“Very Very Unhappy”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #110 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I am writing this review due to my complete dissatisfaction at the service i am receiving from the Atlantis Hotel and i havent even stayed yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am due to stay at the Atlantis Hotel from 23rd July to 31st July. This will be my second stay afetr my visit for a week last summer. My complaint is the length of time people from the Atlantis take to get back to you when you e-mail them, thats if they get back to you at all. I cant tell you how many times in the last week i have e-mailed the hotel asking for somebody to call me in regards to amending my booking. I am still awaiting this call. This is not the first time this has happened as on many occasions i have e-mailed the Atlantis only to be called 3,4,5 days later. What makes things even worse is the fact i e-mailed the One and Only Hotel on the Palm yesterday to book the 101 restaurant and without a word of a lie i had an e-mail response within 3 minutes. I can honestly say that if i wasnt bringing my 14 year old daughter (with the promise of the water park at the Atlantis) i would cancel this booking in a flash. It is even more disappointing that i am a repeat booker. I am still awaiting my phone call from the Atlantis. Another gripe i have with the Atlantis is the fact they class anybody over 11 years of age as an adult and charge adult rates for this. Please let me explain. Originally i booked a twin room for myself and my partner. I then wanted to amend the booking to add my daughter onto this booking (this is the phone call i am still waiting for). Even though i will be in exactly the same room with exactly the same amounts of beds the Atlantis wants to charge me an extra £50 per night. Crazy. This is even though she will be eating and drinking at the hotel every day. Sorry to waffle on but i am extremely disappointed with the service/response i have thus far received and if it was not for my daughter insisting that she wants to stay at the Atlantis i would cancel this booking in a flash. I only hope the management at the Atlantis heed my request for a large room on a high floor with a Palm view or i can see me trying to explain to my daughter that maybe the Jumeirah beach might be a better option.

Thanks

Returning customer

Shaun Mccarthy

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank shaunymac13

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The water rides were great fun for all of us, especially exciting for our little boys. The resort is impecable, all equipment worked. The Imperial Club was an absolute winner as it offered us access to great meals, assistance with bookings for other entertainment, afternoon tea, cocktails, wi-fi access and a lovely kids club. The staff are well trained, friendly & helpful. Our suite was beautifully appointed, spacious & clean. This was a fun filled yet relaxing holiday as all amenities are within a short walking distance in the resort. If you feel the urge to escape, the shuttle service provides direct transfers to all shopping malls.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevators
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I spent a couple of days just so we could go to the water park. It's a very nice hotel but a bit too big and too packaged perhaps. The water park itself was very good. The rooms were a good size as was the bathroom and the beds were comfortable. There was a great choice in their buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Staff were generally friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We have just spent 8 days at the atlantis. We were impressed on arrival with the quality of the hotel the front of house staff, the swift check in and the 'up grade' as it was our anniversary.
Our room was on the 12th floor with a view of the pool and ocean it was spacious for two and extremely clean, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries. We appreciated the complementary water ( available each day of our stay), the mini bar was very expensive e.g a regular packet of crisps at approx. £4 a packet, similar prices for chocolate. (if you walk to the other end of the hotel where the water park is which is open to tourists their available for £1!!) The room was serviced everyday in the morning and evening and if you were in your room they would knock and ask if you required anything. (i did press my do not disturb button occasionally as sometimes it could be a bit too much, but then we had a note under the door asking when we' would like someone too make the room up although it had been!!!)
Breakfast is vast and has something for everyone. We were on a half board basis that was recommended by the travel agents, this was a good idea as it would have worked out a lot more expensive, however when we made reservations and turned up we felt like second class citizens when we looked at the menu and then they said sorry if your half board you have to have a different menu. That was our only criticism, when visiting the three restaurants open to people half board Rostang and Ronda, other than the 2 buffet restaurants Saffron and Kaleidoscope. Saffron was our favourite it has a fresh fish counter with oysters and lobster, crab and prawns, and a range of other dishes you could have a sunday roast or an indian banquet it was tasty and nice to try new things.
The weather was amazing up in the 40s the sea and the pool were like a warm bath but lovely and cool to take a dip every now and again. We especially appreciated the free lollypops that came around by the pool side and the ice cold flannels that regularly came around.
We also found it amazing that we never pushed an elevator button or opened a door whilst we were there, they have a employee at every door & every elevator they have candles lit all around the hotel every evening they take pride in attention to detail.
We spent our evenings in the cocktail bar, the cocktails were delicious we sat at the bar so we could watch them making them up my personal favourite was 'Frozen Blue Sky' and 'I love you" the staff there were friendly and there was a pianist/singer there some nights this bar had a really good vibe and atmosphere!!
We had a free bus to The Dubai Mall which was an eye opener, with stores like Jimmy Choo. Dior, Chanel and chloe to name a few. We were told to check out the Al Karama market I wouldn't recommend it at all it was like the bronx. With dirty little shops open for bartering on counterfeit goods. We were there all of 10 minutes and that was waiting for a taxi back.
Dubai had always been my dream destination and it didn't fail to impress me, i would plan to go back in a couple of years time when the palms have increased and offer us even more luxury, as the whole area is under further construction i wonder what unique ideas they will come up with next.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Me and my husband stayed here for 3 nights on our 10th Wedding Anniversary - for our honeymoon, we holidayed in the Burj Al Arab. I could not fault the Atlantis in anyway - the staff were friendly and knowledgeable, the rooms were clean and spacious, the pools were immaculate and Aquaventure is fantastic.
This is not a quiet hotel though, so if you're looking for tranquility, go the the Burj Al Arab! The Nasimi Beach bar is a lovely place to chill out in the evenings - ambient dance music and (expensive) cocktails in a great setting. Fridays by the pool is a (loud) party which goes on until 1am - it will keep your kids awake!
We stayed half board and were impressed with the quality of food and restaurants that were included - the Levantine is lovely, the staff are brilliant and the food was delicious.
I'm not a lover of buffets as often the food is poor quality, but in Kaleidescope, this was not the case - so much choice and very tasty.
I really cannot fault the hotel in any way - from check in to check out, we didn't have any problems and we will definitely return - with the kids next time!

