“My trip : Just Read it”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #112 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Activities there are so much to do that you’ll never feel bored. From hiring a boat or helicopter and having an awesome experience, which I recommend to just chilling and tanning.
This hotel has it all. People are polite. Service is really nice. DJs and nightclubs are just Rad. The beach is pretty clean if they just made the sand softer than everything would be cool.
They have tennis courts for yall tennis fans out there. Use it, its pretty good. Played some tennis. Good instructors. Beautiful birds around the Atlantis hotel.
The water was pretty cold in Aqua venture so I didn’t go there, I went and put my feet into the torrent areas, straight my feet got cold.
In this weather its best to tan/ lounge by the sea as the weather is not cold but at the same time it’s not extremely hot like in summer.
Tanning at the beach is good, believe me those clouds in Dubai are just like in Maldives in August, you may think that there’s clouds.. But you may get a tan or get burned if your not careful, however the burn is going to be soft and mild. Which is good even if you get burned a bit.
My back got burned when I just tanned a bit on a lounger, read a book for 45 minutes. So use a sunscreen but when I have been in August 2012, it was so hot that you need to run to the showers outside to cool down from the heat since it was extremely hot to be outside for more than a few hours.
The seawater is hot at the beginning with soft hot sand. As you swim farther it gets colder. I swam a few laps but then I couldn’t do it for fun. I challenged myself to enter, to swim 14 laps and cover myself in sand like a SpecOps soldier. By the time I did the 13 laps and going to do the 4, my muscles were so cramped up, crying from the pain from the cold water. But I did the 14 lap and survived, I read that’s its all mental toughness.
Perhaps the water isn’t cold to some. Maybe I am more used to living in warm climates, never experienced cold. Completely forgot, when you tan or you are by the pool, the staff can give some icy things like frozen ices with flavors such as strawberry, cola and mango not ice cream.
One thing I did not like was the construction in dolphin bay area. Before in August 2012 I would visit it every single day but because of the construction noise I just visited it for like 4 times in my 7 days stay. The staff said that’s its some kind of extension; imagine if there’s a slide like in Bahamas Atlantis, the one with two slides so people can race at same time. That would be cool .
We will just have to wait and see.

Restaurants:
Plato’s : The first time I visited it in Aug 2010, it was Mind blowing. Then I Visited it in Dec 2010 still stayed at the top. 2011 came. Still good. 2012 Horrible.
Why, you may ask? I’ll tell you. Well first the tea before came in an English set with the mesh net that stopped the leaves from entering your teacup. Just pure elegance. English style. No comments and doubts about that. Then in 2012 they introduced, new teapots that are china but they have those reflective metallic teapots that act as insulators, keeping the teapot normal temperature. Now I would say that’s ok, if you’ve got kids and went to Plato’s and is a bit worried about the spilling…etc. the metallic teapot is good and safe to be around children BUT the whole idea of an afternoon tea is that its an experience, not just drinking a tea in a teapot. If you read history books, Russians and British Aristocrats and Dukes, Kings, duchess, queens. They not only bought the best china in the town, no they had the exclusive teapots, then they invited their guests and drank tea. You might say what’s so special, well as most common people and lower class they drank tea yes the same BUT they did not have the beautiful art on china, the teapots were not china as well and they were simple made and maybe low costly done.
So whilst I expect from Atlantis to think about the safety, having originality, class and sticking to it is just WOW and needed.

Seafire : One lady manager, to protect names. Was very sweet and nice. She was just professional and I could say very kind. The man manager, a guy in 40s was perhaps quite average . Jumping to tables randomly asking people, joking… The usual stuff. But she was just pro, I could recommend this restaurant and just say wow this manager know how to do her job. Then I visited again in Dec 2012, Now. The manager woman was on leave or fired. Don’t know. The new women manager, tall women with cold eyes, total horrible. Not only she’s horrible, never smiles, walks around and just says ‘’ how was the food ‘’ and you reply over your teeth ‘’ it was good when it wasn’t ‘’. Well why I don’t to tell her its bad because A) she’s not going to understand and listen and it will be a useless timeless wasting conversation. Just let it skip. So the woman was doing the job horribly. Now remember this is my 16th time visiting this restaurant during the trips, as I loved it before. A waiter before, short, bald and dark skinned. Acting like when you visit you should order everything, starting from starters to desserts. No complaints against him, just loves his job and he’s doing pretty good, he services pretty decent. Wines are expensive and I just don’t drink as I do lots of sports, not good for me…
I ordered not ATLANTIS BEEF but American Angus beef. Well let me tell you, order it and you will be sorry. Truly it’s disgusting. Seriously. The meat was thick, lot of fats on the side and wow just heavy. Atlantis beef on the other hand is just so normal and good. Tasty sirloin.
Finished my food, took a check. Every time got a lollipop style dessert for free. Not this time. Ok I thought. Exited. The ladies at the front, said come back and thank you. Yeah sure after such service and Angus beef. Nope they lost their customer.

