“A very large hotel with wonderful facilities”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #97 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Hong Kong, China
“A very large hotel with wonderful facilities”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my second hotel in my trip. I went there from Mall of the Emirates by taxi, around HK$90, not expensive. I checked in at around 10:30am, and immediately got a room. The staff was nice. My room view was good with the large TV. There was magazine in the room that related to travel in Dubai, gave me some information about this place. The bath room, excellent, with bath salt. I love this.

The facility in the hotel, I liked the beach and the swimming pool. I also tried the fitness center in the hotel at 6:30am, not many people. The fitness centre opened at 5:30am, good for me.

There is shuttle to Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates and also Dubai outlet. After I checked out (I used the express check out from TV), I went to lobby to wait the shuttle to Mall of the Emirates. The drawback is that the coach was not large, I got a luggage, not so much space for me to put in.

If you visited Dubai, this hotel, I recommend you could stay for 1-2 days, especially you have kids.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that we were able to provide you with a room before the official check-in time as all check-ins are processed on a first come first serve basis and availability of room type that our guests had booked for.

I am also honoured and delighted to read all your positive comments, especially with regards to our restaurants, resort facilities and hotel room.

We thank you once more for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

President and Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,653)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at this wonderful hotel for our honeymoon for two nights. The service that you get from this hotel is what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. As we had an early morning flight we had arrived early , so our room wasn’t available, therefore we had to wait until 2pm to get our room. While waiting for our room, we relaxed at the massive pool, the beach and wondered around the lost chambers aquarium which is also free to visit if you are staying at the Atlantis.

The choice of food for breakfast and dinner choice at this hotel was huge. Considering we were jain vegetarians, we had no problem with food at the Indian food stall in the dining area. They made jain food especially for us which was very nice of them!

This hotel itself is very big and is like a mini resort with a shopping centre. When you stay at the hotel you get complimentary access to the water park. This hotel has two massive swimming pools which can get crowded at times. The lobby area can also get very crowded at times especially when its checking out time so be sure to check out slightly earlier if you can!

We were upgraded to the Palm view room where the view was very nice, but overall we didn't like the look of the room. The room did not match the status of the hotel. We were quite disappointed, but the huge variety of breakfast made up for our disappointment.

All in all we had a wonderful time staying at the Atlantis and would recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jayesh G
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It gives me much pleasure to read that we have exceeded your expectations on your honeymoon vacation in Dubai. I appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel facilities and breakfast buffets.

However, I truly regret that the interior decor of our room did not meet your expectation. I have taken good note of your suggestion and will discuss with my team during the next review exercise of our room interior decor.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you in a not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I highly recommend to avail the upgrade for Imperial Club, which includes breakfast buffet and all day dining from 7:00am-11:00pm in 4 areas of the hotel and discounts to spas, etc.. The aquarium and lost chambers are really awesome. The view from our balcony was fabulous. Aquaventure and dolphin adventure was really fun.

Room Tip: I highly recommend to avail the upgrade for Imperial Club,with city view :-)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sándor V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that your stay with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed the Imperial Club benefits.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This resort surely lives up to its standards. I had high expectations and I was not disappointed at all.

They have their own bus for the visitors to enter the resort and a lot for the cars to park in. The main hall itself is like the ballroom of a hotel and before you can get a glimpse of the waterpark, you will find yourself in a gallery selling swimwear and restaurant chains for the tourists to enjoy. Also, the resort has its own aquarium park and a lot of souvenir shops.

Now inside the waterpark, the prices are affordable and they offer a lot of family packs. The employees are friendly and the parents will surely feel secure since there are lifeguards everywhere. Although there is a rule that food are not allowed inside, there are a lot of food stalls inside as well.

Surely people of all ages will enjoy! :)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank lotsofbroom-brooms
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It gives me much pleasure to read that we have exceeded your expectations. I wish to thank you for your detailed review as it gives me the opportunity to congratulate the teams who provided you with an exemplary service.

Thank you for recommending Atlantis, The Palm and I look forward to welcoming you and your family in a not too distant future.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We have been to Dubai many times but this was out first time at the Atlantis.

Arrived at the hotel at approx 07:15am.

Our family arrived 2 days before and requested rooms on the same floor as we had emailed then weeks before.

Our room was not ready and we were told 3pm is the latest it would be ready but as we were early we were on the priority list and it should be earlier. We went to the pool and every few hours would check with reception but out room was not ready. We eventually went back at 3:50 and the room was still not ready!! This was very frustrating, especially travelling with an infant and this is 50mins after the latest time slot!

We booked the same room type as our family but there were inconsistencies, they had a balcony, we didn't, we had a beach bag, they didn't, we had fruit in the room they didn't. The reception area is sooooo slow!

The Atlantis has great cabanas ;extra cost) but I went to reception 3 times to book and was told they'd leave me a message - they didn't. The 4th visit to reception was successful and we enjoyed the cabana.

The pool is lovely! Very clean, friendly lifeguards, sunbirds available.

The sea is full of sharp stones. Never had that before in Dubai, had to avoid with young children.

Hotel food was nice, good selection for everyone, no complaints at all with the good, restaurants or staff!

