I've stayed in Dubai many times and decided to try something new on this visit. I wanted to be close to the Marina as I was attending the Dubai Boat Show, and so the Westin was a good location choice as it is virtually next door. I had taken advantage of their pre pay offer and booked an executive room with balcony, with Club facilities, as appeared to be very good value, and paid a couple of weeks in advance. This came with an airport pick up, and my driver was there waiting as I arrived from Heathrow on an Emirates A380, at around 8pm. Check in was swift and I was taken to my room, whereupon it was explained to me that they currently had no balcony rooms available, and I would be moved to my correct room the following day. Having pre booked and paid weeks in advance of my arrival, I found this to be unacceptable and called the duty manager to discuss that after a long day of travelling, all I wanted to do was unpack and go to bed and not have to worry about re packing the next day and changing rooms. He was incredibly helpful and after explaining my facts he said he would investigate and call me back within five minutes. He did, and was incredibly apologetic and said that a porter was on route to move me immediately to an executive suite with balcony at no extra cost and that I could have the suite for the whole week stay. This is how to be treated, and I commend the duty manager for acting so quickly and to make such a good decision for a happy guest experience! This was to be the only glitch in a week, and I cannot find fault with the hotel in any way. The room was comfortable, the staff without exception were always polite and helpful, and the food was very good throughout my stay. One observation would be to perhaps consider a slightly wider selection of food in the 6-8 pm executive lounge, as I have stayed at other hotels where the executive lounge selection has been considerably better. The pool area was attended by many staff, all of whom were on the ball with noticing you for any drinks and food you required during the day. The beach is 'OK', but with lots of sharp shells and on my visit, lots of washed up jelly fish, which I felt staff could have been regularly clearing up during the day. (I did peep over the rocks to the neighbouring One and Only Hotel, and noticed their beach was being continually cleaned of shells and jelly fish all day).. Small point. I liked the separate grass and pool area for adults only, as not all of us want to hear children all day. I appreciate this is definitely a child friendly, family hotel and therefore a good idea to have a separate area for adults without children. Same cannot be said for the main restaurant however, where children have a free for all. Also of the executive lounge, where I was surprised to see and hear children? I am not anti-children, but my preference would be to have an adult only executive lounge, rather than a 'family' section of the same lounge. Overall, I believe the Westin is a very well run large resort hotel, which I would recommend to my friends with children for sure. If you are a couple or single and don't mind children, then I'd also recommend the Westin. I cannot think of anything which would stop me returning to this hotel, and now I know it quite well, I would recommend a balcony executive floor room, (or suite), on the western side as you look at the hotel from the beach, as these get the most sunshine and sunset. A very good hotel and very well managed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Dubai Westin