“Very special break”

Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa
Ranked #46 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a great time in Sofitel The Palm, Dubai. Very relaxed mid week. Friendly staff, excellent food. We had a perfect dinner at the seafood restaurant. Impressive variety of food at breakfast.
Staff is keen to ensure you enjoy your stay at the hotel. Facilities are top quality. If you are used to do your daily work out: The fitness is excellent as well.

1  Thank Steven P
C-Schnyder, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed all our resort has to offer, specially our sea food restaurant, breakfast selection and fitness facilities.

Your comments on regards of our friendly and helpful staff are highly appreciated and extremely encouraging.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sofitel The Palm Dubai.

Sincerely Yours,

C.Schnyder

Reviewed 14 November 2013

After staying the in the Sofitel in Marrakech we decided to give Sofitel the palm a go. We spend 10 days in Dubai every year and we are very proficient in the luxury hotel offering. We normally stay in Jumeirah beach but we this time we wanted somewhere quieter and peaceful.
We booked a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment was big and well furnished, but technical problems such as malfunctioning of the air conditioning took the hotel 4 days to fix. Cleaning team was good and staff helpful.
One of the mistakes we made was to book half board. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!. The hotel gives you 175Dhr per adult to spend on tis restaurants. Let me tell you that that will not cover any main course!!!! Food is well overpriced and drink even more (which is expected in 5star hotels) but at least, they should be warned people to not bother with half board option.
I do not mind paying 5 star prices, but I felt disappointed (taken for a ride). The staff has big problems on getting the bills right at check out. It took us over 1 hour and I do not know if the bill is correct or not. It wasn’t only us. Many other customers were affected and complaining.
The ATLANTIS NEXT door has the NOBU and a pretty good steak house. Many people took that option.
In summary, not sure if we will return. Hotel Offer in Dubai is massive and Sofitel is nice, but not amazing. I felt disappointed with their half board arrangements, and sadly that takes few marks of.

Room Tip: Apartments are better option. some people prefer the PALM view. I quite enjoyed the sea view. there...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jacaranda23

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your review on tripadvisor following your stay at Sofitel The Palm, Dubai.

On behalf of my team I would like to express my sincere gratitude on regards of your compliments to our newly opened appartments and our cleaning services.

Furthering your comments of our half board, I would like to highlight that the credit we provide, is to spend in other outlets of our hotel in case you do not want to have your meal in our all day dinning restaurant, where you can enjoy a large variety of international food without any restriction.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to be of service on a different occasion should your travel plans take you to the Palm, Dubai, again.

Sincerely yours,

Sincerly yours,

C.Schnyder

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I went to the seafood restaurant last night with reasonable expectations. I really like the layout and I'm sure if there were more diners, the ambience would have been much better.. A few grumbles/suggestions;

Cucumber is a hendriks gin, not lime
The lobster "nachos" would have been better if warm
I'm surprised you have only two fish caught locally on your menu (no hammour/kingfish?)
The fish was over seasoned with salt - a great shame
The asparagus were impossible to cut with the knives provided

Overall I was disappointed. They also had the rehearsals for sound and light for tonight's opening show. It would have been nice to be warned before being seated. The high power spot lights flashing around and in the face didn't add to the overall experience. A gesture from the manager at the end of the evening, even a short apology for inconvenience would have made a difference..

Dropped into Porterhouse steak restaurant on the way out for a look. I was again surprised - only one Porterhouse in the whole menu!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dubaichap

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor following your visit of our Seafood Restaurant, Moana.

I was distressed to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations for what I sincerely apologize. Your comments have been shared with the concerned department for inmediate optimization of our services.

As an international resort and therefor restaurant, we strive to offer our guest a wide and exclusive variety of products. That been said, we believe that the option of two local fishes (Red snapper and Red mullet) is a good combination with other international choices.

On regards of the food, your opinion is extremely important as it enables us to identify and measure our strengths and weaknesses. I have taken your remarks very seriously and will use them as a platform to work on to improve our services.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 12 November 2013

great experience
great room, the bedroom apartment is really amazing.
great pools, did not get to try all of them, i keep discovering more whenever i take a walk
beach is average needs a wow factor
Maui serves the most amazing burger and nice shisha

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Buti A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us excellent feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that you had a good experience staying with us and you enjoyed all of our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Sofitel The Palm, Dubai.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just back from staying at this hotel which is relatively new. Rooms are large and well appointed with lovely colour schemes. Sea view means front of hotel Palm view means views of Dubai and Palm island.
Service a little hit and miss but they are getting there!
Perhaps it's only problem is that it is enormous so not very intimate more of a family hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kymashdown
C-Schnyder, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the tame to post your comments on tripadvisor following your stay at Sofitel The Palm Dubai.

I was happy to read that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed all of our facilities.

We would be glad to welcome you back in our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was our second visit to Sofitel The Palm, after what was honestly a disappointing first trip during their soft opening. After my last review the hotel reached out, assuring my wife and I that these problems we faced we simply teething issues, with many of the problems we faced out of their control (which having lived in the Gulf Region for almost eight years I can sympathise with) and that things had changed…and boy were they right!

So often when you write a review and feedback negative or constructive criticism, you receive the generic response from a hotel that “we thank you for your feedback and have passed on your comments to our relevant departments….”. Then when you do return you find the same issues you reported the first time around. Well I am pleased to say that the same cannot be said for the Sofitel. They clearly listened to my (rather brutal) first review and in each and every case the issue highlighted has been fully rectified.

We arrived for a three day stay last week to celebrate my wife's birthday and were taken to the most stunning room. I am guessing this was a beach suite(?) and I cannot recommend it highly enough. 180 degree views of both the beach and pool areas. Detached from the main part of the hotel so it was lovely and quiet, but close enough not to be in any way annoying. Simply stunning!

Since we were first there the beach area has been expanded, there are now an number of pools each catering for a seemingly different group – from the main pool, to one for toddlers, one for kids (including a slide) and then a quiet pool for the adults.

Breakfast has also expanded considerably and the array of choices is a good as you would hope to expect. All their restaurants are now open, however we could not help but to return to the one that was the highlight of our stay last time, The Porterhouse, which I was happy to find still serves the most amazing selection of steaks!

The staff were also extremely polite and attentive. The room was always serviced extremely quickly which is always appreciated. And while the hotel was busy, they never felt that they were unable to cope with what I was told was around 92% capacity.

Honestly, we could not get over the changes we saw this time around when compared to our first visit.

So, would we come back again….ABSOLUTELY! In fact we are looking forward to it.

My thanks must go out to both Mr Karim Shawky and Ms Izabela Kwasna who made sure we not only gave them a second chance, but also made sure that the visit was everything we hoped it would be. My thanks also to Mr Nijat who reached out to me first of all to gain further information on our experience during our first visit.

Room Tip: Go for the beach suites - the perfect blend of comfort, peace and location within the resort.
2  Thank ExpatNB
SofitelDxbPalm, Guest Experience and Quality Team at Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review and giving us the opportunity to re-create your experience with us and make a memorable one.

It gives us great pleasure to read the wonderful comments pertaining to our hotel and the services and we are encouraged even more to continue raising our service levels to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Your feedback is extremely vaulable to us and we will be sharing it with our team who are always eager to hear from our guests.

We would relish the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Dubai the Palm soon.

Yours Sincerely,