“Excellent service”

Ranked #59 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've stayed in Dubai many times and decided to try something new on this visit. I wanted to be close to the Marina as I was attending the Dubai Boat Show, and so the Westin was a good location choice as it is virtually next door. I had taken advantage of their pre pay offer and booked an executive room with balcony, with Club facilities, as appeared to be very good value, and paid a couple of weeks in advance. This came with an airport pick up, and my driver was there waiting as I arrived from Heathrow on an Emirates A380, at around 8pm. Check in was swift and I was taken to my room, whereupon it was explained to me that they currently had no balcony rooms available, and I would be moved to my correct room the following day. Having pre booked and paid weeks in advance of my arrival, I found this to be unacceptable and called the duty manager to discuss that after a long day of travelling, all I wanted to do was unpack and go to bed and not have to worry about re packing the next day and changing rooms. He was incredibly helpful and after explaining my facts he said he would investigate and call me back within five minutes. He did, and was incredibly apologetic and said that a porter was on route to move me immediately to an executive suite with balcony at no extra cost and that I could have the suite for the whole week stay. This is how to be treated, and I commend the duty manager for acting so quickly and to make such a good decision for a happy guest experience! This was to be the only glitch in a week, and I cannot find fault with the hotel in any way. The room was comfortable, the staff without exception were always polite and helpful, and the food was very good throughout my stay. One observation would be to perhaps consider a slightly wider selection of food in the 6-8 pm executive lounge, as I have stayed at other hotels where the executive lounge selection has been considerably better. The pool area was attended by many staff, all of whom were on the ball with noticing you for any drinks and food you required during the day. The beach is 'OK', but with lots of sharp shells and on my visit, lots of washed up jelly fish, which I felt staff could have been regularly clearing up during the day. (I did peep over the rocks to the neighbouring One and Only Hotel, and noticed their beach was being continually cleaned of shells and jelly fish all day).. Small point. I liked the separate grass and pool area for adults only, as not all of us want to hear children all day. I appreciate this is definitely a child friendly, family hotel and therefore a good idea to have a separate area for adults without children. Same cannot be said for the main restaurant however, where children have a free for all. Also of the executive lounge, where I was surprised to see and hear children? I am not anti-children, but my preference would be to have an adult only executive lounge, rather than a 'family' section of the same lounge. Overall, I believe the Westin is a very well run large resort hotel, which I would recommend to my friends with children for sure. If you are a couple or single and don't mind children, then I'd also recommend the Westin. I cannot think of anything which would stop me returning to this hotel, and now I know it quite well, I would recommend a balcony executive floor room, (or suite), on the western side as you look at the hotel from the beach, as these get the most sunshine and sunset. A very good hotel and very well managed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel as you look at it from the beach get the most of the late aftern...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank londondubailondon
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear joco48,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience.
It is especially nice to hear that all our associates made you feel welcome and at ease, which is something that we always strive for.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back later in the year!
Tolga S. Lacin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 11 March 2014

without any shadow of a doubt, from our point of view this is the best hotel in Dubai. we have stayed at many of the beach and city hotels and nothing can really compare, especially with the service we received from walking in the door to leaving. The staff are superb, really wanting to please-not just a smile with nothing behind. had not stayed at a Westin before but, if this is a reflection of the standard will in future be top of the list. room superb, breakfast room perfect pools and beach just what you need to relax. cant think of anything negative to say and it seems unfair to think negative. thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joco48
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear joco48,
It is great to read that our associates were able to make you feel welcome during your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just wanted to let you know that the brunch here is extremely expensive and quite bland. Visited last week and found that the drink service was very slow and several food stations ran out of food half way through the brunch. It was not pleasant when security asked guests to leave just after 4.00 even if they hadn't finished their food/drinks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear nrkmum,
Many thanks for sharing your comments about your recent experience at our Bubbalicious Friday Brunch. I am sorry to hear that you found the brunch to be expensive and were not satisfied by the speed of the service. We keep adding food on all the buffets until the end of the brunch, but due to the amount of guests attending, it is possible to experience a delay.
I hope your experience will not stop you from visiting the resort again and possibly try other restaurants and bars located in the property.
Best regards,
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

If you want to be waken up one hour to early (0450!), have the laundry from somebody else delivered, the laundry service investigating your room whilst you just come out of a shower to find a "bag of panties" that they've lost somehow, if you want to have an executive lounge where everyone can go in beach outfit (forget about quietness and calm) and where the glass cover of the tables are protecting the rests of a week of breakfast (really filthy !!!) just go there ..... And for sure don't expect someone to apologize. So good hardware that suffers from its management ??

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us in The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi.
I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations and that there were various challenges you have encountered during your stay, for which I would like to apologize.
Please rest assured that we take all our guest comments seriously and I have discussed your comment with our Management Team in order to improve our general guest experience in the future.
Should you with to return to Dubai, please contact us directly and we will be delighted to assist.
Best regards,
Tolga S. Lacin,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Dubai for 5 nights in early march and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff are fantastic and helpful, food is great, pools and beach are clean and tidy. We had a executive sea view room which was well worth the extra money. The free bar is great for pre diner drinks!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Omj1980
Dear Omj1980,
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here in early March for 3 nights having looked at at other hotels, I choose this one due its locality and amenities within the area.

Having stayed at various DXB hotels, this one has to be one of the very best, not for the grandeur, rooms, pools, restaurants etc (which are all great) but for the pure genuine service that me and my wife received throughout our stay. Amazing considering the hotel was at 100% capacity due to the Dubai Boat Show.

We had a truly personal service from most of the team (in particular tall Dutch lady and Karim, on the front desk), who displayed great personal service towards their guests, exactly what a hotel needs to show.

The room's were clean, free wi-fi, good amenities included, good mini bar choice and a great bed!

The day rooms that are provided for guests who have checked out and waiting for a few hours before their flight are very good and are best I have seen in any DXB hotel.

Overall the hotel is perfect, not over the top and not too 3 star. The pool area, beach, beach bar's are good with fantastic views of the palm and JBR. Not crowded and noisy.

Outside the hotel are roadworks which cause traffic jams, particularly on Thursday/Friday evenings. Draw back to this is not the noise (there wasn't any) but the extra wait for taxis. Walk out of the hotel across the road and hail one, which will cut the waiting time by 15 minutes.

Hotel is perfectly located for JBR The Walk and Dubai Marina. Dubai Mall, airport, etc about 40 minutes away.

Note for the management - Minus points for having to see the same empty glasses/used room service trays outside of guests rooms for three consecutive days, a pure let down for guest who have an eye for attention to detail ;)

I will return to the hotel in the future as it ticked all the boxes. Keep up the great wok!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the sea view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beenieman101
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Beenieman76,
We are looking forward to welcoming you back later in the year!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This property is absolutely a gem:
The location, the rooms, the food, the service, everything is the best.
The only downside was that the hotel does not award SPG points when we stayed. Maybe they have changed the policy since. Otherwise, it's a great hotel to go for business and pleasure.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the ocean view. Definitely worthwhile.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family