Overall - you will have a nice time if you've already booked. But there are a lot better hotels on the palm and jumeriah beach without the Atlantis price tag and slow service.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Karen G
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Whilst it is a pleasure to read that you were impressed with the hotel facilities and our restaurants, it is still a drawback for me to learn of the inconveniences that you have faced during your stay with us.

Furthermore, I am also concerned to read your comments about your check-in experience. Please be assured that your experience has been shared with our Front Office team and appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that guests checking in after the official check-in time of 3 pm have their rooms ready upon arrival.

I wish to assure you that your comments are very valuable to us as we are committed to continually improve our products and services.

We thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again at Atlantis The Palm.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I thought I would give my family two days of happiness. What a rip-off.
I was quoted a price at reservation that ended up to be almost double.
NOTHING is included in the room, not even the coffee facilities or the internet (at that room price!!). The internet went down completely one evening- so my work was compromised. No discount offered for the malfunction, only a sorry letter. The free tv was also off on that occasion (how surprising).
Watch for the taxes: city "authority fee" is 10%, "service charge" is another 10% (which ends up to an important 20%) and then a nice "Tourism Dirham fee" of a fixed AED 20 (EUR 4) per day are all not included, so MAKE SURE you account for it before you book!
I had to fight to waive the charge placed on arrival (unmentioned at the time of reservation) for my daughter's (7 year old) bed; the reservation description said that the 'Ocean Deluxe' room is for 2 adults and 2 children. There was only the king size bed in the room.
The room itself was average, both in space and in layout - absolutely not up to the price.
You can not eat (do anything) without paying through the nose. It's all about the money. Even Starbucks outside serves cappuccino with long-life milk (which is disgusting and costs a fifth of fresh milk - that was served to us also in the Dubai Mall, by the way, so it must be practice to save $$ for the local shop).
Transport: to go anywhere you need a taxi - reasonably priced. The hotel shuttle helps. The showy metro gets you nowhere (only to the base of the Palm), it runs seldom and is unconnected to the rest of the metro and is expensive.
The place is full of billionaires showing off their billions, snotty attitude galore.
We were sorry for the fish, which belong to nature and all of us as a community. They are caged in overcrowded tanks for the pleasure of a pricey picture, a costly lazy dive or a very expensive suite. Some fish are in such small tanks that they are boxed in a display only up to their size, alive but without the possibility to move - surviving in coffins. All in a human imaginary of an Atlantis videogame of sorts, with caged living creatures which would otherwise roam the oceans, stolen from our world (everyone's property) and displayed exclusively for the owners' deep pockets.
Dolphins, whose habitat is the freedom of the seas, are made to behave as "good doggies" for you in a group of 10 people for the ridiculous price of AED 800 (EUR 157 or more) per person for 30 minutes. The dolphins work relentlessly - and we have no thorough info on how they are treated.
The Waterpark is invaded by paying customers, but the levels of chemicals (plus sun creams and organic stuff) in the water should be checked: when we came out of the water every time we had to rush and wash off, because of the reaction on our skin.
The sea (the natural environment - almost no people there) was lovely, on the other hand.
Make sure, if you want the 15% discount on The Palm room advised everywhere by Emirates, to book through the Emirates website. We had a perfectly valid Emirates ticket, but booked The Palm through Booking (much earlier): the discount was not allowed to us.
For me, never again.
Message for Mr Director, if you reply here with your soothing tones (probably paid trolls): your place was behind the counter, talking to us when we were there, thank you!

Room Tip: Filled with "surprise" charges.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank coldfusionLENR
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Atlantis, The Palm.

I sincerely regret to read that your expectations were not met during your stay with us.

With regards to our pricing, we wish to assure you that it is competitive with other 5 star properties. In addition, we also have promotional offers all year round. The information on our promotions, they are available on our website and in case of doubt, we can assure you that all colleagues are at your service for any question you may have.

I thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Val d'Isere, France
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have just come back from a 7 day stay in the terrace club suite, Atlantis the palm. I went with my brothers and father. I cannot even begin to describe to you how amazing our stay was! When we arrived we were greeted by smiling staff who took our luggage, checked us in and showed us to our room within 10 minutes! We arrived late at night and deciding that the water park would be quite crowded so we got up early and went there. When we arrived the park was completely empty, we did lots of the rides including shark attack which was an experience of a lifetime! And later on we went snorkelling in the ambassador lagoon which was absolutely amazing, we had booked on the internet which was incredibly efficient and easy. We got to swim with dolphins, do a shark safari, feed rays and do all sorts of "once in a lifetime experiences". We had to search for 2 months for a decent hotel on the internet because my family and I are very picky, I often write reviews and always find something negative to say about the hotels we go to, but I honestly cannot find a single bad thing to say about atlantis! Even walking into the lobby I was breath taken by the beauty of the hotel! People say it is a very expensive hotel, which it is but it is an EXTREMELY amazing hotel and I think it was worth every penny!
I wish for you the same amount of happiness I had whilst staying in Dubai.
Best regards.

Room Tip: We personally chose the terrace club suite and a view over the Arabian Sea and thought I was spectac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy Y
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is extremely rewarding to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. Your kind words on our resort grounds, hotel facilities and activities are highly appreciated.

I am also really happy that you were pleased with the service rendered by our colleagues across the entire resort.

We look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.