I stayed at this hotel from 06th Feb for 4 nights and booked with last minute . com and after reading the reviews was looking forward to it.
1. When we arrived 9.30am our room was not ready as it was too early which was fine and expected the same so they took our telephone number and we went off to do some early shopping. the hotel rang us about 11.30am to advise our room was ready which was great as this is still lots earlier than the normal check in.
2. I had to pay 2000 dirhams in cash as a deposit against room expenses because they could not take my debit card ,but hey ho these things happen.
3. the hotel is beautiful with a "living wall" just off the lobby, I must say very impressive. the pool area and gardens are also lovely and the pool attendants are very helpful and attentive .
4. our room (no 1170) was spacious with a fantastic bathroom and "lanvin" bathroom products. the large balcony backed onto the "crescent road" and then the sea but the road was quiet and the view of the sea was beautiful. the t.v was a 40" flat screen and had a great reception . overall I would say the room was a very good 5 star room, just one thing I thought was a little odd was the fact that although the mini bar had beer and spirits it had no wine, you had to order the wine from room service ??.
5.This is the part that really lets this hotel down in my opinion is that at night the place is like a "ghost town" . the restaurants and bars are virtually empty now this could have something to do with the fact that at about 5pm to 9pm for a bottle( yes no pints!) of beer is 45 dirhams yet in atlantis during there 3 hour happy hour its only 25! also a small glass (125ml) of white wine is 65 dirhams and in atlantis is 55 dirhams but you get two glasses for that!!. it's hard to judge what demographic this hotel is aiming for . we were advised they had 80% occupancy whilst we were there but I would advise this felt like 3% at night.
All in all a fantastic hotel but would I stay here again? now there's a question
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover why SOFITEL DUBAI THE PALM LUXURY APARTMENTS is such a superb destination for family vacations in Dubai. Adults and children alike will be thrilled by the relaxed Polynesian island theme of this luxury 5-star resort on Palm Jumeirah island. Families can vacation in a beach-side suite or villa with Gulf views. Serviced apartments suit longer stays, with kitchens, lounges and up to 3 bedrooms. Babysitting can be arranged if you fancy a night in downtown Dubai, a monorail or taxi.Amura Kids Club guarantees hours of fun for children of all ages, keeping them happy, active and safe while you indulge in well-deserved relaxation. Two of the swimming pools are exclusively for kids, who will love the slides and waterfalls. Seven restaurants and bars offer refined cuisine from around the world so there's something for every taste.Don't miss the popular Friday brunch at family-friendly Manava, which offers heaped buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Travelbag so you can book your Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palm Shoreline Apartments Hotel Dubai