“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #94 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
SAUDI ARABIA
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at the Atlantis back in september for two nights, this was a shopping weekend with the girls. To be honest it is a very nice hotel and I would def. recommend it. Although, if you are looking for somewhere quiet to relax, this is NOT to place to go! The hotel is very busy due to the size and its reputation.

There are some great restaurants in the hotel, worth a visit just for those, Locatelli's (itailian) was my personal favourite and I have visited again since it was so good! The hotel is just worth a visit just to look at the aquariums and the decor, this is maybe why the hotel is so busy!

Our only bad experience was the breakfast, the restaurant where breakfast is served was very over crowded, the tables are squashed so close together, we were given a table squashed up in the corner with babies high chairs piled up next to us and in front of us was the table used to collect the empty plates and the staff were stood scrapping the plates in front of us and leaving the piles of food uncovered instead of taking them away, which put me right off my breakfast! The experience wasn't that of a world famous hotel but more like a package holiday in Spain!

But overall I would recommend the hotel just to experience it, just avoid the breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KATY H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,618)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bahrain
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Where to start? I checked in after Sandance for 2 nights at 2300 dirhams per night expecting an amazing experience and a luxury room. The room was average at best, there was no hot water to run a bath and the balcony view was of the aquarium which gave off the sickly smell of fish. There were stains on the carpet and fittings and then there was the matter of wifi, they wanted to charge 100 dirhams per day, i'm sorry but you cannot charge that for someone paying 2300 dirhams per night. On top of that the added on services such as room service and things like hiring a computer console for the day are extortionate (I think it worked out that over 2 days of hire, you could just buy a console outright) the hotel obviously has the view that if you can afford to stay here, you can afford our added charges. The reception staff were quite rude and there was very little sign of 5 star service when checking in or out. I tried to cancel the second night as I needed to travel back urgently on business and was told by one employee that a refund was not possible, I then literally just walked over to another desk and they issued a full refund without any problems, I'm very grateful for the refund but which is it? yes or no? more staff training is needed in hospitality and following the hotels policy. If your looking for peace and quite, serenity and 5 star luxury, you wont find it here. The place is basically a tourist attraction with a hotel attached as an afterthought and reception and all surrounding areas are very crowded with people not even staying in the hotel. I could go on and on but for a third of the price of this place, there are much nicer places to stay in Dubai, don't be fooled by the hype of this place and fall for the same trap I did as you will end up resenting yourself for paying all that money to for a poor service and a very average room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen R
Bromborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed for ten days from the 17th September 2013 to the 27th. This is without doubt the best hotel i have ever been to. No doubt there are some people who think there are better hotels... ( For example The Burj) However i don't want to pay £7,000 for a weeks stay!!
The Atlantis is simply amazing from walking in to leaving. The food is exceptional. I have never had better! Kaleidoscope and Saffron are brilliant but Nassimi Beach tops them both. If you like formal dining i recommend Seafire and Ronda Locetti but please note, these are the type of places where you are asked "do you like this"... "do you want some more of that etc".... It can be a bit much but if that's your kind of thing crack on... The food is great.
What gets you the most is the people who work there. Always courteous, always smiling, it never ends. It makes the holiday special. I stayed on the 9th floor in the west tower with a view of the Burj Khalifa. I want that room again! There are individual people who i would like to mention personally.
Ricky from the beach..... Looked after us, topping up the ice, sorting our beds out , bringing us ice cold beer, Cucumbers for your hot eyes....
Dieudonne who serviced our room. The room is made up during the day and then turned down in the evening with slippers on either side of the bed. Brilliant!
Ricky in Barazura bar.... Great service from him and the resident Piano player is very very good.
Finally Nassimi beach. Great for happy hour and great for food. Jammal Uddin made sure we were welcomed every time and we had our last night there. The manager ( sadly i forget his name) was also a top guy.
Please go to this hotel. It is family friendly so if you don't like children it may not be for you but i intend to go back next October when it is slightly cooler.

Room Tip: Go West Wing level 9. I stayed in 9342 and would happily go back.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roman t
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

WE went here for a long weekend in Imperial Club and cannot praise this hotel and staff enough
the room was beautiful with a view over the beach and dubai skyline, as imperial club guests you did get a far superior service including free drinks, free waterpark plug alot more.
The breakfast area was truly amazing choices for any nationality
The beach was great, we hired a Cabana which was an experience not to be missed a special mention to John who made our day very special
We used the spa and were given free gifts with our treatments and the staff were very attentive a special mention to Jenifer on the reception of the spa
The Lebanese restauarant was good fun and also you could sit upstairs for drinks and shisha Little Mohammed was alot like manuel from fawlty towers and made our night alot of fun
The Ossiano was expensive but worth every penny
We would like to say a big thank you to Mustafa who showed us true kindness
We cant wait to return very soon we hope

1 Thank MrsDix0n
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am honoured and delighted to read of your positive comments and that your stay has been a memorable one. It is rewarding to learn that John, Jennifer, Mohammed and Mustafa have been exceptional in their service and we will be sure to share your appreciation with them.