Ronda Locatelli : Dear Ronda, I don’t know where to start but I am going to start somewhere. This is just life I guess. After countless wonderful visits to this restaurant that made me smile when I paid the check and exited. I had a shock. It happened in 2011. This waiter small, short, with a badly speaking Italian accent as well as his English accent, poor knowledge, cocky and just stupid. The waiter just wanted to impress us by not writing his order that we gave him. Boy, we waited for food. Suddenly a dish comes that not only it looked horrible.
Certain ingredients in the dish might have given me allergies IF for example I have eaten it. He brought the dish to the table. I looked, stunned, how the heck did this happen? I didn’t order this food??? I’m like ok, lets talk to the waiter. The waiter came to us, we said that’s its not our order. He’s like no, you ordered this . Now wait a minute, can there be a person with so much stupidity that he’s going to order a food that he doesn’t like and contains several ingredients that he may have an allergy from and I am going to pay for this ?
SO we told we ordered spaghetti not this plate. He paused, then remembered and said “ OH I am so sorry I forgot, let me bring you the new food that you want ” .
But he didn’t remove this plate and strictly speaking, I don’t care who the manager is, after all he’s just a worker and his job in a restaurant is to make everyone happy and to keep the situation under control and like a man shaves his beard with a razor “to keep everything smooth”. Now the manager lost it. He walked and talked to his second manager colleagues . At the same time, keeping a distance from my table but gradually starring at it from time to time. Ok they have the nerve I thought.. After some time they brought me the food, the spaghetti, removed the truffles with meat ( the plate that I didn’t order )
Ate it but did not enjoy the atmosphere, the food and staff. Just hated it!! Why you may ask? Well because clients are important and what’s more important is that old clients are more reliable then new ones !! That’s what professor’s stress to business students. Got out from this restaurant, a bit mad.
I tried giving them chances, you know like you would say the restaurants good they messed up but they can make up to it. Well you wont believe it but I had 2 more incidents with them.
My second was I ordered a fugillini salad, got heart attack literally instead seriously. The salad was old, congealed, cold and quickly brought it to our table after we ordered it.
Another women manager, I showed a picture of the salad that I ate in Dec 2010, this is Dec 2011 now. Wow she just made me angrier and a bit bonkers. She said, give me your phone with the photo and Ill give it the chef in the kitchen at the back. Now not to sound naïve or something or being a tool, but phones have some sensitive information and handing it and giving to an unknown person is not a thing I do. Showing the picture of the salad to the chef, what good is that. That’s just Bull. The Chef could repeat every single meal, after all he’s a pro. She could just delete it.. No one knows. No proof. Right ?
Now the second incident, which was in Dec 2012, we ordered a pasta, in the menu written a bit spicy. It was spicy like hell, called the waiter. I literally asked him why was it so spicy. The waiter made a dumb face, talked like a fool said that it was spicy and its in the menu written about it. OK I said Whiskey Tango Fox. Cant argue with idiots can I ? Now as a person I like spicy, but Tabasco spicy on my plate with pasta? Is this sane ?
Another waiter comes up to our table, randomly and starts saying thing. Thing is I never saw a waiter who didn’t service me and had the gut to come to my table and act like a manager or some whacko. The waiter was an Egyptian, young with short hair.
Wait and this is 2 star Michelin restaurant, 2 stars is not easy to get. It’s hard. And they treat customers this way? And what about their staff, at first it was Italian and now it feels like it’s some cheap New York restaurant across the block in Harlem or Brooklyn. Not kidding, No Need To.
Ohh the fun part, the waiter should be sacked for this attitude and for mixing up the dishes. Funny thing is He became a manager! Is this real?
Giorgio locatelli, if you read this, please act, your restaurant is falling apart. Many other reviewers say that Ronda is average, is this real for 2 stars Michelin?

Nobu : Expensive, likewise excellent choice to take friend to, dates, or just casual fun. Very tasty, black cods are awesome, sushi is excellently prepared and they have an outdoor sitting area and tables with real live vegetables like tomatoes and many herbs. Amazing and stunning.

Kaleidoscope: Good food selection at breakfast, staff is polite. Food is nice. No bad reviews, None, there cant be.

