My family and I have just returned back from a week at this hotel. I have to say I am left with nothing but praise for the standard of the hotel, the quality, and the overall service.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. We had asked for two rooms close together - this was difficult for the hotel as they were full. We were ushered to a temporary facility so we could relax and begin our holiday. We were massively early having arrived on a night flight from the U.K. The room contained very nice sofas and massage chairs - a very nice facility. There were even thoughtfully placed showers so we could freshen up.
Khalid on reception did a great job later in the day finding us two room close together in a quiet part of the hotel (236 & 237).
On entering the rooms you could feel the apparent luxury a spaciousness of the room. The bed is one of the best I have had the pleasure to sleep in. It is massive also. The room was very well appointed and very roomy. The bathroom had a bath, shower, toilet facilities all en suite. A very nice start.
Throughout the week Hani did an excellent job in servicing both of he rooms. This guy delivered exceptional levels of service. The hotel placed a birthday cake in both rooms as my wife and daughter were both celebrating special birthdays. A very welcome, and nice touch. We also had fruit delivered on one of the days.
We had a half board package. He orange and Blue restaurant is were this largely takes place. The quality and variety of foods as top notch. I never struggled to find something of interest be it Indian, Asian, or something more exotic. The chef making the naan breads is an absolute craftsman - some of the best I have eaten (small point -but important to mention) The restaurant never seemed crowded despite the hotel being busy.
The pool area is very nice. Essentially two pool side bars connected by a lazy river - quite extensive. There is a proper pool with lanes for the dedicated. There is an adults only area for a bit of peace and quiet. Kids seem to be well accommodated for also. As an ex life guard I was impressed by the attentive and ample life guarding team. The bars offered a nice selection at reasonable prices. The alcohol was essentially at big city prices - say c£6 for a pint of branded lager. Not bad considering where we were. Service at the pool side was attentive and exemplary - my wife burnt mildly and the staff made a every effort to find her shade. They also offered treatment if she was uncomfortable. Despite being really hot there was plenty of shade.You could access the beach and the sea via he hotels private beach. Very nice - bath hot sea with a very interesting backdrop. Also a good view of both the Atlantis and the Birj Al Arab hotels.
The concierge were excellent also. Marshalling the very reasonably priced taxis and looking after restaurant bookings for you. We didn't get around to trying the other restaurants on site, so I cannot comment about these. Supposed to be good though.
The only negatives I have are:
1) Construction noise in the morning - some heavy drilling. Not sure what this actually was.
2) Smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor near our room (but limited to that location)
3) Roadworks at the front of the property lead to traffic jams in the evening and extended taxi rides (more a time issue than a cost one. This issue isn't the hotel fault, but it would be improper if I didn't mention it.
Despite stating the above I would thoroughly commend this hotel if your are looking for a very relaxing Dubai break.
Thanks to all of the staff who worked so hard to make our stay enjoyable. Until the next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Destinology, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Westin