Moreover, I am happy to read of your plans of returning back to Atlantis, The Palm. The whole team will look forward to welcome you back.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed for 4 nights, we took the offer of an ungrade to the imperial club which gave you breakfast at a range of restaurants, access to a private lounge, dining and bar area where food and drinks we available all day and an upgraded room to an imperial suite. As a couple who intended to spend most of our time at the hotel this was good value. The hotel and it's surrounds are magnificent, pools and beach area are superb, with life guards in attendance in number and full food and meal services available. Kids pool is attached to the main pool, whole pool, beach area is very well laid out. There is another pool area for those that want to party a little, music is played etc...teens and young adults seemed to head there, the entertainment areas are well seperated so no conflict there. Room was large, well appointed, bathroom was well designed and appointed. Staff very friendly, great service. World class restaurants, Nobu etc... and shopping available in the arcades that make up the hotel complex. Water park and aquarium access was complimentary. We loved our stay. The hotel is on the palm so if you intend sight seeing daily you will have taxi fares to consider, but that's Dubai, the hotel does have free shuttles to main shopping malls.

Room Tip: The West Tower is not as busy as the East Tower as the entrance to Aqua and shopping arcades are nea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SPA61
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is extremely rewarding to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. Your kind words on our resort grounds, facilities and colleagues are highly appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Best regard,

Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We booked the weekend with Emirate Holiday and they suggested this hotel. Our expectation is very high due to there are only 2 Atlantis hotel in the world and also the package is quite expensive. We decided to pay more for Imperial Club Room with extra benefits.
First arrival, Lobby is very stunning, I love all the different lights on the wall and ceiling, they look amazing and unique.
Imperial Club room is quite small and very basic for 5* hotel, we say it is 2* basic room with uncomfortable hard bed and pillow. Our room was in East Tower with great view of palm and sea. There is no mouthwash provided which we know that some 5* hotels we went are providing this.
It was long holiday in Oman and Dubai so was very crowded and busy with kids from inhouse or outside guests. If you are honeymooner/couple/senior citizen, absolutely I would not recommend this hotel. But for family with kids, it will be best for you as they have many kids facilities i.e waterpark, The Lost Chambers Aquarium, Dolphin Bay which are amazing.
Club lounge is another story. At 6-8pm, it is very busy and we have to queue for 15-20 minutes to get table, it is just too small lounge with alot of guests. Food at Club Lounge are very low standard and it was not worth it to pay extra.
Breakfasts at Kaleidoscope is another queue, but not as bad as Club Lounge and they have so many food selections.
All staffs are very friendly and helpful so it is bonus for the hotel.

1 Thank EWD_12
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for your positive feedback on our decor, recreational facilities and service, as well as for recommending us with families.

However, I truly regret that the amenities in our rooms did not meet your expectation. I have taken good note of your suggestion and will discuss with my team during the next review exercise of our amenity list.

Moreover, I fully apologise for the inconvenience that you have faced to get a table in our Imperial Club Lounge. I wish to inform you that in addition to 2 Club Lounges, our Imperial Club guests can also enjoy breakfasts in our 2 buffet restaurants. Having said this, my team will continue to monitor the situation and please be assured that we will take all necessary measures to ensure that our Imperial Club guests have a memorable experience with us.

Regarding the queue in Kaleidoscope, delays would normally happen when many guests come for breakfast at the same time. Although I do not have an immediate solution for this, I can assure you that we will look into the matter very seriously. Having said this, during busy periods, we do offer the option to our guests to have breakfast in Rostang, our French Brasserie. Alternatively, Saffron, our other buffet restaurant is also open for breakfast.

I wish to thank you for your positive feedback on our decor, recreational facilities and service, as well as for recommending us with families.

Dubai
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We went for a staycation here for Eid al Adha (2013) and this time went for the Imperial Club upgrade, but to be honest, I was disappointed with this trip.
Check in was good - we were shuttled between a few desks at first, but it happened pretty quickly.
Room was good - nice view over the gulf, clean and the level you expect from this kind of hotel
Imperial Lounge - not so good. We could not get in one night as it was full, but the food was good for what it was, and the drink was free from 6-8pm on the nights we could get in
Restaurants were great as usual...
Saffron (asian buffet - excellent);
Seafire (steaks) great - though some people near us didn't get served until we finished our dinner (and they sat down before us!);
Kaleidoscope - as usual, you can't go wrong here - and I reckon this serves the best breakfast I have ever had!
Locatelli - really good - had a great atmosphere and the Italian food was really well done.

Room Tip: City rooms are a little quieter than gulf rooms, as the road is outside of the hotel on the Gulf sid...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely regret that your stay with us has not been to your expectation this time around. Please be assured that your comments on your check-in and Club Lounge experience have been shared with my team for continual improvement.

On a more positive note, your kind words on your room and restaurant experience are well appreciated. I will not miss to congratulate all colleagues involved in providing you with an exemplary service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.