Saffron : Went for dinner, amazing. Asian food is wow. Worth a visit. Amazing service. Chinese, Indian and Japanese foods are WOW. TRULY SAFFRON, YOUR FOOD IS YUMMY !!

Christmas shop: In the west section of Atlantis, they have a Christmas shop its really good. The candies are tasty.
The whole shop is literally made from sweets.

Watersports: Kayaks, boat ride. Knee-boarding. Wake-boarding. You name it. They even have paddle boarding.. How cool is that!!

Lost chambers: Aquarium is fun, big and cool.

Rooms are clean, big and quite comfortable.

Thanks for reading till the end, that’s my end of review. Now judge for yourself.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Fernando M

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Ok, some hotels claim a 5 star status but this one is 5 star plus!! Spent 6 nights here for a recent christmas break and boy was it the best decision ever. The size of the hotel some 1500 rooms is probably the best I have ever stayed. From the service of the greeting staff to the room service people, nothing and I mean nothing is too much for them. The ocean facing room was enormous and the facilities were like being back home. We only ate in a couple of times as we were also visiting family, but give The Edge a try for a Mexican meal with a twist, and say a big hi and thanks to Sagar Shetty what a fantastic waiter and had great knowledge of everything to do and see in the area. The Royal beach with it's white sand and comfy sunbeds were a real blessing after all the walking around the Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates.

Everything about this hotel says "CLASS" and and we had a look around the other hotels but this hotel was a tourist attraction without being Disney! If I had one minor point it would be the constant Helicopters taking off from the Hellpad which is connected to the hotel, very noisey all day everyday. But this aside, if you are thinking of going then BOOK IT NOW!! Enjoy Dubai and it's friendly people.

Room Tip: Choose room facing entrance side for watching the world go by below.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CostaMan
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Without a doubt, this is one of the best hotels in Dubai, specifically if you are with family, or as a group. Family wise, the kids (and grown kids) loved the beach (mostly the pools), the calmness of it, the relaxation.

For the younger kids, Atlantis has it's own waterpark, which is a few minutes walk away from the hotel. Apart from the beach, there are great water activities that all can enjoy. These obviously won't be the best worldwide, but there were quite a few options of swimming with dolphins, and the snorkeling, although small, was very fun for kids and adults alike.
Another good thing is that the hotel boasts a wide array of good restaurants: Nobu, Ossiano to say the least. Other restaurants weren't as great, but still good.

Mostly, this is an excellent place for family time!

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the pool are probably the best...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Oliver_Zeitoun
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We recently stayed here as a family with three small children (5,3 and 1) and it was amazing. The surroundings are like a fairytale, everything is catered for and we had the best time ever. Kids are taken into account everywhere and you are made to feel very welcome. We will definitely go back again!

Room Tip: We got upgraded to one of the top suites which was amazing!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stopped over 2 nights on way from Australia to USA. This hotel is a luxurious delight with superb service levels. We were offered at check in a discounted upgrade to a club room - I had checked this out online before hand and decided not to spend the extra $ however at check in the offer could not be refused and BOY was it worth it - higher location, club room food, cocktails access. Our room overlooked the aquarium with amazing evening views of the many fish swimming around, day was great as well but evening was amazing.

The hotel complex itself is an exploration enjoyment with so many interesting parts to it, multiple pool areas and front side beach relaxation, as well as hotel sections, we quietly walked around the winding garden pathways and instantly relaxed and enjoyed. Poolside overlooking the beach was heaven - I wish I was back there.

Our only minor disappointing was the spa facilities were gender segregated - but hey it is in UAE so different culture different 'rules':-)

The hotel runs free buses into city destinations eg Shopping centres, nearby and closer to town.

Our 9 year old was always treated well and begged us to stop over on our flight back and all future flights. Something we all plan to do for sure as this hotel KNOWS How to make people feel special and totally enjoy themselves with a splash of luxury! We only stayed 2 nights NEXT time I hope this to be our destination for a week.

Room Tip: do consider club rooms it adds to the awesomeness feel:-) try for room overlooking the aquarium.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonjabs
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I had lots of fun at my stay in Atlantis. I hope I can come back. The water park was so awesome! We went with the dolphins, and they were so well trained! The quality of the food in the lounge was excellent, but the restaurant Levantine food was very bad. The quality of the room was excellent! And the best part was that on my mother's b'day the sent a cake and a card saying "happy birthday" in various languages!!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Too good- the service, facilities and food. The view from all the rooms is amazing. A visit to the Aquaventure and Dolphin Bay is a must. The interior of the lobbies and the reception is truly like a masterpiece. In all, if you make a trip to Dubai, ensure that your travel agent includes a stay at Atlantis The Palm,Dubai.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family