Room Tip: some deluxe rooms have large balconies - just ask!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ninamd7814
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Where can I start with this hotel from the second we got there we were treated like royalty. The service in all aspects reception, housekeeping etc was impeccable. When we arrived our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us for free to the 19th floor with the most amazing view of the Arabian gulf. We were spolit for choice for everything. The lost chambers was intuitive and aqua-adventure the water park was just so much for fun suitable for all ages. The best thing about the palm was it's range of restaurants. Each restaurant was superb especially the mitchelin star ones like nobu and ossiano. Although pricey the level of service was next to none, especially ossiano and the view of the aquarium and the sea life was phenomenal whilst dining. There is a long stretch of beach and it is very clean although our favourite part was naisimi beach as there was food and drink available, shisha and very lively music with 4 poster beds on the beach overlooking dubai's skyline. The hotel has a number of large pools too which are all air-conditioned. The hotel is expensive!! But we thought it was totally worth it and we didn't leave it once we were there as there was loads to do and various different places to go to. We would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat but I would say one of the reasons why we experienced such a fantastic holiday here was because we travelled in off-peak season just as temperatures were beginning to hit the low 40's. We loved this type of weather and virtually every building was air conditioned. Also if you plan to see Dubai eg the malls etc the Atlantis is on the palm and was about half an hour taxi ride but the taxi fares are quite cheap compared to taxi fares here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and it was a very family friendly hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I was enjoying staying here..the room wasn't immaculate and I didn't like the way there was a hole at the top of the duvet cover on both sides but every day they changed our beds as requested...when we arrived it was very annoying as they had on file that I wanted no throw and cushions but it hadn't ben done so there was alot of waiting around for it to be sorted which wasn't great.

The room was large but there was no honeymoon upgrade..

air con was good...

There were a few marks in the shower and on the sides next to the sink but on the whole pretty clean..

The net curtain to the balcony was a little stained...

Throughout our stay the only honeymoon perk was a choc fish shape thing and some strawberries there were more perks when having dinner in the Burj al arab...

On our last night i was sat on the bed when i pulled the sheet back for my husband to get in and there was blood on the sheet next to me which completely freaked me out apparently it was the maid and they had cut themselves..

I was very upset and the barely sympathetic staff offered us a different room for the night- great except we had to be up at 4AM and it was now 12 o'clock (we were flying on to the Maldives th next morning).

the next day the reception staff acted like we should have been grateful for the upgrade!!!!

up until this the experience was good the staff around the complex are great it is just the ones involved in this incident that let the rest down.

Room Tip: Pay more!
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple