with groups of Saudi men who were obviously celebrating the end of Ramadan. We also went up the Burj Khalifa tower (book online before you go - its so much cheaper) and had high tea at the Burj Al Arab which I can highly recommend. We also took a walk around Dubai Marina and JBR Walk and visited the fabulous Dubai Mall and watched the water fountains.
It was ridiculously hot but hey....thats what its all about. We loved the Westin and would not consider anywhere else!!!!

Room Tip: No tips - just go!! Its all great.
1 Thank welovefrance22
Dear welovefrance7,

thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to explore Dubai and its various attractions during the time that you were here.

Please rest assured that I will pass your comments to our associates and I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back for another rejuvenating stay with us in the future.